2007 Federal Election

watch the unemployment rate go through the roof because no one will want to put full time workers on because of the unfair dismissal laws will be back.

So does this mean you're in favor of UNFAIR DISMISSALS?
Without protective laws, we're all screwed.

I think we can say that with Rudd at the Helm, australia will be up **** creek without a paddle. Interests rates will sky rocket, unemployment will sky rocket, i could go on but i think everyone will find out soon what they've done now they elected in a bunch of union fanactics

Well, well, well a very touchy subject indeed....

We're going to put our naive hats on and believe that he will not abuse his position of power and screw us into the ****ing ground (at least for the next six months).

HOWEVER

In reality we are pretty confident that our economy will be down the **** shoot, unemployment will sky rocket and the average Bob and Mary Bloggs with kids will be ****ed......

Oh well, nothing that can be done about it now & we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope we don't lose our houses and can put foods in our children's mouths :confused:

I have sat here and read ppl's complains to tell you the truth it makes me sick.

Yes howard might have got australia out of where we were as labor did screwed things up last time, dont mean they will this time.

give it 6months, maybe 12 and see where we are. howard was only going to be there for half a term and i think that is what killed him big time. i aint going to run either down as i aint big on things, but you talk about houses how about the fact the they say in sydney 38% of the family income has to be paid on the house.

But if you look at income they also work that on the fact it goes from priminster dsown to the the unemployed. lets face facts the ave home lown is around $600 a week at least

Now that we have all State and Federal ALP, I predict the states will cry poor, and within 12 months, the GST will rise to 12 or 15%.

I think we can say that with Rudd at the Helm, australia will be up **** creek without a paddle. Interests rates will sky rocket, unemployment will sky rocket, i could go on but i think everyone will find out soon what they've done now they elected in a bunch of union fanactics

Its high time people stopped living in the past.

I can quite happily say I voted for Rudd as new PM. The main thing that proved Howard's downfall was that sometime during his new term Peter Costello would be taking over. Rudd was in it for the long haul, Howard was not. And to counteract this, Howard does his whole last minute overspending to try and compensate for not gutting his hopeful 5th term out.

After 11 long years Australia has been looking for a change, and now we have one. Is this going to be a good change? Who knows.... No one will until the change actually happens.

It'll take a lot for this government to be worse than its predecessor.

Well said Luke. John Howard set new leadership highs during his 11 year run as PM. K-Rudd is a smart man and he knows if he doesn't rise to new heights Labor will lose the next election. John Howard tried to buy voters with his irresponsible spending promises, closing electoral enrollments early to try and shut out young voters and playing dirty politics by exposing that K-Rudd went to a strip club to try and sway voters that he's not a good role-model. Face it people, John Howard's most recent policies threw "fair go" out the window. The workplace agreement isn't fair that these "small and large businesses" are allowed to screw their employees out of a job at any time for any reason. These are Australian people who have the right to make a living and support their families. Kevin Rudd is a Prime Minister for ALL Australians and John Howard was obviously not. I don't know about the rest of you but I'd rather not lose my overtime and penalty rates. The problem with you Rudd haters is you're all in your comfort zone and afraid of change and you're all living in the past. Previous Labor governments hurt Australia but that was then is this is now. I'm yet to trust that Kevin Rudd will deliver on his promises, but his campaign was genuine and his policies are in the best interests of ALL Australians.

An economy is more than just home interest rates.

If we look to history we can look all the way back to when Howard was a "treasurer" and see much more unfavourable interest rates.

If the interest rates are significanlty lower than they were under Labour as people keep banging on about, why is it so damn unaffordable to own a home. Maybe because of the price of property and land, which I am sure this "wonderful" economy has something to do with.

How about a Government who goes on and on about being in surplus because they wont sink money into INFRASTRUCTURE where it belongs.

All these so called tax cuts are nice to get but call me cynical, $20 dollars a week (before tax) in my pocket doesn't thrill me all that much. Having extra money in the pocket may be nice, but when you go and try to spend it on health care, education or something similarly worthwhile instead of a plasma screen TV or a case of beer every week, the INFRASTRUCTURE isn't there to spend you own money on.

I may not be the most political person in the world, but I damn well know when things are not right, not good and not pure of heart and the Liberals were all of these things and more.

Howard was a liar, a sneaky subversive tactician and has done nothing more for this country but ride the wave of a temporary resources boom without thinking of the REAL future of this country.

Damn I hate ranting but I really needed it.

GO LABOUR!!!

Here Here kjharry :p
Its all this scare mongering that the past liberal government used during its campaign that has got most peoples backs up. The real fact is that yes the previous labour governments had high interest rates yes, but, that was due in large part to the economy and how things were back then.
Also its not the governments that determine the interests rates anyway, its the governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia, who liaises with the sitting government.
What John Howard failed to mention was that when he was treasurer interest rates hit 21%, now call me cynical but isn't that higher than Labour's at any stage.
The world has changed and howard as somehow forgotten this, Kevin has plans for the future lets see what he can do......
I voted Labour and proud of It......

An economy is more than just home interest rates.
If we look to history we can look all the way back to when Howard was a "treasurer" and see much more unfavourable interest rates.
If the interest rates are significanlty lower than they were under Labour as people keep banging on about, why is it so damn unaffordable to own a home. Maybe because of the price of property and land, which I am sure this "wonderful" economy has something to do with.
How about a Government who goes on and on about being in surplus because they wont sink money into INFRASTRUCTURE where it belongs.
All these so called tax cuts are nice to get but call me cynical, $20 dollars a week (before tax) in my pocket doesn't thrill me all that much. Having extra money in the pocket may be nice, but when you go and try to spend it on health care, education or something similarly worthwhile instead of a plasma screen TV or a case of beer every week, the INFRASTRUCTURE isn't there to spend you own money on.
I may not be the most political person in the world, but I damn well know when things are not right, not good and not pure of heart and the Liberals were all of these things and more.
Howard was a liar, a sneaky subversive tactician and has done nothing more for this country but ride the wave of a temporary resources boom without thinking of the REAL future of this country.
Damn I hate ranting but I really needed it.
GO LABOUR!!!

And this record low unemployment they kept banging on about was the result moreso of putting record numbers of people into those Work For The Dole schemes, making them attend for a minimum 15 hours a week and classing them as employed.
Employed my arse!

Excellent post, and I agree with it kjharry.

Well said Luke. John Howard set new leadership highs during his 11 year run as PM. K-Rudd is a smart man and he knows if he doesn't rise to new heights Labor will lose the next election. John Howard tried to buy voters with his irresponsible spending promises, closing electoral enrollments early to try and shut out young voters and playing dirty politics by exposing that K-Rudd went to a strip club to try and sway voters that he's not a good role-model. Face it people, John Howard's most recent policies threw "fair go" out the window. The workplace agreement isn't fair that these "small and large businesses" are allowed to screw their employees out of a job at any time for any reason. These are Australian people who have the right to make a living and support their families. Kevin Rudd is a Prime Minister for ALL Australians and John Howard was obviously not. I don't know about the rest of you but I'd rather not lose my overtime and penalty rates. The problem with you Rudd haters is you're all in your comfort zone and afraid of change and you're all living in the past. Previous Labor governments hurt Australia but that was then is this is now. I'm yet to trust that Kevin Rudd will deliver on his promises, but his campaign was genuine and his policies are in the best interests of ALL Australians.

You will find most businesses are not trying to screw there workers they are just trying to make a dollar. Now that k-Rudd(aka Union puppet)is in charge he has to pay the unions back for there funding of labours Tv adds and other funding.Some unions even sold properties they owned to fund labour,Did they just do this because they are nice people........I dont think so how will he pay them back may i ask ?

I wonder how many of you running down the Labor Party and the unions have jobs?

Those of you that do have jobs no doubt enjoy holiday leave, overtime, other penalty rates, maternity leave, sick leave and any other benefit that you can name (unless you signed an AWA under Work Choices...in which case you would not have many of these, and would lose more over time....ha ha), all these benefits were not given to you by the employer, they were achieved over the last 100 years of campaigning by unions to achieve workers rights and entitlements and fairness in the workplace.

I am not concerned personally about Work Choices as I am about to retire but having been personally in involved in the Enterprise Bargaining process for many years I could see that what the Coalition had done to workers was completely wrong. The pendulum had swung too far in favour of the employer and was in my mind the single biggest factor why Australia voted them out.
It is not a time to be pessimistic but to be positive and confident about the future of what this country can achieve.
I am what you call a swinging voter but I surely voted Labor this time for the reasons expressed above.

Pardon my french but Union Puppet my ARSE....

The ACTU have already stated publically in the press that they will be keeping just as much pressure on the Labour Government as they did with the Liberals to make sure workplaces are fair for ALL workers and equally just as fair for employers too.

Personally I feel more comfortable with Labour having alliances with the union movement than rI did with the Liberals receiving underhanded election funding from a dodgy religious group such as the Exclusive Brethren.....

My goodness what is this Tripe, a Kevin Rudd Fan Club, everyone fell for the clever Campaign, he promised Nothing and made it sound like Something.

Oh Nurse, Nurse, Oh Nurse, that was the best Scam I seen through the Election, the Nurses are Employed under State Awards, so if they were under paid who was at fault? John Howard and Work Choices, how clever was that.

I run my own Small Business, I now have to consider employing any new Staff, in case I can't get rid of them if they are no good, Kevin said he will give Small Business a 12 month reprive from Unfair Dismissals, this could end up costly.

willey

K-Rudd sworn in as our new official Prime Minister as of this morning

There are two things people should be left to make up their own minds about they are Polotics and Religion. Most of the time you are never going to change peoples views on thses subjects.

Back
Top Bottom