FREE 1-on-1 instruction and doing my part for the game

wchester

Bowling Tragic
During 2008, I am offering my time and coaching to anyone who is a TotalBowling member. On the lanes coaching must be at Bendigo's Dragon City Lanes and the cost of lineage will not be included in the "free offer"
Contact me through this site and we'll arrange a time and date. I will donate up to two hours of intensive coaching daily to anyone with a desire to learn and improve their physical and mental game. For those of you out there who cannot make it to Bendigo, I would gladly offer expert analysis of your physical game providing you send me a video of yourself on the lanes. If you believe this is for you, contact me through this site for instruction on how to video yourself for maximum effectiveness.

In an attempt to do my part in helping the sport of bowling regain some of it's past glory, I recently nominated for a country representative position on the board of VicTenpins. After failing to hear anything at all in return from the board, not even a confirmation of their receipt of my nomination papers, I emailed Justin Lopes the morning of the VicTenpins AGM and waited...and waited. The following is a copy of the email I received, an incredible FIVE DAYS after the AGM had taken place.

Mr Wayne Chester

Good evening Wayne,

Justin has passed on to me your email dated 15 December 2007 in regards to the VicTenpins AGM, in particular the agenda item dealing with election of Country Representatives to the VicTenpins board.

Your nomination was received by the advertised closing date and was included along with other nominations received for Country Representation. Unfortunately, after much discussion, consideration and ballot, your nomination was unsuccessful. The following is an extract from the minutes of the AGM:

"The Secretary announced that five written nominations had been received for the Country positions - Aline Martin, Kathy Smith, Eric Harrison, Denece Jones and Wayne Chester. As five nominations were received for four available positions a vote, based on the primary voting system, was conducted. The results of this ballot saw Aline Martin, Kathy Smith, Eric Harrison and Denece Jones elected as the Country representatives for 2007 / 2008"

Thank you for your interest.

With best regards

Jamie Taafe
VicTenpins Executive Officer

I guess they didn't want anyone with "vision" and "new ideas" on their board

During 2008, I am offering my time and coaching to anyone who is a TotalBowling member. On the lanes coaching must be at Bendigo's Dragon City Lanes and the cost of lineage will not be included in the "free offer"
I guess they didn't want anyone with "vision" and "new ideas" on their board
Good onya Wayne. It's good to see you putting something back for the bowling community. I am sure lot's of bowlers will take advantage of this.
As for the vision and new ideas. Don't give up mate. Your time will come and no one will be able to stand between you and your vision. As long the vision is from a sincere desire and not expecting anything back in return. As for the state board... i did report a league treasurer and a league secretary for stealing money from our league. So far i have not heard anything back.
Best wishes.
Alex

You might be taking that a bit personally Wayne, I live two states away and I know well half of those names you're competing with.
Aline has given a great deal of her time and career expertise to this sport over the years
Kathy has been on the TBA board for longer than I remember

I guess what I'm trying to say is you shouldn't take it personally, maybe they feel that these people also have "vision" and "new ideas"

As for "a full five days", doesn't that just go to show how our expectations have changed with email on the scene :) Back in the days of a letter it would've been at least a two week round trip :p

Wayne

I am sorry that your application was not accepted.

Your passion for the game has never, in my opinion, been in question. I can only guess that you were not accepted, because you would not go along with the rest of the board, and would question their motives and ideas. One which they would be very wary of. How dare you.

I would like some one on one coaching.

Since I have thrown away my wrist brace, I have never bowled better. I am currently bowling above a 210 average, although the way that Greg is oiling the lanes, it suits my game.

I have also been playing elewhere as I am in the over 45's comp, and am still bowling well (above 200 average)

I am probably too old to change my game, but I would like some tips, from another perspective, to help with what I have got.

The hard bi, at the moment, is that I believe Greg is not all that thorough with the oiling etc, as it is school holidays, and there is no leagues playing.

Let me know time/date when it suits you.

Regards,

David

Wayne
If I read your post correctly can I assume you didn't go to the Victenpins AGM?
I know for a fact that the AGM was open to anybody who wanted to go. If I was on the board I would find it difficult to vote for someone who didn't even bother to show up no matter how good they were. Even if you weren't sure your application had been received you should have at least been at the meeting asking why? You could also have brought up any other items of concern you had, whether you were elected or not. Still, I know some of the people on the Victenpins board and I'm sure they would have treated your application as any other. Reading the reply seems to indicate a close battle with much discussion.

Good luck with the coaching, always good to see anyone offer their time to improve bowling.

Regards
Roger

Alex
I know you are upset about issues that happened within your league, but you cannot blame the VicTenpins board.
Your issues had nothing to do with VicTenpins and was a matter for the local association the league for registered with. The local association has fun power to deal with issues of theft.
VicTenpins does not deal with league matters whatsoever and it is not part of its constitution to do so.
If you need more help with this matter, just contact me.
Regards
Grant Eadie
TBA State Manager

I am probably too old to change my game, but I would like some tips, from another perspective, to help with what I have got.

David,
You are never to old to learn or change. It is a matter of committing to the change to see if it works, not just trying it for a week.

Rob

PS. Why not get Wayne to coach your Country Cup Team?? Twofold effect of helping your team and also helping Wayne to meet more of the Country bowlers to help spread the word on his vision.

PS. Why not get Wayne to coach your Country Cup Team?? Twofold effect of helping your team and also helping Wayne to meet more of the Country bowlers to help spread the word on his vision.

Thats a great idea rob. Hope Wayne can do that for both men and womens teams like Craig did 2006 at bendigo.

Matt Hagley

Look out Wayne
I'll try and post a video up here for you to have a laugh at and possibly help a lefty.

Cheers
Jason

Ok sampson1791..I'll see what i can do to help.

Anyone else who wishes to learn more about the game, please contact me directly.

Back
Top Bottom