Upcoming meetings and informationals

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
All,

Just wanting to ensure everyone is aware of the following two important administrative events on the ACT calendar -
1. ACTTBA AGM, and election of the entire board
2. Holt AGM / info session

Both of these are in AMF Tuggeranong on the 21st of February. ACTTBA at 10.00am and Holt at 2.00pm I think.

Here's your opportunity to voice your opinion, or possible get into a position where you could make some changes yourself...

Jeff

Yeah, improvements are afoot.

Anyone wishing to nominate for a board position on the ACTTBA or to make a motion to change the constitution needs to file said nomination or notice this week - apologies for the lateness on that note. I can provide blank nominations and notices to anyone interested

I just wanted to say, I think it's fantastic to see some new faces getting involved and bringing some fresh ideas with them.

For anybody looking to see some changes occur, you're actively invited to attend the AGM and put forth your ideas - although there's some good ones been put forward already that will be tabled.

Amongst those are some structural changes to our organisation, combining our manpower to better facilitate further improvements. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else that wasn't fairly routine, a full list of notices of motion will be made available I believe on Monday, when all sources are cleared (PO Box, for example).

Also, it's great to see there are competitive nominations on all positions this year. Last year, it fell to the floor to field candidates.

Lastly, anybody who does gain a position on the board will be required to remain after the AGM for a function at 1200.

Just a list of Motions for which Notice has been given;
1. Remove the Tournament Director position. Tournaments can be run as needs by committee
2. Remove the positions of Adult Co-ordinator, Junior Co-ordinator, and High Performance and Coaching Co-ordinator, and replace with a single position of "Development and Improvement Co-ordinator" which will encompass all three previous positions duties.
3. Remove the limitation regarding family members serving on the board, keeping a restriction on their signatory rights to the account(s)
4. Reduce the consitutional requirement for meetings to two (2), being the AGM in November and one meeting at a time such as the Adult Teams Trials
5. Add the Tournament Director to the bank account signatories, such that they can sign events cheques to winners etc. (obviously this is redundant if #1 is passed)
6. Paragraph 18 be generalised, and a reference added to the appropriate section above. Presently this repeats information from a prior paragraph, and could be changed to "as identified in 7.2 of this document"

In addition to that, there will be general discussion on;
a. Appointment of State Team managers. Proposal to be tabled that nominations for management positions close the week before the Trials, so that the positions can be appointed and announced with the team immediately.
b. Timing of 2009 State Championships (squad times, trophy event inclusions). There's a plan in place for this year that includes Friday night squads, and re-incorporates junior trophy events.
c. Selection process for the 2010 ACT PJIS Team, and eligibility. One proposal is to use State Championships in August to select the teams.

Hope to see some interested people there!

Jeff

Iam interested to see what comes of this but i will wait to see what you right Jeff, on top of the fact i am under the NSW banner but i am very interested in the sport and how the states and territories are running the sport.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Hopefully we'll see some good ideas adopted, and a board that will agressively seek to improve the situation.

Please note that wasn't a dig at any previous board, in which I have been involved myself.

I'm a software developer, and process improvement is an enormous component of what I do. This isn't a software project, but it is still a logic problem! Bring on goodness!

I have heard some wonderful backflips before but that is a beauty Jeff lol.

I do concur with what you say though you cannot be judgemental of what has happened in the past, if it was not for the people who took the time to be on the boards in the past the sport would not be able to be run so well done to everyone in the past and now move forward with new ideas to go along with those that have been successful in the past.

Michael Mclaren
Tickets for short lol

Attached is the Holt AGM notice, AND the Trials form

Attachments

• ACT Holt AGM 2009.pdf
    72.2 KB · Views: 28
  • ACT Holt Nomination 2009.pdf
    149.1 KB · Views: 33
Jeff, just wondering on confirmation of the date - there are quite a few people who believe the two meetings to be held on Sunday 22 even though paperwork says Saturday 21 - this includes people at the bowl itself who were told the 22nd, so confirmation at this late date would be greatly appreciated as some people may be missing this weekend.

Originally ACTTBA was Saturday, and Holt was Sunday but due to the overlap in personnel they were put together.

I will verify, but personally this is on my SATURDAY calendar.

Well that's done, the ACTTBA board until the next AGM is as follows;
President: Jeff Whitty
Vice President: Angy Campbell
Secretary: Cheryl Dennis
Treasurer: Lance Hickey
Disabilities Co-ordnator: Sandy Billingham

The remaining positions were consolidated into a single position targeted at development of the sport in the region on the whole. Given that this is a brand new position, nominations will be reopened for it as soon as the duties are clearly defined. Watch this space next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom