Time for the TBA to take the blame!

Q

QBert

I for one, am tired of the lame excuses given by the TBA and it's appointed board members in answer to some serious questions by a number of dues paying bowlers.

"Your cheque from the 2001 Natioal Championships is in the mail" (8 plus months late)

"Your TBA CD-ROM is on the way"

"We cannot honour that 299 or 300 with an award because you bowled it in 1999-2000 and that "other" group was in charge and they went out of business.

"You paid for but haven't received your 2001 Nationals yearbook? Please send us your name and details and we'll see what we
can do. (That should keep you quiet until we can come up with another excuse)

Yes, (fill in name) you were in the top five of all ranked bowlers last year but we don't like you so you don't get to represent your country. My son is going instead.

And how about the selection of our FIQ Youth team coach. I'm sure he'll bring home some gold. Hahahahaha..what a joke! Not one bowler on the team will even listen to him let alone do what he suggests.

Speaking of TBA appointments...how much arse do you have to kiss to get noticed?

What a bunch of liars!

Feedback is appreciated.

The humerous part of this post is that he/she is not lying in anyway. Sometimes the truth speaks for itself.
icon_eek.gif

Do you seriously think you will get TBA to take any sort of responsibility?
Just a month ago the Queensland State Board emailed each TBA director with a request for clarification of one of the Rachuig rules. (The one about the 24 games).The question was raised at the National Forum and they still couldn't handle it.
Consequently Queensland is left in limbo.We are open to protest if we field our current team, and TBA is of course making no comment on the matter.
I wish you good luck with your endeavours to get them to take any sort of responsibility, however you had better have your pigs all fuelled up and ready to take off.

Just one question for Qbert.

I have not seen or heard anywhere the appointments of the Youth FIQ coaches yet.

I may have missed it, so can you please enlighten me.

Hey Qbert,
You and George seem to have almost the exact same views on alot of things...........Do you know each other????????????

OOPS!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

To Dwambo :

Whether George is Qbert or not you shouldnt suggest that he is unless you know for sure cause all that does is stir more sh it. If nobody posts anything after Qbert then he will eventually stop posting.
But this time, like George, i tend to agree with some of the things he says.

Dwambo

It would appear that I am one of many who agrees with QBerts statements. Just because I agree doesn't mean that I am QBert (which I am not). Get your facts correct, you presumtions are going no where.

G

i'm going to back george up on this one .....

he quite often expresses his opinion knowing that some people wont agree with what he is saying ...... that is fine. the important point to note is that he doesn't hide behind an alias!!!!!

icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Qbert,
I won't give you another lame excuse, I have posted many times on this forum in relation to various issues, and quite obviously to you I am a blatant liar. I would love the opportunity to sit down face to face and go through the various issues and see what can be resovled. I will be back in the country on June 7. Give me a call on my mobile
0413160333.....you will call, won't you.
PS
If Qbert does not call and to be honest I don't expect he or she will, if anyone needs to talk to me about problems with the TBA, give me a call. I will not discuss anything in relation to selection issues because I am not a selector.
AF

There seem to be some fair comments re TBAL.
Whilst they may not be perfect, they are however trying to resolve their problems.

Then again, maybe those who are prepared to criticise should take a step back and have another look. Ask yourselves this,
"How can we make things better?"

First of all, take interest. Try and attend forums and meetings.

How many have attended the AGM?

Look, be critical if you like, but if you are not prepared to help, then maybe you should keep your criticism to yourselves, remember, the future of our sport is of the utmost importance.

Regards to you all

John Wiffen

In these irrationally exuberant times, it's getting harder and harder for the self-respecting pessimist to stay unhappy.

Some focus on a very few negatives and portray this as the overall picture, while others praise the incentives, a multitude of new directions and look forward to the future.

So pervasive is the hope, so overwhelming the positivity, that without the firmest grip on your sullen perspective, you might actually lose it.

One day, you might wake up, look at the bright side, whistle some inane showtune, and generally annoying everyone around you.

half_empty.jpg

Nice post Pedro,well said.
Now if you could just refresh my memory with a list of the multitude of new directions TBA is taking?

Andrew S.,

The multitude of new directions are well documented in the TBA Strategic Development Plan for 2002 and Beyond (dated 01.03.2002).

There's 15 pages in this plan. I certainly don't intend to reproduce this document here. However, your State Association may be able to supply you with a copy.

Pedro.. I'd like a copy of that please.
23 Ironbark Road
North Bendigo 3550

As for your prior post..The glass is half full although there seems to be a crack in the glass. I think it's time to pour it out and get a new glass.

Maybe TBA is to blame, and does have some questions to answer, but remember that without TBA we have nothing.
Instead of knocking and bagging, get on with it and do better. The organisation is only as good as the people elected or appointed to the positions. If you dis agree with the appointed people nominate yourself and maybe you will see how hard it is to please all of the bowlers all of the time. Get a life, get on with it support TBA and our bowlers.
Remember support and we will grow, be continually negative and we will die.
Australian tenpin bowling
Rise in glory, not rest in peace
my twenty cents worth

Without the bowlers TBA have nothing!

What comes first the Chicken or the Egg?

Back
Top Bottom