10 PIN

E

Evilian

Im a right handed fingertip bowler now im holding a 190+ ave at the moment but still i would like to know what to do about that damn 10 pin!!!!!!
I know we all leave that blased pin and even though i dont have much trouble these days picking it up if i am going to leave a pin standing its that one.
any advice for those nights when all you do all night is leave that horrid 10 pin would be greatly appreciated.

Put the ball higher up the head pin, another 10 to 15 mm will carry the corner.

Move your feet a little to the right till it works.

When the 4 pin stands you went too far.

Just my 2 bobs worth

my game is notorious for leaving the 10 pin. what i do if i am having a game where every shot is good but it just does not fall is to move my feet back on the apporach about 1/2 to a full foot length (i only have size 6 shoes. this works 90% of the time. other people have told me to meve forward but i dont find this as effective for me as i am afraid that i will foul and slow down without even realising what i am doing.
hope this helps.

I was told a few yrs ago now that u can move ur Feet Half a board right, works for me great, sometimes i can go 3 games a only leave 3-6 ten pins, however i do have nights where they just pop up outta nowhere.

Later Da Cowman

It really depends on what sort of 10 pin you are leaving. Let me know what the 6 pin does, like wrap around the base, fly straight up, lay in front of the 10 pin. Let me know and I"ll help you not only identify what sort of 10 pin your leaving but how to correct it.

I mainly have the 6 pin wrap around the 10 pin or it seems to get caught in the gutter and i dont get the tap

You have identified 2 forms of 10 pins

1) Being a wrap which is caused by the bowler getting a little fast on the shot and the 6 pin wrapping around the middle of the pin at speed.

2) Being a " Flat 10 " which is when the 6 falls into the gutter and never makes the jump to the 10. Usually the 6 pin is fall is slower than normal hits. This usually happens when the ball runs out of energy and stops driving through the pin deck.

To correct the first one - there is not much you can do except what your speed or perhaps move a half an inch back on the approach.

As for "Flat 10 ", you need to either bowl faster, or move deeper inside and look for some more oil to delay the roll of the ball (unless you can throw more hand). People often think more turn is better but from a physics point of view the more you ball turns the more velocity it loses and the less effective if becomes. Try moving further left with your feet and target. Even move your feet 6 and your target 5, give it a go and let us know what it does.

Get on to the chat room some time and I can talk you through some other stuff.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom