X Games Bowling Mini T'ment @ Tenpin City 9th March

QLD has 2 very full tours operating at the moment... 120 entries at both stops so far on the Wide Bay Tour And the kegel has attracted 135 entries....where's the decline in QLD?

QLD has 2 very full tours operating at the moment... 120 entries at both stops so far on the Wide Bay Tour And the kegel has attracted 135 entries....where's the decline in QLD?

And the Border Runners Grand Prix Series. ( which dips into NSW.)

Hi All,

The main state event for the year will always attract good numbers.

My point it that we base the national ranking on what, five events based accross five states. Of the 130 at the Kegal event, how many bowled in the first event in Perth and how many will bowl in each of the remaining events. Probably not 130. Maybe 15 bowlers will bowl each and every event.

Hence my point that smaller events based on a one day series over a number of centers on challenging conditions and across many months to determine the best in each state followed by a national grand champion event would attract more repeat bowlers and probably many more bowler than the ranked events will over the course of the year.

I am simply challenging the conventional thought that has clearly seen the decline of bowling accross Australia through-out the last 40 years. The same way in which Pete is with his scoring system.

To improve you need to challenge the current process.

any hoot, just my opinion as a bowler wanting to improve their game and see bowling last and not die because we did not put up a fight.

Thanks to Tenpin City for a great day, we had 12 bowlers who, I'm fairly comfortable in saying, had one of their best ever experiences at a bowling event.
Have to admit, I was worried the day was going to flop yet despite being 4 bowlers short of the number I was looking for, the day went off a real treat. We had a few spectators as well as the bowlers and everyone was expressing only positive comments. We had some great contests and cracking matches.
For the thousands of bowlers who have not yet tried, THE most competitive form of match play bowling available on the planet, when are you going to give this a go ?
It's impossible to convey in words, the difference between the traditional scoring and this new way to play a real match contest,
unless you have tried it.
Come and give this a try, dont sit back and be stuck with only the traditional game as your bowling sport. If you are a competitive bowler, you deserve to have the best value, ball for ball contest possible. XGB Pro Score might challenge many of your views about your sport, but you will never know unless you take the challenge and come to one of our comp' days.

I'm probably one of the world's worst salesman, but it's about time I stood up, to tell people about this great, new product for competition bowling.

I wish I could have been there to try it out, I love the idea of this. Having pressure on every shot sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me. And in this format it doesn't matter what pattern you use, if anything a slightly "easier" pattern would work better as you want to see people striking to win. No one will complain about traditional scoring or how easy it is, it is all about throwing it when you need to. Sure, a tough break will hurt will but they always do. It should be a lot more interesting and more importantly exciting for the spectators too. I am sure that there are plenty of people out there that would really enjoy this, once they actually got their head around it. If there is another one of these at Tenpin City and it doesn't clash with any family or work commitments then I would be putting my name down, and telling people that I know and bowl with that they should be doing the same.

John, I do agree about having some shorter events and one day tournaments are great however one other thing that the seniors do well is guaranteeing players will be bowling on both days of a weekend. It means there is no cut and the tournament is based on total pinfall, but it makes it easier planning for the weekend knowing you will be bowling on the Sunday and also could be seen as better "value for money". Travelling away and missing the cut can be extremely deflating when you have to spend the whole next day watching everyone and having people ask "what happened to you yesterday" and it can happen to just about anyone. If everyone was guaranteed to play on both days I think even if you bowled poorly by your own standards you would still come out of the weekend feeling differently, even if it was just the fact that you bowled a little better the second day. By playing on both days it would also help people with gaining "experience" as they would get a chance to come back the next day and try to improve on the day before no matter how they bowled. If there was a two day event (with no cut) in a few places around regional NSW and ACT which were spread out throughout the year I think that could really work. It would mean people could plan their weekend and split costs such as hotels and fuel etc. and have a great weekend away as often happens at events such as Orange and Bathurst etc.

Just my thoughts.....

I wish I could have been there to try it out, I love the idea of this. Having pressure on every shot sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me. And in this format it doesn't matter what pattern you use, if anything a slightly "easier" pattern would work better as you want to see people striking to win. No one will complain about traditional scoring or how easy it is, it is all about throwing it when you need to. Sure, a tough break will hurt will but they always do. It should be a lot more interesting and more importantly exciting for the spectators too. I am sure that there are plenty of people out there that would really enjoy this, once they actually got their head around it. If there is another one of these at Tenpin City and it doesn't clash with any family or work commitments then I would be putting my name down, and telling people that I know and bowl with that they should be doing the same.

Thank you for your post, if you would like to try an XGB Match with your mates, I can arrange to be at Tenpin City and run your group through a series of matches or even a single match. Am happy to expand the group of bowlers who have tried X Games Bowling.
Regards, Pete

Bumpety, bumpety, bump. Is this really going to fall into a BBH? Amazing. Oh - that's Bowling Black Hole, by the way.

Right you are Jim, batesy expressed his interest as a proprietor on page 1 of tis thread.. Am unsure if anything has transpired as yet

Just re-read your post.. And realised you were saying that Cabbo didn't get enough interest.. Which i believe to be untrue, as nothing has been promoted to gain interest yet..

Is correct, lack of interest was the reason expressed to me.
Problem is getting people to try something different. I'm sure bowlers are under the impression this is something like a No Tap or other novelty game that really does nothing to change the essence of the sport.
So far, every person who has tried XGB suddenly "gets" the difference. People need to try it, not sit back and assume what they think it will be like.
I'm willing to travel to any place so bowlers can have opportunity to experience XGB tournament for themselves. I am very fortunate to have the support of some astute and influential bowling industry identities, these people have seen XGB in action and can recognise the difference and the potential to change sport bowling from a declining and redundant sport, into something new, vibrant and increasingly more popular sport...similar to how One Day Cricket changed the flagging sport of Cricket. Both forms of the game are still Cricket, but they are very different contests for both the contestants and spectators alike.
XGB does change bowling into a different contest, it turns bowling from a game against your own average, into a true sporting match against another competitor.
If bowlers do not turn up and try it,they will never feel the difference and will never "get it"

It might pay to distribute the scoring software including all relevant rules etc to bowling centres, that way centres can promote and run a tourney as they have the tools and processes at their fingertips, rather than trying to do it all on your own.

Jay, I'm sure Cabbo could rustle up a full field no probs

It might pay to distribute the scoring software including all relevant rules etc to bowling centres, that way centres can promote and run a tourney as they have the tools and processes at their fingertips, rather than trying to do it all on your own.

Jay, I'm sure Cabbo could rustle up a full field no probs
Thanks for your thoughts on this, appreciate every bit of correspondence .
The App is available on both Android and IOS for $3 so people could download and use it. All you need is a pair of lanes, an opponent with similar ability as yourself, and about 40 minutes of your time.
After that,
If you don't think XGB has potential to be the best competitive form of bowling you have ever tried, email your details and I'll refund you the $3.
As with every genuine sport, it's better to experience it in tournament or round robin competition, rather than a single "practice" type situation. For this reason, I have made available 10 iPads for Bowling Centres to run demo tournaments for their local bowlers to sample XGB in a real contest situation.
At this point in time, it's not possible to plugin XGB Pro Score into automatic scoring systems, although discussions continue to make this a possibility in future.

So with the software on the iPad I could essentially run the through the scorers through the 'TV' function yes? Or through a projector?

You can use a smartphone to download the app, turn the lanes onto timed bowling , then play your match. If you have (say for instance) Apple TV you can connect to the overhead TV monitor to display the match on a large screen ( or projector screen).
When I run matches, I have an iPad for each pair of lanes/match, and use a big screen TV to connect to one of the iPads as a feature match.
Spectators are invited closer to the playing area so they can see the iPad on whichever match they are most interested in.

Back
Top Bottom