X Games Bowling Demo Match this weekend @ Rooty Hill

Some observations of the format in your flow diagram (which I like):

1) The format is obviously 1 bowler per lane, so how would smaller centres go about hosting more players? (Gympie has 12 lanes for example) is there a format that involves a 3 or 4 way match?

2) Am I correct in thinking players finishing in positions 4-22 are "equal" ? This could make prize funds very light but you need them to still play even though they cant make the final...maybe have a way to separate the top 8 or however many you want to pay (super over T20 style?)

3) How would the lineage be worked out? Per hour basis? Does that affect entry fee?

Cheers Peter

Jay, thanks for your questions, I'm really happy people are interested enough to look at details and question things.

1) Matches could go 2 per pair as many tournaments do. Three per pair would not work so then you would have to go back to a 2 day format and squads of matches.

2) In this format as posted, the groups from which bowlers are eliminated, bowl a traditional game. This allows individual placings for every bowler in the tournament. Rd5, where 12 bowlers eliminated from one group who had W:L of 2:2 going into the round play a traditional game to decide places 12 to 24th . Also in Rd5, 7 bowlers are eliminated from a group of 8, who were W:L 3:1 going into the round, also bowl a conventional game to decide places 4 to 11th.
This leaves the only undefeated bowler through to the grand final (Rd7) and 2 players to contest Rd6. The loser in Rd6 becomes 3rd place. Winner of Rd6. goes to grand final
This allows possibility for a bowler to have lost one match earlier yet be able to win through to the grand final.

3) Lineage, Centres already discount lineage for tournaments as part of their contribution to fostering the sporting side of their business. Part of their considerations when organizing a tournament would be comparing lost social play lineage for the time the event is being run. In this regard, I have to convince the hosting centres to take a package type view rather than a lineage based view on sales. XGB is favourable when the Centre considers the freeing up of lanes for open play during the latter stages of an event.
To summarise, I can show a Centre that XGB stacks up against a traditional tournament, looking at the whole picture. Those who have interest in fostering the sport will see added value in XGB beyond simple fixed price lineage method. This IS an area wher eI need to work with Centres because I'm asking them to depart from their normal way of selling their product.

Back
Top Bottom