Why so many Queenslanders?

I am really eager to know why there is such an overwhelming amount of Queenslanders on this forum? Why is Tenpin Bowling so popular in Queensland compared to other states? It seems every new member on this forum is from Queensland. Is this site promoted in Queensland centres? I hardly know any local bowlers who use or have even heard of this site in Sydney.

As an example of what I'm saying, the Queensland forum contains a staggering 30 pages of threads! :shock: New South Wales has a mere 7 pages. :-k

I hear there isn't much to do up in Townsville so this may go some way as to explaining the popularity of Tenpin! Is there something in the water in Queensland? :lol:

Hey Rob,

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I do my best to promote this site in Queensland…Being from here I do travel around to a lot of the centers,especially the country ones and pass out Total Bowling business cards to centre managers and to the people in the centre who haven’t heard of this site before…You probably noticed an influx of Members at the moment from Bundaberg here in QLD, as we have a tournament there in a few weeks and I have been working with the manager up there to try and promote the site…I figure the more people who find out about Total Bowling the more people keep in the know about what is going on in our great sport…This must only help things grow…which is my main aim…;)

I would be more than happy to send you or anyone for that matter, some business cards to hand out and pass around to different people and centers as this can only 1 improve our sports popularity, 2 improve peoples information regarding equipment and tournaments and 3 give us more people on this site with different ideas to help the sport grow…To me, I see this site as a very important source of information for many a member…

Hope that helps…

p.s if you have any ideas on how to increase members please feel free to leave your suggestions here…

p.p.s Max is correct in saying we have also two of the best Tournament Directors running some circuits up here...;)

hi guys,

From what i have seen i have to agree with Max, I bowl in N.S.W and there really isnt much happening down here, tornaments have died, so will bowling at the present

hi guys,
From what i have seen i have to agree with Max, I bowl in N.S.W and there really isnt much happening down here, tornaments have died, so will bowling at the present

There are people who would love to see NSW bowling take off again. Just keep supporting things like the Skyline Classic and Steve Cowland's tournie and things might turn around. I do hope so.

Atleast your bowling in a great league down there now Peter ;)

There really are a lot of bowlers in NSW, but communication seems to be the problem. We also have a lot of tournaments/leagues such as Pennants, ID and Bowl Sydney which run every weekend.

We really need a "Mary Flower" down here.

(Mary is coming to visit next month - I am going to kidnap her and keep her here in Sydney. Perhaps while touring the wineries I can get her to agree to running a seminar - "How to run successful tournaments and get the word out there".)

Hoping Jase will be down here shortly promoting Total Bowling as it is a brilliant forum for getting the information out.

That is what NSW bowling really needs, is someon, or some people to band together & put on regular, competetive tournaments.

I aggree with Chowny that we down here should support things like Cow's sports series that he's trying to get off the ground, as well as the skyline classic. Unfortunately, I had my name down to bowl in both of these events, but then they ended up clashing with the STBL, so I had to pull out of both of them..... Communication between center, both management & bowlers alike, is the key to help reviving NSW bowling I think....

;)i suppose we are here because its such a big place hmmmmm would i rather be in sydney NOT i suppose to see old mates like wenban batson and lovell ps but u do have the cross

Jase, I travel from centre to centre alot, you could drop me a box of cards, i'd leave say 30 per centre? I bowl in a League on Wednesday's which consist of 22 teams of 4 plus team reserves and roving reserves. Thats a big list. Saturday's I bowl in Metro Cup which is a different centre every week. My friends bowl in Pennants and I.D. also on Saturdays, so we could really spread alot of business cards easily!

I wonder if it is at all possible to do a mail out to centres - large & small - which could include a brief newsletter about the site, some promotional material like selling them an ad on the site or offering them sponsership specials & a poster advertising the site & the centres participation. This would encourage bowlers interest in both the centre & the site & may help to build up members, including those that are beginner bowlers like myself.
Just a suggestions & apologies upfront if this idea offends anyone for its cost value or any other reason.

With this in mind, any ideas on anyone opening up a thread in the forum for Q&A for beginners?? Perhaps offering some tips or quotes from tutorials etc?

Back
Top Bottom