From the TBA Website

Gunther

Each time I have tried out for WDV, I have never had my sanction card as it had not arrived in time; BUT I did pay my sanction fees at the start of the year and had the signed stub from the sanction card (signed by my league secretary) to prove that I had paid my fees if I was questioned about having paid.

I know that this doesn't help solve the situation this person is in, but it's just a thought for the future.

I hope this person doesn't miss out on trying out for WDV - it took me three attempts to make the team, and it's not an experience I would have missed for anything (even the trying and not making the team - the people you meet and the experience are all worth it) and I'll certainly be trying out again this year. It's a wonderful experience that everyone should be able to enjoy.

Jo Hine

I've been holding off posting here and I'm ashamed of myself for giving in but its so frustrating reading these posts. When Jason originally posted he should have just posted the facts and not commented which upset many.
Then for all the bowlers at the centres in question they should have then just contacted there centre and asked why they haven't paid, if they intend to pay and so on. If the answer satisfied you then alls good and if you're not happy gain some support with other bowlers. Plain and simple.
Joe why say 'my question is.....' when you could pick up the phone and get your own answer seeing you used to manage that centre and then maybe convey some facts here for the bowlers. Good or bad.
I'd like to hear if anyone here has actually bothered calling there centre if they are not registered.
I know people are frustrated but you could simple try contacting the centres and just ask their intentions.
I believe everyone should support their National Body because without one the sport will die. If you want to ask questions of TBA either email them or ring them.
I know in saying this I place myself on a target but how about hearing more factual stuff instead of 'what ifs'.
Dozza :-| ](*,) :)

I not for once posted this to make a stir; i posted it because as a bowler also i wanted to know the consequences of bowling in an unregistered center. I think all bowlers have the right to know where they stand, as since posting this i now know that alot of bowlers myself included had no idea, as did some very high profiler bowlers have no clue. I have had a lot of great response regarding this post and feel its one of the best posts that has been on this site in a long time.

This site is the place people go to get information and the way I see this was valuable information.

As for me abusing my position even with the position I hold, if I didn’t hold the position I do, I still would of posted this on the site as a bowler, anyone could have it wasn’t very hard to do. I have not once said that i agree with the ruling i actually think that this is a very good example of maybe them adopting a new ruling of bowlers should have to be sanctioned to an association weather it be Tbaq (example) or others for that matter, as all this does is at the moment get alot of bowlers off side with center owners/manager in some of the bowls they bowl in.

Yes perhaps i pointed the finger; perhaps i didn’t depend on who you ask, but who else is to blame. A bowler can’t sanction a center nor can they enforce the owners/managers to do so. I mean honestly, i also have been informed that most of these centers have collected the sanction moneys from the bowlers all ready. So if this is true, (and like i said, i was told that this was the case, by someone in TBA), then if they cant afford the sanctioning then where has this money gone? I really don’t think its there’s to spend on anything other than the sanctioning. To me it’s a bit like when companies collect the GST, and then comes BAS time and they say sorry can’t pay it. At he end of the day they should have it and not have spent it else where as it wasn’t there’s to spend in the first place. Alot of companies have become collection agencies for the government. And yes this is a similar case I believe.

All I know is that AT THE MOMENT THE WAY THE RULING IS, if I was a bowler trying to represent my state I wouldn’t try and push the ruling. At the end of the day we as bowlers make our own decisions and if we want to risk being stripped of our ranking points or dropped of representative sides then ignore it and fight it. That as a bowler doing that is there choice.

I can tell you all this much and that if you also think that TBA wont police this policy then we are very much mistaken, because a few people already have been noticed on the squad list of the 2006 CANBERRA SENIORS CUP and I know they will be contacted.

Until the ruling changes I know which way I will be going with this.

But that’s just my opinion as a bowler and site owner.

Dozza said:
When Jason originally posted he should have just posted the facts and not commented which upset many.

Sorry Doriana, ive got to disagree with you on this one.

Regardless of what title Jase holds, he is still entitled to his opinion, as this is an open forum. Yes it may have upset a few people, but 99% of opinions generally do.

Regards

Wow what a hot topic !! :eek:nfire:

Actually the first question that came to my mind is not a personally related one. The following weekend in Victoria is Country Cup. Out of the 11 teams competing, 3 are from unsanctioned centres. I think everybody knows the questions that have come to my mind. But basically what will happen to the tournament - will it still go ahead ? If one of these 3 centres win, what happens?

I am in the same situation as Grumpie, having paid my sanction first at Sale and then at Morwell only paying the LVTBA portion. If I can't bowl in for example the State Champs, etc. because of my decision, well I am prepared to give up the sport.

I am already disheartened. I waited and waited to turn 45 so I can bowl the seniors. We had already had accommodation organised etc to bowl in Canberra next weekend. Only to be told that now you have to be 50 !! Whilst I can understand the need for the age change, I am still disappointed.

So now if I am told that because I choose to bowl at Morwell also, I will not be allowed to bowl TBA accredited tournaments - well what's the point to it anymore.....................

Liz

:cry: :cry:

Jase said:
I not for once posted this to make a stir; i posted it because as a bowler also i wanted to know the consequences of bowling in an unregistered center. I think all bowlers have the right to know where they stand, as since posting this i now know that alot of bowlers myself included had no idea, as did some very high profiler bowlers have no clue. I have had a lot of great response regarding this post and feel its one of the best posts that has been on this site in a long time.
This site is the place people go to get information and the way I see this was valuable information.
As for me abusing my position even with the position I hold, if I didn’t hold the position I do, I still would of posted this on the site as a bowler, anyone could have it wasn’t very hard to do. I have not once said that i agree with the ruling i actually think that this is a very good example of maybe them adopting a new ruling of bowlers should have to be sanctioned to an association weather it be Tbaq (example) or others for that matter, as all this does is at the moment get alot of bowlers off side with center owners/manager in some of the bowls they bowl in.
Yes perhaps i pointed the finger; perhaps i didn’t depend on who you ask, but who else is to blame. A bowler can’t sanction a center nor can they enforce the owners/managers to do so. I mean honestly, i also have been informed that most of these centers have collected the sanction moneys from the bowlers all ready. So if this is true, (and like i said, i was told that this was the case, by someone in TBA), then if they cant afford the sanctioning then where has this money gone? I really don’t think its there’s to spend on anything other than the sanctioning. To me it’s a bit like when companies collect the GST, and then comes BAS time and they say sorry can’t pay it. At he end of the day they should have it and not have spent it else where as it wasn’t there’s to spend in the first place. Alot of companies have become collection agencies for the government. And yes this is a similar case I believe.
All I know is that AT THE MOMENT THE WAY THE RULING IS, if I was a bowler trying to represent my state I wouldn’t try and push the ruling. At the end of the day we as bowlers make our own decisions and if we want to risk being stripped of our ranking points or dropped of representative sides then ignore it and fight it. That as a bowler doing that is there choice.
I can tell you all this much and that if you also think that TBA wont police this policy then we are very much mistaken, because a few people already have been noticed on the squad list of the 2006 CANBERRA SENIORS CUP and I know they will be contacted.
Until the ruling changes I know which way I will be going with this.
But that’s just my opinion as a bowler and site owner.
there is a tornament called bowl sydney which is played every saturday in different centres, and there is a team that represents liverpool in div 2, so what happens when div 2 plays at liverpool one week, duz that mean the tornament is unregistered

terry penguin said:
there is a tornament called bowl sydney which is played every saturday in different centres, and there is a team that represents liverpool in div 2, so what happens when div 2 plays at liverpool one week, duz that mean the tornament is unregistered

Why don’t you do what alot of others have suggested and instead of asking questions on here, email or pick up the phone and ask TBA yourself, you will not get the answers to your questions here.

TBA have a policy about "NO POSTING ON THIS SITE" and yes i am in time trying to turn that around, so until then your questions will not be answered here. All I have done is just let the bowlers of Australia know the rules, I don’t set them nor do I reinforce them.

Now here is an updated list-

List of Unregistered Centres as at 4th March 2006

Manhattan Superbowl Liverpool New South Wales
Manhattan Superbowl Mascot New South Wales
Murwillumbah Tenpin Bowl Murwillumbah New South Wales
Salamander Superstrike Salamander Bay New South Wales
Wetherill Park Tenpin Bowl Wetherill Park New South Wales

Gladstone Bowl Gladstone Queensland
Gympie Tenpin Gympie Queensland
HyperBowl Loganholme Queensland
The Dogbowl Dalby Queensland

Bridge Bowl Murray Bridge South Australia

Memory Lanes (Heathways) Box Hill Victoria
Morwell Tenpins Morwell Victoria
Rosebud Tenpin Bowl Rosebud Victoria

Albany Tenpin Bowl Albany Western Australia
Geraldton Tenpin Bowl Geraldton Western Australia
Goldfields Tenpin Bowl Boulder Western Australia

Will keep you all posted

Jase said:
Why don’t you do what alot of others have suggested and instead of asking questions on here, email or pick up the phone and ask TBA yourself, you will not get the answers to your questions here.
TBA have a policy about "NO POSTING ON THIS SITE" and yes i am in time trying to turn that around, so until then your questions will not be answered here. All I have done is just let the bowlers of Australia know the rules, I don’t set them nor do I reinforce them.
Now here is an updated list-
List of Unregistered Centres as at 4th March 2006
Morwell Tenpins Morwell Victoria
Will keep you all posted
yeh alrite u don't have to get the s...s there is no need to bite my head off, i was only asking

terry penguin said:
yeh alrite u don't have to get the s...s there is no need to bite my head off, i was only asking

I don't think JASE is tring to bite your head off, I think that he might be a little peeved that people are biting his head off for doing what he thought/thinks is right, and in my personal opionion (not knowing JASE for a bar of soap) I think he did the right thing.

John Costantini
MTBA Director

Nighteyes300 said:
I don't think JASE is tring to bite your head off, I think that he might be a little peeved that people are biting his head off for doing what he thought/thinks is right, and in my personal opionion (not knowing JASE for a bar of soap) I think he did the right thing.
John Costantini
MTBA Director
i wasn't biting his head off, i was only asking and SORRY i didn't know if i could ask that question

terry penguin said:
i wasn't biting his head off, i was only asking and SORRY i didn't know if i could ask that question

Now you've got the answer - I would suggest you ring or email TBA and find out. In my opinion, it is not for Jase to do the running around to answer your or my questions but I think you will agree that if Jase had not started this thread you would be still happily sipping your drink without a care in the world. Now I believe you need to think over your position in that tournament. Jase doesn't make or administer TBA rules regarding the situation you find yourself in.

Again I repeat, thank you Jase for letting bowlers know of certain rules surrounding unregistered centres and their impact, or potential impact, on bowlers in this country.

I believe this post thread is one of the best information posts ever made on this forum. Thanks Jase.=D>

The TBA is made up of a lot of sincere well intentioned volunteers who put themselves in the firing line for criticism (about decisions) on a daily basis. They are no different to me and you, and it is an extremely difficult role they must fulfill. Their hands are often tied due to protocol and rulings from the ASC. It is a job I have never envied and am thankfull that some one else assists in.

There is a TBA AGM coming up very soon. Remember that the TBA is a bowlers' organisation NOT a proprietors (although they will always support the National Body- as they always have).

If you are all serious about having your say- get on the committee. That is where you can really be heard and find out why etc... certain things go certain ways.

Get behind your national body and participate as best you can. Alternatively, join your State body committee. It will be a stretch for some (in terms of time) but we shouldn't criticize until we know what they face.

Furthermore, if you know the TBA doesn't look at this site- write to them directly. All letters will then be tabled for discussion and addressed. Follow protocol and you can make a difference.

I have enjoyed this thread and the different views (although if you offer a different view you had better watch out)- and although the suggested profanity and being called a "W@nk#r" by Hammer wasn't nice, and perhaps should be curbed in the future. I know Graham would have discouraged it when he was in charge, but times are changing.

Edi

I have enjoyed this thread and the different views (although if you offer a different view you had better watch out)-

That is quote of the year...so far lol

Gary.................................

bowlrig said:
Hey Grumpie, Morwell has now been taken off of the "not registered" list.
Rob

Hi Rob,

Even though both Grumpie and myself have put a post up here, we still had spoken to Morwell and were aware of what was going to happen. Thanks for the update.

I am grateful that all this has been sorted out as the bowler in question has had a really really bad week with some terrible news and he was stressing out over this more than what he normally would have even though we assured him that he will be OK with his sanctioning.

And for my part, I am happy that it happened before Ccup !!

Liz

New updated List of Unregistered Centres as at 6th March 2006

Any bowler who continues to compete in league or tournament play in a centre which remains listed as unregistered will be ineligible to compete in any TBA Accredited event, represent their Region, State or Nation in any Regional, State or National teams event. High games will not be recognised, league games will not be accredited, TBA national ranking points allocated to any bowlers competing in the above centres will be removed and the Association servicing the centre will become liable for suspension.

Have spoken with Peter Coburn this morning, and he is yet to receive a phone call or email which I thought was quite strange considering all the posts that are here wanting so many answers.

Just wondering
What happens to those people and games bowled while the centre was unregistered? Do high games etc. now count for awards, are national ranking points restored, those bowlers who were told they were ineligible (Seniors) now able to play?

Roger

As I have said time and time again any questions that you have, please get in contact with TBA. It is ok to discuss the topic but asking questions here will get you no results.

You can contact Peter on the email address below.
[email protected]

:confused: :confused:
I find this all a bit confusing,
When one of the centres that is still to pay up, is one that is supposed to be holding the NSW championships.
How does that work???
If you cant represent your state because you bowl in an unsanctioned centre, then how is an unsanctioned centre able to hold the state championships???
I think the boys and girls at Manhattan need to pay some money!

Back
Top Bottom