From the TBA Website

Jase

Admin
Staff member
I was forwarded this information on the TBA website yesterday. I feel that every bowler in these named centers has the right to know that their proprietor is NOT supporting the sport of tenpin bowling and exactly what the consequences are.

This information was posted on the TBA website yesterday.

A List of Unregistered Centres as at 28th February 2006
Central Park Lanes, Foresters Beach, New South Wales (CLOSED)
Manhattan Super bowl, Liverpool, New South Wales
Manhattan Super bowl, Mascot, New South Wales
Mudgee Tenpin Bowl, Mudgee, New South Wales (CLOSED)
Murwillumbah Tenpin Bowl, Murwillumbah, New South Wales
Salamander Super strike, Salamander Bay, New South Wales
Wetherill Park Tenpin Bowl, Wetherill Park, New South Wales
Gladstone Bowl, Gladstone, Queensland
Gympie Tenpin, Gympie, Queensland
Hyper Bowl, Loganholme, Queensland
The Dog bowl, Dalby, Queensland
Bridge Bowl, Murray Bridge, South Australia
Burnie Tenpin Bowl, Cooee, Tasmania (CLOSED)
Ballarat Tenpin Bowl, Ballarat, Victoria
Memory Lanes (Heathway’s), Box Hill, Victoria
Morwell Tenpins, Morwell, Victoria
Rosebud Tenpin Bowl, Rosebud, Victoria
Star Bowl, Shepparton, Victoria
Albany Tenpin Bowl, Albany, Western Australia
Geraldton Tenpin Bowl, Geraldton, Western Australia
Goldfields Tenpin Bowl, Boulder, Western Australia

Any bowler who competes in a league or tournament in a centre listed as unregistered will be ineligible to compete in any TBA Accredited event, represent their Region, State or Nation in any Regional, State or National teams event. High games will not be recognized, league games will not be accredited, removal of TBA national ranking points allocated to any bowlers competing in the above Centres, suspension of the association servicing the centre, bowlers become ineligible for regional, state and national team selection.

Jase,

your accusation could be deemed slanderous by some. Perhaps you should do the right thing and not abuse your position on this site by making these comments. I liken your comments to many of the tabloids that don't bother to find out the facts of a story. If it is of concern to you, just call the centres concerned and ask what the situation is and if they intend to register as you would like to publicly inform all bowlers of the facts. There may be a logical explanation as to why they have not chosen to pay, or maybe they are still trying to work out which payment will best suit their centres, or maybe they are collecting fees from members which will be forwarded on. Alternatively, their bowlers may have chosen not to pay registration fees which takes it out of the control of the managers/owners. I am not saying that any of these are the case, but to blame proprietors without basing your comments on fact is unfair.

Perhaps the proprietors should start a deregistered bowlers site for bowlers who don't pay entry fees etc... or who abscond with prize funds. As proprietors we have to put up with "worst centres" 'worst staff' "worst lanes" believe me, most of us always try and do the right thing and most of us have our hearts in the right place. But then again a posting of that nature won't fix problems it will only cause further divisions. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Give people the benefit of the doubt and time to respond to the TBA posting. Remove your post until you find out the facts.

Edi De Pellegrin
Werribee Superbowl

Definitely not shooting the messenger.

The TBA website doesn't say that the prorietors are to blame and Jase does.

The Total bowling website has always been a great source of information for bowlers and he should continue trying to report the truth and not innuendo. He may be right about the propreitors, but he may not - but has he bothered to find out? He should try and find out the facts before he allocates blame. It would be the right thing to do before making your own assumptions.

Edi

Thumbs Up to our new Administrator, Jase who got the balls and Courage to voice out his CONCERN for his fellow bowlers =D> =D> We are with you on this one Jase.

Werribee said:
Jase,
your accusation could be deemed slanderous by some. Perhaps you should do the right thing and not abuse your position on this site by making these comments.
Edi De Pellegrin
Werribee Superbowl

How has he abused his Position?????????
Jase is just stateing facts, as posted on the TBA website. Jase is just informing people of the consequences of bowling in a unregisted centre. Its good that its now on Total Bowling, so more people will find out, which centres to bowl at. Thats why Total Bowling was made, to inform people about the sport we love so much, Isn't it Edi:rolleyes:

Werribee said:

Can you enlighten us to where Jase has blamed the proprietors of the centres. All i can see in his post is list of the centres and the list of things that bowlers are ineligible for if they happen to bowl in one of the centres.

I cant see where hes blamed anyone hes just informed us.

Jase keep up the good work.
Bowlers need to know if there center is registered.

Edi don't have a go at Jase for passing on good information, Werribee Superbowl is not on the list;)

Frosty:rolleyes:

I agree that totalbowling has been a very worthwhile source of information and did state that in my first posting on this thread.

But listen to what I am saying.... Couldn't some one have called the centres to find out what is going on instead of just saying that the proprietors of the listed centres are not supporting this industry. Give them the right of reply. Don't assume that they don't want to support the industry. Most proprietors will tell you that they got into this business purely because they love it. (The enthusiasm is sucked out of them quite quickly LOL)

Should we start a deregistered bowlers site? That information is always kept confidential. I too love this industry and have the balls to speak out, but would never perform this sort of witch hunt.

Would you like it if you sincerely forgot to do something, had your mistake advertised for all to see, and then you were protrayed as a villian? All for an honest mistake! And especially since you have supported the industry for man, many years!

Jase stated that the proprietors of the mentioned centres are not supporting the industry. This is complete and utter rubbish. Ask the TBA about the many times over the last 6 years that the centres have assisted when they have been in financial strife. It would have been very easy to walk away and leave them to sink at that time. The proprietors have assisted quietly and with no expectation- all for the love of the industry. Those listed proprietors were also instrumental in assisting at that time.

I am quite passionate about this issue as I have been a director of the Tenpin Bowling Trust and know the countless hours of voluntary work (with most at their own expense for travel interstate) that individuals have put in to ensure that the TBA survives.

Give people the benefit of the doubt, a simple phone call would have been all it took. I have spoken to 2 people on that list and their cheques are being sent as we speak. It was just an oversight that it hadn't already been sent. Let's look for the good in people until we can legitimately see the bad.

Edi

AAHHH

Seems that Jase has edited his original post. I thought that may happen and printed off a copy for my own records. Seems I was right in the abuse of his position!

Edi

andrewbc said:
Can you enlighten us to where Jase has blamed the proprietors of the centres. All i can see in his post is list of the centres and the list of things that bowlers are ineligible for if they happen to bowl in one of the centres.
I cant see where hes blamed anyone hes just informed us.

andrew this is because jase has obviously had some after thought and decided to edit his post to take the comments out. the state comments were at the top of his post.

So yes before having a go at Werribee jase did say those exact words.

:)

Werribee said:
I agree that totalbowling has been a very worthwhile source of information and did state that in my first posting on this thread.
But listen to what I am saying.... Couldn't some one have called the centres to find out what is going on instead of just saying that the proprietors of the listed centres are not supporting this industry. Give them the right of reply. Don't assume that they don't want to support the industry.
Edi

Just how much time do they need Edi to get registered. Its now March, surely that enough time. Loganhome, isnt that an AMF centre now. Surely Dufus could shed some light on why there not registered. I would say there in the middle of doing that as we speak, I could be wrong. They had there chance to get registered, they didnt, so pay the price. Too bad so sad

I think that if Jase wants to offer his opinion, he should be entitled to it just like everyone else. Regardless of what position he holds within the industry, he is also a bowler, and has the right to his say.

I dont know about anyone else, but im glad to know the centres I can't bowl in, as I love bowling TBA accredited events.

Thanks for the update Jase

Buzzer said:
alex,
i think the box hill one is the old squash bowl. there still open aren't they.
I won't worry about them being unregistered Mark..lol they are more for Party Bowlers ;) Anyway they are called Healthways..and yeap they are still open :D

Werribee said:
Definitely not shooting the messenger.
The Total bowling website has always been a great source of information for bowlers and he should continue trying to report the truth and not innuendo. He may be right about the propreitors, but he may not - but has he bothered to find out? He should try and find out the facts before he allocates blame. It would be the right thing to do before making your own assumptions.
Edi

Edi,

Perhaps your right, perhaps i was wrong in making assumptions about the proprietors being the blame. I have edited my first post slightly and in no means meant to offend.

All i was stating is that it’s up to proprietors to make sure that they would support the sanctioning of there centers. As bowlers, they can’t sanction it for them, no owner nor manager would be told by a bowler to sanction there centre or else. It really comes down to the centre managers and owners to get it done... I don’t think that it is up to me to ring every centre that is in question to find out why; I just felt it was up to me to let the bowlers of Australia know that as of that date supplied, if they are in leagues or tournaments in these centers they are at risk until the centre sanctions

My point being if a bowler was to throw his first 300 or any 300 for that matter it wouldn’t be recognized. What if there are bowlers trying to represent there state and bowl in these centers...

Total bowling website has always been a great source of information for bowlers and always will be

This information was passed on to me by TBA. I don’t think its there’s nor my responsibility to ring centers.

May i ask have you actualy email Peter Coburn regarding this as well?

That's a nice comment to make (W@nk#r). I don't know Jase to even form an opinion of him. I am just airing my views too.

Hammer, I am not saying anyone is right or wrong. Just give people a go and approach them nicely. We all make mistakes and should be given an opportunity to rectify them quietly.

Edi

Back
Top Bottom