What is the highest average in your centre?

Martin Tobing has the highest average at Manhattan Superbowl Mascot with 208 in the Wednesday League, League of Nations. Wasnt long ago Martin rolled 299. Not bad for old timber lanes...

At Coolangatta Tweed our highest ave is held by Ben Allen and Ben Fairbank with a 226 ave each in our wed night trio league.

Well matt hasn't bowled league there in almost 18 months.

Well blame the bowl on that one. I specifically asked them to look up and while I was waiting that is what they told me. I myself had not heard of a Matt Watson bowling at Chadstone but since they looked it up on the system I assumed it was correct.

In Rockhampton it is Dale Warren on 215 (over a full 40 week season - anyone that knows Rocky lanes, will realise that is a pretty fair effort).

Then followed my Mick Wooler 205 and me on 202.

Since we're halfway through 2008 already, I would venture to guess that every bowl has a number of higher average bowlers with averages spanning 42+ games. These are the averages I want to read about.

Strathpine bowls highest average at present is 225ish last time i checked which was 2 weeks ago, and that was Gary Negus, then Mick Martin on 206, big gap there lol, they are the only 2 over 200, alot of high 190 averages though.

Albury has Marin Ticaci with a 206 average and next down from that is Mathew Chettleburgh with a 204. I think they are correct and thats over roughly 60 or so games.

Strathpine bowls highest average at present is 225ish last time i checked which was 2 weeks ago, and that was Gary Negus, then Mick Martin on 206, big gap there lol, they are the only 2 over 200, alot of high 190 averages though.

My average has collapsed since then. 6 weeks with ZERO backend reaction followed by 2 weeks Sahara Desert style before recovering last week will do that. HAHA. Was enjoying holding that average for 6 months.........

yea i realised after i posted that it could of dropped, the lanes were terrible for a while i agree, although honestly i couldnt complain on the left hand side, it seemed to be more for the righties, i had no trouble hooking the ball in over those 6 weeks. probably cuz of less traffic on LHS i feel.

yea i realised after i posted that it could of dropped, the lanes were terrible for a while i agree, although honestly i couldnt complain on the left hand side, it seemed to be more for the righties, i had no trouble hooking the ball in over those 6 weeks. probably cuz of less traffic on LHS i feel.

That is what is was. The oil was so thick it was carrying down so much they were nearly impossible to play on from the side. Wouldn't have mattered if I used my plastic, Cell, Smoking, house ball or a basketball!! haha All I can say is thank god they fixed the problem.

Adam - 191 - Melton (still wooden lanes).

This guy also averages approx 220 - 230 at other centres.

I have been told that anything over 185 at Melton is quite good. I think the lanes are about 6 years old since their last sand.

Gawd thats when i was there 6 yrs back, shot 200 for a yr there on everything you could think of in 2001(dry, slime, walls and dry slimy walls!!) Very proud of that yr :D

Think George at Logan City wound up on just over 230, and my av in the words of Foul Bachelor Frog was 'blast it with piss' :p

mines 189 at the moment but ive been only bowling reactive about 1yr 2 months before that 1-2 months strieght bowler and before that 6 yrs before that i bowled but gave it up only bowled for about 3 months then so i think im doing good for how long and all.

Andrew Thorpe currently at 232 ave after 51 games at Boronia.
Steve Eeles at 228, Troy Gaylard at 226.

Regards,

Darren.

Justin Hromek at 242 Thunderbird Bowl, Wichita. Followed by Derek Hartnell at 241, and then Rick Steelsmith at 239.

Derek and Justin are on the same team. It's a fun league that one.

Cow

Back
Top Bottom