Whats your League Handicapping System?

MinusZero

>LOAD "Something",8,1
In my centre we use a 100% handicap system, which as i have read in other forums is very much an uncommon system.

In my view its not good for high average bowlers. In the past it was an 80% system, which was perhaps too much of an advantage to the high bowler.

Perhaps its just me but i find most high average bowlers in my leagues only bowl at most often about 20-30 over average, which becomes difficult against a low average bowler who flukes a few strikes.

I see it like there is much further down for a high average bowler to go and its harder to go much further up in scores than down.

I constantly bowl well and get beaten which is really frustrating. Admittedly my average is not overly high at 178, but its in about the top 3 in my centre. recently i bowled about 20 over average and lost by 60! I know a different system wouldnt have made me win. but i would have been closer for my team.

Does anyone else use 100% If so whats your thoughts?

100% of 220 for both Centre & Sponsors League's.
Seems to work pretty well I think, gives your lower average players a chance to compete against the higher average player.

Sometimes it makes you work harder for your points being the higher average player, but in a lot of cases it was a higher average bowler winning High Individual Points anyway, so it's always a good challenge.

Once bowled in a league that 100% of 180.....LOL - I never stood a chance :lol:

We use 100% of 200 for all of our new leagues and junior leagues because it is relatively fair for new bowlers.

All of our other leagues generally choose their own system, 90% of 200 is about the most popular in the Centre.

I'm told, although I need to confirm the numbers, that the only way to have an entirely fair handicapping system is to use 100% of 216. I'm pretty sure its 216, but either way, its been "mathematically proven."

Cheers
D

yeah i agree with u tiger :wink: we have a pretty high avged league on our thur nite league and me with the lowest avg lol we use a 100% of 220 and it seems to work well

and my tue nite league at greenslopes i think we use 90% of 200

80% of 220 in my adult league. Heres a strange one. My junior league- 100% of 200 for averages below 165 and 80% of 200 for averages above 165. This makes it even easier for the lower average bowlers to win against the higher average bowlers. If I had known this system was going to be used before i started, i wouldnt have started. Not a fair system at all.

Later Da Cowman!

androooo said:
Think you will find that they are both 90% of 220

90% now is it?....ahh ok, dunno they've changed 'em that many times in recent years its hard to keep track.

But the point remains the same, it still enables the lower average player to compete on a reasonably even footing with the higher average player for points.

Just to clarify, we use 100% of 200. i would like to see 90% but apparently its a centre rule and isnt set by leagues, which i dont like. I think individual leagues should have the choice as they should

MinusZero said:
Just to clarify, we use 100% of 200. i would like to see 90% but apparently its a centre rule and isnt set by leagues, which i dont like. I think individual leagues should have the choice as they should

Any league should have their own choice, provided they are an independent league. Centre-run leagues shouldn't really have the choice but certainly if the league has a Pres, Vp etc then the AGM is where this is decided.

i know, but the centre owner decided that all leagues would use 100% of 200. It is a sanctioned centre and league with a pres, vice pres etc

i dont think it will change so i will just have to put up with it...or ask for a scratch league hehehe, though there would be even less chance of that i think

Back
Top Bottom