walter de veer funk up

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was no two days of arguing but the truth will not come out as there is no proof of any sandbagging found and mistakes do happen is the only answer we get. hope tba investigation comes up why rules changed after 2 days of bowling as agreement on rules specified to us after checkin on day one these couldnt be done by committee in place as a blind eye was taken.

lil kate said:
good idea. :)
at least this person agrees an outsider looking into the events of the weekend is justified hope we do get appologies if required.

What need's to happen is every one has thier say:D .
No censorship............. ok Jase................:)

Gary said:
What need's to happen is every one has thier say:D .
No censorship............. ok Jase................:)

Does this post even concern you or do you just enjoy reading about controversy.

Gary lets get a couple of things straight, i for one enjoy reading all posts on Total bowling and yes only discuss the topic at hand, and if people cant continue to do it by the rules then yes we as moderators will close that thread again. At the moment if the sandbagging accusations and insults continue this time i will close it and GARY if you don’t like those rules then perhaps find another site that you can read about or participate in insulting people on a national forum.
Now that i have cleared that up you can all talk about the topic at hand and if it’s heading no where like last time, then i am sure as Andrew like he did before will close the thread.

If then and only then, someone decides to start another one on the same topic then perhaps they can have a Total bowling holiday.

Now that i made my self clear you guys can keep on discussing the topic as you have.

To Johno and Kuniva ....

Some advice.

If you have a complaint, put it in writing and send it to the relevant board. That way, it's official. At the very least, you should get an explanation.

After trying to understand what the hell is going on reading the first 2 pages, I have decided Tasmanians DO speak in an entirely different language to normal people ;)

I think the issue is something about sandbagging? Am I far off? :cool:

Tonx ..

It sounds to me like the Tassie De Veer trials were run the way that the De Veer competiton is going to run this year (ie .. averages are regraded daily) and some people didn't like it.

i wasnt going to post in this discussion but i want to voice my opinion, i have known the two people for quite a long time now that are accused of sandbagging,and i must admit i am quite upset at them both being called sandbaggers.granted one of the two i dont know as well as the other but i have bowled with and against them long enough to know that they would NEVER sandbag at all.they like everyone else have their on and off days you cant beat down on some one for that reason can you? lets put it this way two seasons ago i averaged 228 for the first four weeks of league then when i started to make mistakes and wasnt playing the lanes properly i dropped down to barely hold a 190 ave.does that make me a sand bagger? no it doesnt it just means i had a great run for four weeks and being at the start of season gave a false reading to my average.now this applies to the two people in question,they bowled in two hard centres and two they arent very familiar with so consequently they had two bad days of bowling.then when they got home centre advantage they we able to bowl better due to them being alot more comfortable with their surroundings.both have great heart for the game and if you think they are sandbaggers then you are very sadly mistaken.feel free to talk to me in person if you dont like anything ive said,ive got no hassles in talking face to face to anyone about the matter.

jason

i agree with you griggsy about what you said about having off days. i now i bowled crap in the last two days of der ver tryouts because i haven't bowled in hobart as much as what i had in dev and launie.

we weren't complaing about the averages being changed everyday because we knew that i was spose to happen. what we were not happy about was the fact that the handicap system changed 3 times in 3 days instead of being kept the same. even if they did do it wrong, they should have kept it the same and not changed a thing. or they should have restarted it so that everyone had to start again.

ok, similar to Jayson, I was going to stay out of this ... but here goes ....

i dont have much to say about anything that has been said etc, or accusations of sanbagging etc.

what i will say that if people were clearer on what there actually gripe is, then the poeple you are 'arguing' with would understand better, but not only that, everyone else from Tassie and the mainland would actually understand what all the fuss is aboutwhen reading the topic!

my point is, ive had read this thread and the previous one droo blocked .... and i couldnt tell you how many times i have read that the handicap system changed 3 times in 3 days ...... what i havent read is clearly how the system changed and how it effected people ..... if that could be explained maybe everyone would understand a little more what the issues were????

thats it for now .....

johno999 said:
I didnt say players were sandbagging but the tournament organisors who your dad was part af knew before a ball was bowled of canges made were wrong and we should have been able to drop out with a full refund as the rules changed .or notify all bowlers in writing before weekend no.2

M8 make sure you have the facts right before using my name

1st I am in the WDV commitee and not in the tournament organizers and
2nd I did find out for the changes 5min before you did and
3rd I don't give a S...T if you believe me or not

storm we raised the issue on day one and were told averages and handicapp would only change if ave went up above our entry ave. to this we agreed as this would not affect those who diddn"t bowl their entry ave. we all agreed but after two days in those who didnt bowl near ave got a better deal than those who tried hard to bowl averages and bowl above average. I was graetly effected by rule change when approached committee told nothing could be done so the only other way is to get independent investigation to which by other legal advice should change out come of the event. I will take threats of being barred from bowling above TBA if thats the outcome as the whole thing was misled from day1 and should have restarted after two days.

Storm said:
M8 make sure you have the facts right before using my name

1st I am in the WDV commitee and not in the tournament organizers and
2nd I did find out for the changes 5min before you did and
3rd I don't give a S...T if you believe me or not

as per this message you do agree you are on committee so why at Devonport when asked about the final ruling where everyones ave changed after each day did yourself panic and ring other committe members.to which we were told only change if bowl games was above entry ave. and if you didnt bowl ave your handicapp didnt change.this was good as only a couple bowled above ave.and you state like rest of wdv committee you dont give a s...t so why be on committee if you dont

From what i have heard johno you are just peeved off because your aim for the tournament was 1 to make the team and if you did not succeed then your aim was to beat joseph. i think you failed both

oaky said:
From what i have heard johno you are just peeved off because your aim for the tournament was 1 to make the team and if you did not succeed then your aim was to beat joseph. i think you failed both
i dont care about making a team on fair grounds but when you get people changing rules during comp to advantage bowlers like joseph then wheres the fairness joseph to himself bowled under his entering ave all tournament he benifited by rule change.handicapp plus average made comp but even if joseph bet me he still didnt make team! we cant all be like yourself and get proffesional coaching .at least i can say i bowled in the tournament that was a fast and mamipulated to benifit bad bowling.

Ok, I've had enough.

Endless rambling about crap gets very old, very quick.

Anyone that brings this topic back up, will be dealt with a banning.

TOPIC LOCKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom