Two Handed and One Handed Deliveries

So tell me guys i'm only bowling the one league this year bowling 2 handed. My avg atm is around 160. Now that I only bowl that one league this would count as my right handed avg. Now tell me I can old 200 avg + is most events I bowl in just right handed. To me this is neally almost like sandbaging surely I wouldn't be allowed to use this avg in a handicap event? I would feel like I'm cheating.

Substitute "2-handed" bowling with anything else of your choice and see just how silly you sound.

For example:

So tell me guys, I'm only bowling the one league this year bowling with a back-up ball. My avg atm is around 160. Now that I only bowl that one league this would count as my right handed avg. Now tell me I can hold a 200 avg + in most events I bowl in using a normal hook ball. To me this is neally almost like sandbaging surely I wouldn't be allowed to use this avg in a handicap event? I would feel like I'm cheating

So tell me guys, I'm only bowling the one league this year bowling over 7th arrow. My avg atm is around 160. Now that I only bowl that one league this would count as my right handed avg. Now tell me I can hold a 200 avg + in most events I bowl in using the 2nd arrow. To me this is neally almost like sandbaging surely I wouldn't be allowed to use this avg in a handicap event? I would feel like I'm cheating

So tell me guys, I'm only bowling the one league this year lofting it 30 feet. My avg atm is around 160. Now that I only bowl that one league this would count as my right handed avg. Now tell me I can hold a 200 avg + in most events I bowl in using my normal lay down. To me this is neally almost like sandbaging surely I wouldn't be allowed to use this avg in a handicap event? I would feel like I'm cheating

Why should 2-handed bowling be considered any more controversial than any of these other situations?

In the end, it comes down to using techniques which match the lane conditions in order to bowl the best scores that you can. 2-handed bowling is simply another technique which you can use to get higher scores. If you haven't mastered it yet and you get lower scores than you usually do then it's no different to using any other technique which you may not have mastered yet, such as lofting.

Those who use such techniques do so because that is what allows them to score their best on the given conditions.

Well said. And I see what your saying some very good points.

To your question

Why should 2-handed bowling be considered any more controversial than any of these other situations?

Best answer I give is with all those statements I would still be letting go off the ball with the same gear with my right hand only on the ball. Too change to my two handed style is to change the gear that is drilled to suit my two handed stlye to me it feels no different then to change from right hand to left. I don't know the answer too it just though I would have say.

Back
Top Bottom