Target practice

Crawf

Doin' the Mess Around!
After a 7 week break from bowling, i'm having a lot of trouble hitting my targets. Does anyone know of any effective practice techniques to help regain my accuracy?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Crawf,

Check your alignment in your address of your feet and where the ball is pointing. Check also that your pushaway and first step are also properly aligned to your reference point on the lane. If all those are aligned properly (and you will need someone watching you to confirm that), then it is probably a timing issue, and not knowing your game, I would not be able to comment, ither than to say check your pushaway and pushaway step (1st for 4 step, 2nd for 5 step) are in cadence, ie: they start together, finish together, are the same length, same speed and same rythm.

Hope this helps

Target practise

Crawf

Brentons suggestions are excellent - you may well wish to understand why you do not hit your target.

Check the cause:

Pushing or pulling the ball in the swing?
Falling off balance at the foul line?
Sighting problems?
Hand and grip problems in the ball?
NOt releasing at the same point in your swing each time?
Walk direction not parallel to your swing?

Most people can check off a few of these - work on the cause - and you know I am going to get you to find a coach to monitor your progress.

This list also will become a technique check list of things to monitor in your game.

Best of bowling
Gail TOrrens

Thanks Brenton and Gail. I've been getting some coaching recently, and finally starting to feel the rhythm again. Timing and release have been my biggest issues. I was also instructed to start using a wrist guard, nothing expensive, only a basic model. And it has really complemented my game nicely! It's feels like i've been missing one of these for way too long! Anyway, thankyou for all your helpful suggestions once again!

Back
Top Bottom