Accuracy Training

Toon

OWN IT!
Since being back I have made big changes in how i do everything to do with bowling. One thing I failed at years ago. Was practicing. I used to go and just bowl a bunch of games. Not having actual aims and goals for training.

My accuracy is better now than it has ever been before.

I have been just putting lanes on, no games.
Picking 10 separate lines, each line I need to hit 10 times to move on to the next.

For example, my normal shot I throw 15 -5. So I will hit that line 10 times then move to another. 10 - 5 for ten shots. and so on. Don't worry about scores or how many strikes you get. Hitting those 2 boards is what matters.

I have been doing this for about 5 games worth of shots each week and my game has improved dramatically.

Accuracy has improved and it gives me practice shooting a shopping list of different lines.

Does anyone else have specific drills to work on accuracy?

Feel free to post tips for other bowlers in this thread.

Become friends with your local manager/head tech. Get permission to put little cones or something on the lane at the arrows and use them for drills. I used to use those suction cup sticks from kids guns, spaced 4 boards either side of my target board gives enough room for +-1 board margin of error.

If you get little folded up bit of electrical tape, you can stick those down, right on top of your target ball & watch if your ball rolss over it....

G'Day Toon,

This was raised a few months back. Jim Cross had an interesting one were hey would roll out a thin piece of play-dough or similar over his arrow and bowl at it.

Another person mentioned a sheet of carbon paper over an a4 sheet stuck down at your target, then check the splay pattern after.

As a kid Dad made up a thin approach and lane to the arrows and I was forced to practice on it. These days my approach rarely wonders more than a board, and still can't hit the side of a barn eyes opened or closed.

Back
Top Bottom