Consistancy

A

Ashes

I know that in all games, consistancy is a must. But is there any secrets to keeping consistant in your release and swing? about 30% are off target. I either cross my body sending it over the 3rd arrow (I aim for second) or at least sending it over between second and third, or i send it over first. right handed by teh way. Is tehre anything i can do to make sure i always hit my mark, at teh same speed with teh same release?

I know watching my mark instead of teh pins work. And slowing everything down....anything else but practice?

I know that in all games, consistancy is a must. But is there any secrets to keeping consistant in your release and swing? about 30% are off target. I either cross my body sending it over the 3rd arrow (I aim for second) or at least sending it over between second and third, or i send it over first. right handed by teh way. Is tehre anything i can do to make sure i always hit my mark, at teh same speed with teh same release?

I know watching my mark instead of teh pins work. And slowing everything down....anything else but practice?

Hi
I bet you do not watch your target EVERY shot. With permission from your Bowling Centre Management pick the last lane in the bowl, wipe the oil off the lane between 7 board and 17 board. Then with a piece of white electrical tape stick about 10 inches of tape to the lane between 7 and 17 board at about the arrows.

Make sure your warmed up on the lane beside you. Then throw one game on your new lane over ten board.

There will be 10 marks on the tape where the ball hit the tape. Count your accuracy. Mark each mark with a red biro and a cross. Go do it again count your errors.

Bowl NO SPARES. You will be surprised.

Hi
I bet you do not watch your target EVERY shot. With permission from your Bowling Centre Management pick the last lane in the bowl, wipe the oil off the lane between 7 board and 17 board. Then with a piece of white electrical tape stick about 10 inches of tape to the lane between 7 and 17 board at about the arrows.

Make sure your warmed up on the lane beside you. Then throw one game on your new lane over ten board.

There will be 10 marks on the tape where the ball hit the tape. Count your accuracy. Mark each mark with a red biro and a cross. Go do it again count your errors.

Bowl NO SPARES. You will be surprised.

So in other words practice and make sure i hit my spot. OK, that helps the aim....any ideas about speed and my hand?

I hit the below game after posting the first post....so i have changed a few things to account for the fixes....

So in other words practice and make sure i hit my spot. OK, that helps the aim....any ideas about speed and my hand?

I hit the below game after posting the first post....so i have changed a few things to account for the fixes....

sorry, not that its a good idea, but our alley is quite stingy....so its hard to get to do that, but basically all your sayin in that i have to practice hittin my mark....can be done without tape. Thanks for your help though!

sorry, not that its a good idea, but our alley is quite stingy....so its hard to get to do that, but basically all your sayin in that i have to practice hittin my mark....can be done without tape. Thanks for your help though!

Go to the centre close to the end of the days play. Tee it up with the centre management, and rub the oil off in that spot with the same lane wash that they use to clean the lanes. Explain what you are doing, show them the emails.

There is no other method that will GRAPHICALLY show you how good you. I am sure that centre management will support you. After all its the answer that you want.

When you have this answer the rest will become clearer.

Follow the instructions as set out.

What is stingy?

Guys,

I am finding this really interesting as I have much the same problem as Ash. I am a female bowler averaging around 170-175 in league and have fairly much worked my game out but it is actually consistantly hitting my target that has been a problem. Basically I guess it is just getting that consistant shot to ensure a nice pocket hit.
Would a largish (say A3) piece of paper taped to the lane near the arrows perform the same function as the tape?

hey guys, well in my opinion the way i got over my major inconsistancy was as i got up on the approach i told my self out loud what i had to do, and then i took two dep breaths and told myself again what to do then just forced myself to keep my eyes focused on that mark and make sure my hand followed through the shot till i touch my shoulder. i used to have a huge consistancy problem, i still kinda do but since i have been doing this method for the last month i have been aving anywhere on a night between 180- 200 which is good for me being only a 179 ave. hope these very minor things help some one in some way.
peace

Go to the centre close to the end of the days play. Tee it up with the centre management, and rub the oil off in that spot with the same lane wash that they use to clean the lanes. Explain what you are doing, show them the emails.

There is no other method that will GRAPHICALLY show you how good you. I am sure that centre management will support you. After all its the answer that you want.

When you have this answer the rest will become clearer.

Follow the instructions as set out.

What is stingy?

Guys,

I am finding this really interesting as I have much the same problem as Ash. I am a female bowler averaging around 170-175 in league and have fairly much worked my game out but it is actually consistantly hitting my target that has been a problem. Basically I guess it is just getting that consistant shot to ensure a nice pocket hit.
Would a largish (say A3) piece of paper taped to the lane near the arrows perform the same function as the tape?

hey guys, well in my opinion the way i got over my major inconsistancy was as i got up on the approach i told my self out loud what i had to do, and then i took two dep breaths and told myself again what to do then just forced myself to keep my eyes focused on that mark and make sure my hand followed through the shot till i touch my shoulder. i used to have a huge consistancy problem, i still kinda do but since i have been doing this method for the last month i have been aving anywhere on a night between 180- 200 which is good for me being only a 179 ave. hope these very minor things help some one in some way.
peace

The key to consistancy is balance at the foul line at release. You must finish the same every time.
The key to finishing the same every time is rhythm.
The key to rhythm is timing.
If your timing alters,your arm will come through slightly ahead or slightly behind where your sliding foot is,at the time of your release. This will put the ball either right or left of your target,as the weight of the ball [swinging] will pivot either you or your arm [depending on your build or the weight of the ball,and the speed of your delivery] either to the right or the left.
Practice getting your takeaway absolutely consistent [invent some kind of drill or count for yourself],because ,generally speaking,if your takeaway is right,the rest of your approach is right,therefore you finish right ---- then hitting your mark is a piece of cake.

The key to consistancy is balance at the foul line at release. You must finish the same every time.
The key to finishing the same every time is rhythm.
The key to rhythm is timing.
If your timing alters,your arm will come through slightly ahead or slightly behind where your sliding foot is,at the time of your release. This will put the ball either right or left of your target,as the weight of the ball [swinging] will pivot either you or your arm [depending on your build or the weight of the ball,and the speed of your delivery] either to the right or the left.
Practice getting your takeaway absolutely consistent [invent some kind of drill or count for yourself],because ,generally speaking,if your takeaway is right,the rest of your approach is right,therefore you finish right ---- then hitting your mark is a piece of cake.

Hmmm, well, looks like consistancy is something that holds back a 200 average! I have an average of 178 so 3 people so far with teh same problem at 170's is quite funny.

I know concentration is a must in consistancy, but lately, in teh late 2 weeks actually, the first week, over 6 games, my consistancy was real bad. Throwin games from 140 to 170 and even then, bowling well under average. Then one night at league, the week after my bad efforts at teh game, i took a different approach. Relax and DON'T consentrate so much to the point that your monitoring every singe movement. All i did was watch my spot and let my body do the rest, since i've been doin the same action for 2 years now, it should be just a normal thing. Anyway, i did and i hit 238. My ball just flew down the lane exactly how i picture it. I got unlucky some times with the damn 10 pin, and sometimes i miss that, but not often. Anyways, i continued on that for teh rest of teh night, problem was, i was getting tired due to the fact that i was so relaxed that my arm started to ache because i was just lettin it hang. So last weekend, i paid for 10 games to work on it. I ended up bowling the 10 games, 4 200's 1 180 game, then 5 others under average....my last game was a 138 because i had sore fingers from bowling for 2 hours non stop. but my arm felt fine, my finger tips surprisingly sore, which means that i was lifting correctly. The only thing now is the fact that i grip teh ball with my thumb....and after the ten games, i lost feeling in my thumb because i cut off nerves and cerculation in my thumb....which is a problem i know, but it is not effecting my game at all. It gives me more control i believe. So with everyones help and a bit of my own trial and error...i now bowl a nice consistant ball....when my mind is on the job.

Hope this helps anyone else with teh same problem.

Hmmm, well, looks like consistancy is something that holds back a 200 average! I have an average of 178 so 3 people so far with teh same problem at 170's is quite funny.

I know concentration is a must in consistancy, but lately, in teh late 2 weeks actually, the first week, over 6 games, my consistancy was real bad. Throwin games from 140 to 170 and even then, bowling well under average. Then one night at league, the week after my bad efforts at teh game, i took a different approach. Relax and DON'T consentrate so much to the point that your monitoring every singe movement. All i did was watch my spot and let my body do the rest, since i've been doin the same action for 2 years now, it should be just a normal thing. Anyway, i did and i hit 238. My ball just flew down the lane exactly how i picture it. I got unlucky some times with the damn 10 pin, and sometimes i miss that, but not often. Anyways, i continued on that for teh rest of teh night, problem was, i was getting tired due to the fact that i was so relaxed that my arm started to ache because i was just lettin it hang. So last weekend, i paid for 10 games to work on it. I ended up bowling the 10 games, 4 200's 1 180 game, then 5 others under average....my last game was a 138 because i had sore fingers from bowling for 2 hours non stop. but my arm felt fine, my finger tips surprisingly sore, which means that i was lifting correctly. The only thing now is the fact that i grip teh ball with my thumb....and after the ten games, i lost feeling in my thumb because i cut off nerves and cerculation in my thumb....which is a problem i know, but it is not effecting my game at all. It gives me more control i believe. So with everyones help and a bit of my own trial and error...i now bowl a nice consistant ball....when my mind is on the job.

Hope this helps anyone else with teh same problem.

Back
Top Bottom