Timing and Release troubles

Trent083

I recently started bowling again (with a brunswick targetzone) after a 5 year absence from the game, I am having a fair bit of trouble with my release, since the new ball came into the equation, ive had games as high as 223 and as low as 98, but everytime, for some reason, after I bowl what I consider to be a decent game for me, I lose the plot, ive had a few of the local older bowlers tell me that my release/timing are all wrong.

Basically what I do is start of at the second line (i cant remember what anything is called after all this time) using a four step release, I hold the ball chest height, with my index and pinky fingers facing as straight as possible( !..! ).

Not sure if im not following through enough, but have found that as the time goes on in the round, I find myself walking off balance in the startup, this tends to make me try and over correct myself, usually when this happens, I do one of two things, i.e not following through, lifting my head and eyes of my target.

I am not a reactive style bowler, im more of a traditional straight bowler, is there any tips you can give me to help me combat these weaknesses?

Timing and Release Problems

The best advice is to get a coach to watch you.

You have bowled well so I feel your problem is more repetitive timing and just consistent basics are required. My advice to you is keep your game simple. Know why you bowl well and work on your assets.

Your description of your approach leads me to beleive you have balance problems and this is caused by pushing the ball - you will need to swing the ball without pushing to maintain balance.

Difficult to assess anything but I hope this will help you - Go get a coach.
Hope you succeed in bowling and more importantly have a great time doing it.

Gail Torrens

Back
Top Bottom