Is it time to replace my ball?

Trent083

Well the weekend was a steep learning curve for me to say the least.

I bowl in Lismore of a thursday night, and, with the style I have (starting 2nd dot in from the right, going out over the 3 board, back into the 1-3 pocket or other side) it pretty easy as the lanes are light on for oil and have a dry back end (using a brunswick black amber zone).

At Ballina for a tournament on the weekend just gone, well, suffice to say, I got nothing, with my style, I got absolutely no reaction from the lanes whatsoever (reasonably oiled im told) and was forced in the end to angle the ball into the pocket to get anything other than 10 pins.

I dont put a lot of work on the ball so to speak, start with my palm/ hand flat, around chest high, just as im coming through, the hand goes to a more vertical stance and the ball is released that way with a smooth follow through (not a lot of force)

The ball, as far as I can tell, is drilled straight, but apart from the ball, I really cant think of any other reason as to why I couldnt get anything, ive bowled at other centres before and been able to do the same as at my home centre.

I dont think its time to replace your ball, I would recomend buying a new ball that you could drill up to turn in oil. As you probably found at ballina it was a lot more oil than ure used to, and with out much revs your ball probably wasnt getting into a roll, Hope this helps,

Steve

Back
Top Bottom