Consistancy

I just bowled at Mt Druitt for intercentre and I must say that I love those lanes.

And with that, i noticed that i barely missed the mark that I wanted to hit in teh 5 games bowled. Whether or not it was the right mark, is another thing. I ended up finding my pocket mark and flew into some high games. I would just put it down to having a good day with your mind completely on teh job. Being totally awake and comfortable is a must. Concentration is obvious and And my make was 5 boards out then usual....thats why i loved the lanes, I'd throw it out and it would have a perfect arc comin back into teh pocket....now i wish i lived near mt druitt...not to say that the Castle hill lans are bad, but i like the older lanes....i can't produce that good of turn and arc on the castle hill lanes.

But anyways, all i'm sayin is that your mind has to be on it and you have to practice alot to be consistant.

Just a quick update. Bowled league on the new HPLs at Sunshine last Wednesday night and threw my highest game ever, 257. Then, in the third game I shot 265 with a 7-9 split in the sixth frame
icon_mad.gif
Don't ask about the middle game though...
icon_sad.gif
it was a bit dismal.

Anyway - it's getting better all the time and hopefully next time will be three nice 200 games instead of just two.
icon_biggrin.gif

other things i have found that help for consistancy is keeping yourself square the enitre time your on the approach cause if you get facing off to the left or rightyou are going to pull it naturally, but the main thing is to always keep your head down and make sure your arm goes through to your shot

other things i have found that help for consistancy is keeping yourself square the enitre time your on the approach cause if you get facing off to the left or rightyou are going to pull it naturally, but the main thing is to always keep your head down and make sure your arm goes through to your shot

Wow, some interesting advice here, especially holding the head down and touching some point on my body to make sure my follow through is good. I've only just started, and so far my average is just over 100 (which appears to be very very pov compared to most of you!). I've been bowling with a 10lb ball, but am going to try a 12lb the next time I go out!

Back
Top Bottom