Re-Entry AO format..... a positive step for the future of bowling

Although I did not make the finals - obviously - I would like to here from those how bowled on Monday, was it to long a day???

If you started at 0830 & finished 1630 - 1700 ?? seems too long, especially if you had partner watching.

Dave

I bowled monday right from the Start so bowling 6 game blocks wasn't to bad. Getting to the last 2 games out 18 games was very tiring but i wasn't drained mentally it was physical. It was a long day.

It was great tournament ran really smoothly and hope to see more of these tournaments.

I would like to here from those how bowled on Monday, was it to long a day???

If you started at 0830 & finished 1630 - 1700 ?? seems too long, especially if you had partner watching.

Dave

Eight hours work for a return of A COUPLE THOUSAND DOLLARS...sure seems fair to me, or are you opposed to working for what you want.

Eight hours work for a return of A COUPLE THOUSAND DOLLARS...sure seems fair to me, or are you opposed to working for what you want.

It's not just 8 hours of work Wayne, what about the years of practice to get good enough just to qualify?

I was thinking of people who support the people who bowl. Like my wife who would have sit there all day.

Unless you are George or some of the other top bowlers
who get sponsored the chance of me ever making money from this sport is small.:(:(

How about the hours or practice or equipment I purchased before I came, or $400-500 on Hotel rooms + petrol or air fair. Food at the center is expensive enough.:eek::eek::eek:

Sometimes I really have to wonder what you have been smoking before you comment...;);););)

xballs (Mr Kuhn)

The only thing I'm smoking is reality.

Yes, it's a long day at the bowl if you're fortunate enough to make cut after cut..
BUT, The reward is a fairly sizeable lump of money. Surely more than we can make in a day at our 'regular' job.

Your post read as if it was geared towards the longevity of the finals day for the bowlers themselves and the bit about one's partner having to endure the long day was merely an aside, added on as if to take the edge off of your post. When I was bowling fulltime for a living, it was my wife's decision whether or not to go to the bowling centre and watch. Most of the time she chose to remain at home and let me go to work (bowl) by myself, just as she does now in my present workplace.

The chances of making money in this sport while competing within Australia are pretty damn slim..not just for the average bloke, but for the elite bowlers as well. Travel costs, entry fees and accomodation eat into one's pocketbook, making it tough for anyone to justify entering the national tournaments. Truth is, our prize funds are an embarassment and the real winners of the tournaments are the bowling centre owners due to the large number of games that are paid thru our rentry fees before the paltry prize fund is paid out.

The hours of practice and cost of equipment add to the bowler's expense, with no real pot of gold at the end of the tournament rainbow. Chase dreams if you so desire, but until such time as there is a complete overhaul of our tournament scene, realise that you'll have to be content in knowing that you've done it for yourself and to fulfill a dream to compete with the best our sport has to offer. That alone can be worth the expense of time and money invested...

Back
Top Bottom