Queensland World Cup of Champions - First Event in 07 - Unique Format - 1st Time Ever

Re: Queensland World Cup of Champions - First Event in 07 - Unique Format - 1st Time

All right guys. The following is the new Schedule
8.30am - Checkin
8.45am - Lane Draw
9.00am - Bowl
As Paul said if all bowlers are there early we can get started earlier.
Jase, spots will be secured with a deposit (preferable), otherwise all fees can be paid on the day.
As stated prize fund is based on Bowlers fees only. Should we get sponorship and full entries prize fund will be adjusted

The groups will be selceted on the day as stated by Andrew. But so it is all set up & ready in the computer etc. the actual lane draw that each group will bowl there 3 games on will be done sometime prior that week.

Eg Group A in Q1 stage will on 9 & 10
Group D in Q1 stage will on 1 & 2

Also if it deems a group happen to be drawn on the same pair for the next qualifying stage (the next oil pattern) then so be it, this will be a random draw & it doesn't hurt the other groups so if double ups occur then thats a risk we'll have to take.

(Q1 Stage = Qualifying 1, Q2 = Qualifying 2 etc)

and so on, but the actual Groups won't be selected until the day so it's pot luck on which group your in. Look at Australia they drew Brasil and progressed, so you never know

Re: Queensland World Cup of Champions - First Event in 07 - Unique Format - 1st Time

count me in guys

maybe when u get the entries seed the top 8 bowlers based on league average to avoid groups being stacked.

As for being drawn in a group with Carl and George i'll have a crack, i probably wouldnt win a game but man if would be fun trying.

ill have a go aswell
but seeding the players is sometimes going to be better off for them and more likely to have all 8 seeded players in at least top 16
if it is just drawen there is a slight chance that carl george and terry or the likes would be on same lane
and a slight chance of 4 190 average bowlers on there own
i have seen this in major pool comps a lot the top players always happy to be seeded so they can get warmed up on lesser players
would be good to see a calcutta there aswell
daniel d

Thanks for all the input so far, we have about 9 or 10 so far. An updated list will be put up by the end of the weekend.

As for seeding bowlers this will not happen, this will be randomly drawn like at a barrier trial, if it knocks out a few top bowlers so be it. The best 2 from each group will proceed only time will tell who they'll be ?????

By the way just to state a fact so far before everyone worries about it both George & Brando have not put their names down yet, so why is everyone worried, every bowler can have a bad day.

This will be a great tournament to bowl with upsets on the card just like the socceroos or the usa (2002 world cup)

Regards Nathan
Caboolture Bowl

NO you wouldn't, I mean it is a very unlikely chance you would & if you did it would give you a chance to see how well you go against the better guys.
Recently in the Wednesday night league at Caboolture I've bowled Drewy & Brando head to head and won 2 out 3 games & the overall which I never thought I would do, so you have to give your self a chance.
And with the 3 diffenrent patterns you may bowl the person when they bowl a 180 or lower. Even the best have ups & downs & here is an example.
In the last Pearson Automotive Sports Series Carl shot 300 & the next game was under 200 (given it was on a different lane, but still) so it depends how the conditions are & how the pins are faling.
Give your self a shot if not thanks for the input & maybe the Twin tour is more a better suit for you.
Regards Nathan
Caboolture Bowl

what sort of a comment is that maybe the twin tour is best suited.

paul only just missed the cut at aus open. cut at mackay. came 4th at state masters against brando and george cut at townsville they are all ranked events and you say he should bowl mary flower.

he was looking out for the lower average bowlers so they can bowl aswell.

what sort of a comment is that maybe the twin tour is best suited.
paul only just missed the cut at aus open. cut at mackay. came 4th at state masters theres other i could add. and you say a twin tour is better suited to him. i dont think so
he was looking out for the lower average bowlers so they can bowl aswell.

Really now there was no dig intended, I simply stated that if he was so worried about George or Brando and didn't want to risk bowling that the Twin Tour was maybe more of a better choice or for the lower average bowlers with more of a chance to get money back. This will be random so Paul could end up with 3 180 Aves against him. If you don't like the format or are two worried about the other bowlers simply don't bowl. This is meant to be fun & something different, not just who or who you may not bowl and deciding wheather or not to toss your money away

If you have a problem with my comments Luke please PM me so i can discuss them with you. I would like this thread kept purely & souly on the tournament. Sorry for the inconvience maybe you & Paul will bowl & smash the field?? Good luck

Regards Nathan
Caboolture Bowl

We are pleased to announce some good news with some sponsorship.

We are pleased to welcome on board

Caboolture Instant Print - for generously printing up the entry forms for us which will be at centres within 2 weeks

Sue & Steve Screen Print - for donating our first place & runner up shirts for us

Sunstate Trophies - for supplying our trophies & perpetual shield

Thank you for these businesses for coming on board with their help. If anyone else would like to join us please don't hesitate to contact us.

We are also trying to arrange to have a bowling ball to give away on the day, maybe to 1 of the bowlers who don't make the round of 16?? We'll keep everyone advised on how this goes as we are still in negotiations with people.

Regards Andrew & Nathan

We will also have added support & broadcast time on 101.5 Caboolture FM leading upto & after the tournamnet. This will give a boost to all sponsors that come on board & we are also trying to arrange to have the local paper do a feature article on the tournament & it's sponsors.

Sorry for all the posts but just want to let everyone know, on how hard we are working to make this a successful & annual event. The more support we can have the better it will win.

And always thanks to Brian for the great game rates we are able to have on a busy school holiday weekend.

Regards Andrew & Nathan

Please put down my name :D

I hope I don't draw that Carl character, I heard he can bowl!

sounds like a good format (from memory, I'm sure I heard of this format somewhere before) - anyway add me to the list.....

Make sure you ALL pay your deposits now!!

Most Important!

Just one thing anyone know how much exactly????

Is a gold coin donation ok.....;)

Make sure you ALL pay your deposits now!!
Most Important!
Just one thing anyone know how much exactly????
Is a gold coin donation ok.....;)

Will need $50 worth of gold coin donations as stated on the entry form.
http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=15786

Squad Listing
Tim Riechel
Carl Bottomley
Peter Martin
Phillip Fagg
Terry Wenban
Paul Chown
Ben Coupland
Barry (Jagga) Morgan
Cameron Smith
Daniel Dickson
Paul Chambers
George Frilingos
Dale Stewart

Sounds a great idea... If that happens for all to see count me in guys

Future for me in this event doesn’t look to promising. Looks like i can’t even make the list for the draw let alone the first cut of 16!

Looks like i need to pay a donation just to even get a mention on the list...:confused: :confused: :confused:

I will try again...If it's ok can i pretty please bowl this event...Looks like fun...;)

Hi put me down as well
Damien Mcandrew

I Apologise Jase i missed that you are now on the list along with Damien

sounds like a good format (from memory, I'm sure I heard of this format somewhere before) - anyway add me to the list.....

Yes it was in the Fifa wolrd cup, just kidding.

A few people may of tlaked about it, Tony Hamilton as one bowler who has suggested it. But i don't think anyone has ever gone and run one.

Jase I think your on about 5th or 6th the list so you wont be on the bottom.

Now everyone can start to worry about if they'll draw George or not, seeming he has put his name down, although I'm pretty sure he doesn't bite, he's a friendly George.

Regards Nathan
Caboolture Bowl

George Who???

hahahaha :)

Back
Top Bottom