Queensland World Cup of Champions - First Event in 07 - Unique Format - 1st Time Ever

9 x 4

Tournament Creator
Queensland World Cup of Champions

This will be the first event on the 2007 calendar, it will be known as the Queensland World Cup of Champions. If successful this will become an anual event each year.

Where : Caboolture Bowl

When: Sunday 14th January 2007

Number of Entries: 32 plus 4 reserves (8 Groups of 4 bowlers)

Cost: $125.00 (Minimum of 9 games)

Prize Fund: $2875.00 (See below for complete prize fund)

Payout Odds: 1:2 bowlers will get their money back or more

Tournament Director's: Andrew Christopher & Nathan Hay

Format: This unique format will be like the Fifa Soccer World Cup (See below for detailed information)

Rules & Regulations

1.All TBA Rules & Regulations will apply
2.Must be a 2007 TBA registered player
3.This is a scratch tournament
4.Field is limited to 32 bowlers & 4 reserves
5.Anyone who has not paid a deposit will not have a spot reserved/secured for them
6.Anyone failing to check-in on time can be replaced by a reserve
7.In case of a points tie, pinfall differential will count, if still a tie after that scratch average will be used.
8.Neat attire must be worn, Men: Collared shirt and dress pants. Women: Collared shirt and skirt or dress shorts. (Common Sense applies)
9.No smoking or drinking will be permitted during competition play.
10. Any matter not addressed here will be left to the tournament director’s discretion

Group Selection & Lanes

On the Friday evening prior to the tournament, entrants will be drawn randomly and put into their allocated groups in the following order A - H. This will be repeated 3 times until each group has 4 bowlers. The lane draw will consist of each group being randomly drawn out and put on pairs 1/2 - 15/16. This will be done for each Qualifying Stage.

Format

Each person will bowl every other person in their group 3 times on 3 different patterns.

Q1 – 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4 / 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 / 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3
- On a short oil pattern

Q2 – 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4 / 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 / 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3
- On a long oil pattern

Q3– 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4 / 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 / 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3
- On a random pattern chosen by host centre

All games are based on head to head scratch scores. Points are awarded as following 3 pts for a win, 1 pt for a draw & 0 pts for a loss.

At the end of the 3 qualifying stages the top 2 bowlers on points total will proceed through to the round of 16.

All matches in the round of 16 & beyond will play the same as the “Fifa World Cup” schedule which will be made available on the day or if requested earlier. Basically it's a 1 game elimination process from here on in for those unfamiliar with the Fifa Soccer World Cup format.

Q1 – Check In 8:30am / Bowl 9:00am / Re-Oil 10:15am
Q2 – Bowl 11:00am / Re-Oil 12:15pm
Q3 – Bowl 1:00pm / No Re-Oil for top 16 & beyond
Round of 16 – Bowl 2:15pm
Quarter Finals (8) – Bowl 2:35pm
Semi Finals (4) – Bowl 2:55pm
Final (2) – Bowl 3:15pm

Prize Fund

1st $500.00 Plus trophy
2nd $375.00 Plus trophy
3rd & 4th $200.00
5th – 8th $150.00
9th – 16th $125.00

Total Payout $2875.00
(Will be increased if Sponsorship is attained)

Also a “World Cup” perpetual shield will be started, which will be engraved with your name and home centre.

Any interested parties or thoughts on this format please nominate via this thread or ring Nathan at caboolture Bowl. Bowlers who pay a deposit will get automatic preference over those who haven't.

The official entry form will be posted in the "Tournament Forms early next week

For any more information you may also contact

Andrew Christopher on 0417-779-894 or

Nathan Hay at Caboolture Bowl on 5495-6000

Regards Caboolture Bowl

Re: Queensland World Cup of Champions - First Event in 07 - Unique Format - 1st Time

Is this a Singles event?

Could someone type the format in english please.
Any chance first place will get any bigger?

Re: Queensland World Cup of Champions - First Event in 07 - Unique Format - 1st Time

Looks interesting, something fresh format wise, I like it.

Yes I would take it that it is singles G. As for the format, would you like a dictionary or phone a friend? :)

Unlike my financially worried friend George, I think it sounds very intersting and I'll be keen to bowl.

Andrew and Nathan..

Great work ...

Put me down please.

Peter Martin.

put me down as well guys, the format lloks like it will be a good one to bowl.

phillip fagg

Count me in, it will be very interesting event and a change.

Put me down. Interesting concept.

Paul Chown

Is this a Singles event?
Could someone type the format in english please.
Any chance first place will get any bigger?

Hi George

As in regards to your question, I believe Andrew has sent you a PM giving you a more detailed idea of how it all works. To all others who seem a little unsure I have answered the following queries from George

Yes this is a singles event. But the 32 bowlers will be spilt up into 8 groups of 4, the other opponents in your group will be the ones you bowl against on the 3 different oiling patterns

As for the increase in money, well if we are able to gain sponsorship the prize fund will increase as stated in the information above (not necessarily to top up 1st & 2nd, it would be spread over all placings if possible)

We did have this tournament set at $150 entry fee which gave us another $1000 to play with and 9th-16th were still getting thier $150 back. But after speaking with some older & more wiser bowlers (not a crack at you George just the words used to describe the bowlers we had spoken to) around we decided that $125 would be a more affodable/sensible price for at least the 1st year.

If we do get some extra funds though we might also look at doing up some very nice quality shirts for the winner & runner up. This was originally planned as well but unfortunatlety we'll have to leave this option out for now.

If anyone would like to come on board & be a sponsor please contact Andrew or myself as we would be happy to talk to anyone about this, interest is already good & if successful this will be an on going tournament each year around the same time & hopefully cement it's spot as the first event for each year.

Squad lists will be posted weekly on this thread & again spots are in order as received and preference will be given to those with deposits. Deposits can be made in Cheque or Money Order to....

Caboolture Bowl
207 Morayfield Road
MORAYFIELD QLD 4506

Contacts:
Andrew Christopher on 0417-779-894
Nathan Hay c/o Caboolture Bowl 5495-6000

Kind Regards Caboolture Bowl

9 x 4 said:
At the end of the 3 qualifying stages the top 2 bowlers on points total will proceed through to the round of 16.

Sorry for the error folks only just saw it. It is meant to say at the end of the 3 qualifying stages the TOP 2 IN EACH GROUP on points total will proceed through to the round of 16 (8 Groups of 2 poeple = 16)

And then from there it will follow the Fifa Soccer World Cup schedule.

Regards Caboolture Bowl

So if you get George and Carl in your group you go home early.

And if I get a good draw, I might just cash ...

And if I get a good draw, I might just cash ...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:​

I think the draw should have some sort of seeding...i agree with Paul...what if a couple of fringe bowlers wanted to bowl this and yes they were drawn with Carl or George…They may as well put there 125 across the counter and leave there gear in the car…

When does the entry fee have to be paid??

I mean what are the chances that you have George and Carl in your draw on the Friday night, and the other two go I am no chance of getting past the first round and don’t bother to show Sunday morning??

It’s like putting in the lotto after the numbers are drawn.

So do the draw on the morning of the event, after everyone has payed ...

Sounds a great idea... If that happens for all to see count me in guys

Group Selection & Lanes
On the Friday evening prior to the tournament, entrants will be drawn randomly and put into their allocated groups in the following order A - H. This will be repeated 3 times until each group has 4 bowlers. The lane draw will consist of each group being randomly drawn out and put on pairs 1/2 - 15/16

Why does the draw have to happen on the Friday night???

I tend to agree with Jase on the draw, it needs to be open.

Get the draw format setup, everyone shows up at 8am once all 32 bowlers are there, we all go and grab a number and that tells ya what group your in... sound simple?

All right guys. The following is the new Schedule

8.30am - Checkin
8.45am - Lane Draw
9.00am - Bowl

As Paul said if all bowlers are there early we can get started earlier.

Jase, spots will be secured with a deposit (preferable), otherwise all fees can be paid on the day.

As stated prize fund is based on Bowlers fees only. Should we get sponorship and full entries prize fund will be adjusted

Sounds like fun, can you put my name down please.
Cheers
Ben

Nathan

could you put Jagga's name down please?

thanx

So if you get George and Carl in your group you go home early.

NO you wouldn't, I mean it is a very unlikely chance you would & if you did it would give you a chance to see how well you go against the better guys.

Recently in the Wednesday night league at Caboolture I've bowled Drewy & Brando head to head and won 2 out 3 games & the overall which I never thought I would do, so you have to give your self a chance.

And with the 3 diffenrent patterns you may bowl the person when they bowl a 180 or lower. Even the best have ups & downs & here is an example.

In the last Pearson Automotive Sports Series Carl shot 300 & the next game was under 200 (given it was on a different lane, but still) so it depends how the conditions are & how the pins are faling.

Give your self a shot if not thanks for the input & maybe the Twin tour is more a better suit for you.

Regards Nathan
Caboolture Bowl

Back
Top Bottom