2009 Queensland World Cup of Champions-1st Event 09-Unique Format-$3850 Prize Money

Re: 2009 Queensland World Cup of Champions-1st Event 09-Unique Format-$3850 Prize Mon

(Names in bold have secured their spot with a $50 deposit)

1 Animal Hill
2 Gregg Marks
3 Aaron Midgley
4 Peter Stevanovic
5 Casey Midgley
6 Linda Green
7 Gerald Cox
8 Alan McKay
9 Dale Stewart (2008 Champion)
10 Tony Hamilton
11 Rhyss Jones
12 Carl Bottomley
13 Jason Clark
14 Darrin Comrie
15 Fred Desmier
16 Adrian Shelton
17 Darryl Alford
18 Kevin Blackmore (2007 Champion)
19 John Whilans
20 Aaron Dickfos
21 Jagga Morgan
22 Bob Hardie
23 Andrew Drew
24 Daniel Misfud
25 Gary Bernardin
26 Brett Laird
27Terry Wenban

28 Peter Martin
29 Brendan Meads
30 Shayne Melton
31 Scott Fryer
32 Craig McCloskey

Reserves
1 Cam Smith
2 David Cupit
3 Alicia Melton
4 Dwayne Sargent
5 Shane Hurst

Re: 2009 Queensland World Cup of Champions-1st Event 09-Unique Format-$3850 Prize Mon

[b](Names in bold have secured their spot with a $50 deposit)

1 Animal Hill
2 Gregg Marks
3 Aaron Midgley
4 Peter Stevanovic
5 Casey Midgley
6 Linda Green
7 Gerald Cox
8 Alan McKay
10 Tony Hamilton
11 Rhyss Jones
12 Carl Bottomley
13 Jason Clark
14 Darrin Comrie
15 Fred Desmier
16 Adrian Shelton
17 Darryl Alford
19 John Whilans
20 Aaron Dickfos
21 Jagga Morgan
22 Bob Hardie
23 Andrew Drew
24 Daniel Misfud
25 Gary Bernardin
26 Brett Laird
27Terry Wenban
28 David Cupit

29 Brendan Meads
30 Shayne Melton
31 Scott Fryer
32 Craig McCloskey

Reserves
1 Cam Smith
2 Peter Martin
3 Alicia Melton
4 Dwayne Sargent
5 Shane Hurst

1 Animal Hill
2 Gregg Marks
3 Aaron Midgley
4 Peter Stevanovic
5 Casey Midgley
6 Linda Green
7 Gerald Cox
8 Alan McKay
10 Tony Hamilton
11 Rhyss Jones
12 Carl Bottomley
13 Jason Clark
14 Darrin Comrie
15 Fred Desmier
16 Adrian Shelton
17 Darryl Alford
19 John Whilans
20 Aaron Dickfos
21 Jagga Morgan
22 Bob Hardie
23 Andrew Drew
24 Daniel Misfud
25 Gary Bernardin
26 Brett Laird
27Terry Wenban
28 David Cupit
29 Brendan Meads
30 Shayne Melton
31 Alicia Melton

32 Scott Fryer
Reserves
1 Cam Smith
2 Peter Martin
3 Craig McCloskey
4 Dwayne Sargent
5 Shane Hurst

2009 Queensland World Cup - Entrants List as at 11/12/08 12.00pm

1 Animal Hill
2 Gregg Marks
3 Aaron Midgley
4 Peter Stevanovic
5 Casey Midgley
6 Linda Green
7 Gerald Cox
8 Alan McKay
10 Tony Hamilton
11 Rhyss Jones
12 Carl Bottomley
13 Jason Clark
14 Darrin Comrie
15 Fred Desmier
16 Adrian Shelton
17 Darryl Alford
19 John Whilans
20 Aaron Dickfos
21 Jagga Morgan
22 Bob Hardie
23 Andrew Drew
24 Daniel Misfud
25 Gary Bernardin
26 Brett Laird
27 Terry Wenban
28 David Cupit
29 Brendan Meads
30 Shayne Melton
31 Alicia Melton
32 Peter Martin

Reserves
1 Scott Fryer
2 Craig McCloskey
3 Cam Smith
4 Dwayne Sargent
5 Shane Hurst

TOURNAMENT IS FULL

If any bowlers circumstances change and is unable to make the Tournament please let us know ASAP as we may be able to replace you with a reserve and you will get your deposit back.

For all bowlers who may want to practice on sports condition tonight and caboolture 8.30 - 10pm or the QLD World Cup Trial on the 21st December.

Link - http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=31298&page=2

I know its early but I feel both Nathan and Andrew deserve a huge thanks for all the work and support they have garnered for this event.

Even without a lot of the usual suspects bowling the tournament is full well before the event which is unheard of in this day and age. It shows that with a unique format, reasonably priced and the effort put in by the organisers that successful events can still be held.

So congratulations to you both for your commitment and organisation and I hope you realise that we bowlers (and I'm sure I speak for all) sincerely appreciate your efforts.

Thankyou and looking forward to the day
Carl

1 Animal Hill
2 Gregg Marks
3 Aaron Midgley
4 Peter Stevanovic
5 Casey Midgley
6 Linda Green
7 Gerald Cox
8 Alan McKay
10 Tony Hamilton
11 Rhyss Jones
12 Carl Bottomley
13 Jason Clark
14 Darrin Comrie
15 Fred Desmier
16 Adrian Shelton
17 Darryl Alford
19 John Whilans
20 Aaron Dickfos
21 Jagga Morgan
22 Bob Hardie
23 Andrew Drew
24 Daniel Misfud
25 Gary Bernardin
26 Brett Laird
27 Terry Wenban
28 David Cupit
29 Brendan Meads
30 Shayne Melton
31 Alicia Melton
32 Peter Martin

Reserves
1 Mark Davidson

2 Craig McCloskey
3 Cam Smith
4 Dwayne Sargent
5 Shane Hurst

Thank you to our Sponsors for 2009

Major Sponsor - B.E.Removals - All your removal needs, local & interstate

Caboolture Bowl - Brian Bates - Best game rates in the country
Animal's Pro Shop - Lawrie Hill - For all your pro shop needs & any "Hammer" products, the "Hammer" National Distributer
Hammer Bowling - Nothing Hits Like a "Hammer"
Locomotif - Peter Martin - The best shirt design & makers around town
Action Trophies Burpengary - Jan & Marcel - Great trophies, great prices
Caboolture Instant Print - Anthony Essex - For all your expert design & printing needs
Mobitech - Wayne Brockman - For the best in computer repairs & accessories
Design Fencing - Rob & Kay Smith - The best in commercial fencing, for the best quality and professionalism around
Matty's Meat Barn - For a great range of meat products at Morayfield
Taz Serices - Andrew Christopher
Totalbowling.com.au - Jason Peasrson - The best Bowling site for news & infromation

Regards Nathan & Andrew

I know its early but I feel both Nathan and Andrew deserve a huge thanks for all the work and support they have garnered for this event.

Even without a lot of the usual suspects bowling the tournament is full well before the event which is unheard of in this day and age. It shows that with a unique format, reasonably priced and the effort put in by the organisers that successful events can still be held.

So congratulations to you both for your commitment and organisation and I hope you realise that we bowlers (and I'm sure I speak for all) sincerely appreciate your efforts.

Carl

Thanks Carl for the words of encouragement, it's been great having you on board for the first 2 years, maybe Drewy can replace Jason this year on your quest for 1 to keep going. It means alot to see the support we've had in only a few years of the tournament being around. Although I can't speak for Andrew, I believe these type formats offer EVERYONE a chance of victory (and unpredictiveness) not just a George or Brando type caliber of bowler.

Both Andrew & I are very happy to have on offer a 1:2 more then your money back payout . . . That's rare in this day and age and we are glad we can pass it on to the bowlers.

I will admit that Andrew is probably a liitle pissed off because again there is no need for him to be a reserve or bowl in it in 2009 . . . which he really wanted to do.

Although it depends who's group you choose we may even start a VBookie up ???? And there will be interesting way for spectators and those 16 bowlers who don't make it through to the round of 16 to win some moeny on the day . . . But we will keep that secret until the day (still in the works) . . .

To everyone have a happy christmas, a small break from bowling & a great new year. See you all on Sunday 4th Jan at 8:30am sharp (Don't be late without prior warning) / Caboolture Bowl to be open from 8am

Regards Nathan

Carl

I agree 100% with Carls comments - to get a tournament full so early in the year is a real testament to the format, cost and the organisation. We really do appreciate your efforts.

1 Animal Hill
2 Gregg Marks
3 Aaron Midgley
4 Peter Stevanovic
5 Casey Midgley
6 Linda Green
7 Gerald Cox
8 Alan McKay
10 Tony Hamilton
11 Rhyss Jones
12 Carl Bottomley
13 Jason Clark
14 Darrin Comrie
15 Fred Desmier
16 Adrian Shelton
17 Darryl Alford
19 John Whilans
20 Aaron Dickfos
21 Jagga Morgan
22 Bob Hardie
23 Andrew Drew
24 Daniel Misfud
25 Gary Bernardin
26 Brett Laird
27 Terry Wenban
28 David Cupit
29 Brendan Meads
30 Shayne Melton
31 Alicia Melton
32 Peter Martin

Reserves
1 Mark Davidson
2 Shane Hurst

3 Cam Smith
4 Dwayne Sargent
5 Craig McCloskey

Please remove Dwayne Sargent, unfortunatelly no longer able to bowl. Best of luck to all bowlers.
Cheers,
Dwayne

2009 Queensland World Cup - Entrants List as at 15/12/08 9.00pm

1. Lawrie "Animal" Hill
2. Gregg Marks
3. Aaron Midgley
4. Peter Stevanovic
5. Casey Midgley
6. Linda Green
7. Gerald Cox
8. Alan McKay
9. Dale Stewart (2008 Champion)
10. Tony Hamilton
11. Rhyss Jones
12. Carl Bottomley
13. Jason Clark
14. Darrin Comrie
15. Fred Desmier
16. Adrian Shelton
17. Darryl Alford
18. Kevin Blackmore (2007 Champion)
19. John Whilans
20. Aaron Dickfos
21. Jagga Morgan
22. Bob Hardie
23. Andrew Drew
24. Daniel Misfud
25. Gary Bernardin
26. Brett Laird
27. Terry Wenban
28. David Cupit
29. Brendan Meads
30. Shayne Melton
31. Alicia Melton
32. Peter Martin

TOURNAMENT IS NOW FULL WITH 32 CONFIRMED STARTERS

Res 1. Mark Davidson
Res 2. Shane Hurst

Res 3. Scott Fryer
Res 4. Craig McCloskey
Res 5. Cam Smith
Res 6. Andrew Christopher

They way we understand with reserves paying a deposit is that if they don't get a start (or no one pulls out) then Brian will refund their $50. In saying that those reserves who have paid a deposit will get an automatic preference over those reserves who haven't. We are hoping by paying a deposit as a reserve that these bowlers will be their on the day at 8:30am in case of a no show or a late scratching . . . .

We thank everyone again for their support . . . a vBookie should be hopefully up in the next few days . . . but in saying that those odds could be worth jack depending on who draws who's group.

Regards Nathan

A quick look back over the past 2 years

Click the link and check out all the upsets and scores from 2007 & this year 2008 . . .

2007 Results

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=16991&highlight=world+cup

2008 Results

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=25416&highlight=world+cup

2008 Live Scores

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/news/livescores/
(on page 2)

Who will upset who in 2009 . . . And who wants to take home the Champions Trophy . . .

Regards Nathan

Good News everyone we have vBookie odds, so clink the link and have a bet on your favourite bowler or even yourself

----- vBookie World Cup Odds -----

Bets on the World Cup Winner

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=31637

Bets on the Semi Finalists (Top 4)

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=31638

vBookie Central

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/vbookie.php?

Regards Nathan

bumping this Back to the top to remind people that it is this sunday.

If your plan have changed and cant make let us now sowe can arrange a replacement.

See you all on Sunday

Andrew

I would still like to bowl if i could get if there is a late scartching Andrew

Scott only suggestion i got is be at caboolture bowl in case that happens. The reserves with paid deposits will get preference if they are there.

Is it ok to pay my TBA dues at check in ... I haven't been in a bowl for a while ...

Is it ok to pay my TBA dues at check in ... I haven't been in a bowl for a while ...

Anyone wishing/needing to pay their registration fees on the day will be able to do so. Please note the registration fee of $27.50 for league membership

ALSO ON SUNDAY MORNING IF ANYONE IS TO BE RUNING LATE

PLEASE RING CABOOLTURE BOWL ON 5495-6000

OR ANDREW CHRISTOPHER ON 041-777-9894

CHECK IN 8:30am SHARP

Otherwise if we have reserves waiting without any notice we may have to look at you being replaced, hopefully not . . . but please ring.

Caboolture Bowl will be open from 8am

See you all on Sunday . . .

And PS leave all your tantrum sooks/rants at home

Regards Nathan

Good to know, thanks Terry

Back
Top Bottom