NEWCASTLE CUP 2011 ENTRY FORM

Hi Dave,
Sorry mate but I can't make this years Newcastle Cup other commitements.I hope it goes well for you.
Cheers Lovey

Hi Dave,

What sort of pattern will we be bowling on? just curious thats all

Cheers

I've heard it's going to be the same pattern they laid down yesterday for the STBL Final between Campbelltown & Orange. If it is the same pattern, it is quite a playable pattern. Challenging, but playable. Just may need a little more volume to hold up the squad length. We bowled 11 games on it yesterday, and by about game 9, it started to get really tough.... Still very playable though....

I've heard it's going to be the same pattern they laid down yesterday for the STBL Final between Campbelltown & Orange. If it is the same pattern, it is quite a playable pattern. Challenging, but playable. Just may need a little more volume to hold up the squad length. We bowled 11 games on it yesterday, and by about game 9, it started to get really tough.... Still very playable though....

mate what you bowled is pritty much what you will get the gf was a trial run for the pattern, i bowled on it for league later in the night and found it be very score able, it will be upto centre management, if we twik the pattern,

would also like to get few more bowlers as they will score and score well

Cool Dave. I found it a very playable pattern, even when it got tough, you could still find ways to make the pocket. I thought it held up fairly well for 11 games, made you think!!

Hey Dave
Could you add James Roods to A squad
Cheers

Thanks James,

well with only a week to go i have only 37 entries so unless i get at least 10 more entries i will have to make some changes to the prize fund but first place will be no less then a $1000

come on people, you guys want tournaments to bowl in, and the scores from Sundays premier league grand final, the pattern is very playable and high scoring with games of 299, 289, 279, 278 and around 40 games between 210 - 270.

An easy condition might scare away just as many people as it attracts.... just a thought.

An easy condition might scare away just as many people as it attracts.... just a thought.

never said it was easy, you still have to get right ball reaction, pin carry is a big factor, aswell as a unique center setup with overhead ball returns

never said it was easy, you still have to get right ball reaction, pin carry is a big factor, aswell as a unique center setup with overhead ball returns

All good Dave, hope you get the entries you need to run a successful event...

Im sure pin carry is a factor, just hope that isnt what decides the tourny, anyway im sure those available this weekend will enjoy.

ps... overhead ball returns?

I bowled there on Sunday Roy, by no means was it easy... There were some great games bowled, early in the day.... This will be a good test for people...

All good Dave, hope you get the entries you need to run a successful event...

Im sure pin carry is a factor, just hope that isnt what decides the tourny, anyway im sure those available this weekend will enjoy.

ps... overhead ball returns?

All it is, the ball doesnt go underground and pop up via a ball return machine like most centres. You see the ball roll all the way from the back and roll up to the approach. I think its fantastic! haha but basically alot of people dislike them because if your playing as deep as middle/5th arrow you cant move as far left on the approach on the right lane (because theres a ball return there) as you can on the left lane. Being a medium rev player i never have to go inside 3rd arrow/5th dot ish.

Thanks for clarifying ;)

Iv never been there

That would be something to see. Quite unusual.

Hi everyone,

I would suggest you all come and bowl at Mayfield, not many centres left like this in the world, a truly unique experience, I have been bowling there myself for over 10 years and have never had a problem with the overlane ball returns, may seem odd at first, but not as bad as they look.

Lane conditions are usually always pretty good there, the scoring on the weekend from the State League final seemed good early on with a noticeable transition, but the most important thing was getting the carry right as this is crucial in a centre like Mayfield.

Hope everyone can make the effort to attend. Dave is right, everyone carries on about having no tournaments to bowl, well here is one, less than 2hrs out of Sydney, less than an hr from Gosford and an hrs flight from either Brisbane or Melbourne.

Thanks James,

well with only a week to go i have only 37 entries so unless i get at least 10 more entries i will have to make some changes to the prize fund but first place will be no less then a $1000

come on people, you guys want tournaments to bowl in, and the scores from Sundays premier league grand final, the pattern is very playable and high scoring with games of 299, 289, 279, 278 and around 40 games between 210 - 270.

The first place stated above, has been changed due to lack of entries, i only have 30 entries which is real shame, which will be a great and enjoyable.
to all bowlers who are coming once again a very very big thanks we will post the prize fund at the end of bowling on saturday, to make shore i get it right

thanks
Dave

Back
Top Bottom