2010 NEWCASTLE CUP

Is there something on that weekend somewhere else. Come on guys, start putting your names down. I remember the Newcastle Cup been one of the best on the tournament scene. Lets support it, especially for the sponsers who have donated. Just remember sponsers are hard to get and even harder to keep.
Cheers Lovey

Lovey, there is only one thing on and thats on the sunday, and they where told about before they put the dates but did not want to change it.

there are plenty of spots available, if anyone has some concerns about the tournament, let me know if i dont know i cant make it better in the future.

The General Manager has in formed me that he has extend the size if squad c to accommodate more bowlers, who have to travel

I am very sorry but could you remove Neil and Darryl Buttriss from C and D please, we have a family christening to attend.

TO ALL.

With only 2 weeks until the tournament, i have only 25 entries, so unless i can get another 10 to 15 entries, i will have to possible consider canceling event, due to lack of entries,

I have put a q/a section for this tournament, to find out what people want in a tournament, or what problems they had with the current tournament format, and seeing how i have got little response, it is a great shame when you ask and get very little.

cheers,
Dave

Hi David,

I have already booked and paid for accomodation for this tournament, so I am really concerned with comments in your above post. Can you provide any guarantee that it will or will not go ahead based on the numbers you have right now so I have some opportunity to try and get some of my money back from the motel. Is there anyone else in this same predicament?

Thanks.
Ken

Hi David,

I have already booked and paid for accomodation for this tournament, so I am really concerned with comments in your above post. Can you provide any guarantee that it will or will not go ahead based on the numbers you have right now so I have some opportunity to try and get some of my money back from the motel. Is there anyone else in this same predicament?

Thanks.
Ken

PM SENT KEN

dave have you thought about having only two squads and the top 16 go head to head in the final just a thought cheers matt

Hi Matt,

mate, we have made a few changes to the final format, but generally no major changes, as we need to see if this type of format will work,

Cheers,
Dave

TO ALL.

With only 2 weeks until the tournament, i have only 25 entries, so unless i can get another 10 to 15 entries, i will have to possible consider canceling event, due to lack of entries,

I have put a q/a section for this tournament, to find out what people want in a tournament, or what problems they had with the current tournament format, and seeing how i have got little response, it is a great shame when you ask and get very little.

cheers,
Dave

Is it because people fear the over lane ball returns? Trust me people, they arent hard to bowl against, if I can play there with my 20 board drift anyone can, and the majority of players will score alright, because the shot is usually between 5-15 brd at its deepest.

I dont really see the format as being an issue, it is a slight twist on previous similar styles, good to see something a little different.

Everyone complains about not enough tournaments, but when something is on, stuffed if they could be bothered to bowl or support it. I am sure proprietors and tournament directors and sponsors wonder why they bother.

Maybe put something up in the main forum Dave, track all the people down who went to Orange, who travelled to Coffs, who play in the sports series in Sydney, ask them straight out if they would like to bowl. Between those tournaments, there is probably at least 50 other different bowlers to the current list.

Mick,

I did put it in the main forum and it lasted 23mins before they moved it. I put the tournament out to all at orange and the main stream of bowlers told me that is was a good idea and will "probably" come, and from what i research we the most value for money tournament the rough average compared to other tournaments we are giving you 15 games to 10 games for the same entry fee of other tournaments.

to me know days that is very good value for money, as you stated even though there is no oil pattern published the shot is consistent scoring, it took me just 5 weeks to adapt to the over head returns, but i have found it was the best thing for my sparing as it has made me more accurate.

and with traveling with premier league and other teams, i have pushed it hard.

and even adding a q/a section on hear no one real wants to tell me there thoughts, if i dont know there problems i can help to accommodate them.

TO ALL,

I have been inform by my General Manager that the 2010 NEWCASTLE CUP will go head as plan, but there will a prize fund change and possible changes to the final cut, and to stages 1,2.

Many Thanks to all that are coming, and to those who would still like to come.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi All,

With the current entry numbers, we have changes the prizefund the breakdown will be worked out on the Saturday, but first place will be a minimum of $900.

if we get another 10 bowlers prize will increase and first place to $1000.

we have also changed final setup, the top 18 qualifiers will make the cut for Sunday,

stage 1 of finals will be cut to 6 games straight pinfall

stage 2 will be cut to 4 games

these changes have been made to help maintain a quality prize fund.

and please remember we are also giving away a new ball for highest non place lady and non place local bowler

updated squad list is below

Many Thanks To ALL who are attending.
David Rosser

Attachments

• NC2010 ENTRY LIST 2.pdf
    121.7 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom