2007 Superstrike Newcastle Cup

Michael Little

Hi Everyone,
We are bringing tournaments back to Mayfield, Newcaslte with the inaugural Superstrike Newcastle Cup.
Mayfield Superstrike has been totally revamped with new lanes and approaches (Kegel Edge) and new design and scoring systems.
Up for grabs is over $11000 in prize money based on 70 entries with $1500 for first and money back ($200) for 24th.
It is on the weekend of the 5th and 6th of May.
Newcastle is an easy destination for interstate travellers as well with huge improvements to the airport with direct flights from Melbourne and Brisbane at reasonable times and prices. Airport is approximately 20 mins from Mayfield.
So all you bowlers who are bemoaning a lack of tournaments, well here is a quality tournament with quality prize money in a quality centre.
There are 3 motels within walking distance to the bowl for easy accomodation.
Please either post entries here, ring Mayfield Bowl on 02 4968 3795 or mail/fax entries as per entry form.
If anyone requires any further information regarding this tournament, please call Peter Zambelis on 0412 805 980.

Attachments

• Newcastle Cup 07.pdf
    43.8 KB · Views: 239
Michael

Just a quick question. Great tournament I'm sure you will get the bowlers. How about giving an incentive for the Ladies to put up their $200.00.

eg If you offered top 4 non cashing ladies (this would depend on ladies entries) $100 each I'm sure you would get a lot more ladies turn up.

Susanne

Ken McLachlan is also down for B squad.

Susanne,

This would be up to Pete, I know he was hoping to have some aspect of the tournament for ladies. Maybe he can work something out.

Thanks
Michael

For everyones info, after speaking to George today, he was able to get a return flight out of Brissie for $98 into Newcastle.

For all you interstate bowlers, flying into Newcastle instead of Sydney is often quite cheaper so get in and book your flights early.

Thanks
Mick

Back
Top Bottom