2007 Superstrike Newcastle Cup

Peter

I'm happy to move to A actually, I'm staying with Amanda and I see her name down for A so move me please. Looking forward to this event!

George

Hi Peter,

Sorry mate. I am pulling out. I'm just bowling lousy at present and even have thumb trouble for the first time in a zillion years. (I think my new thumb pitches aren't quite what I was hoping for...)

Kind Regards and Good Luck with it,
Jason

I'm also ging to have to have pull out mate, sorry about the late notice

Thanks

Chris Thomas

hi guys,

I was just wondering if there is a set amount of entries required to run this tournament as there seems to be a lot of people having second thoughts at the moment and your prizefund says that its based on 70 entries.

If there is any chance that the newcastle cup may not go ahead i think it might be best to let the bowlers know, especially those who are travelling from interstate, at the earliest possible time.

Also if it will be going ahead a little reassurance to those that want to bowl this tournament would be good as well as possible changes in prizemoney if we do not get 70 entries .

Just my thoughts and maybe those of the bowlers that are still interested in competing in this competition.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

I was also starting to wonder if there was a minimum number required.

I hope that it goes ahead regardless, even knowing that the prizemoney will need to be significantly scaled back.

I should think that anyone coming from interstate would have booked and paid for airfares which I assume would be non-refundable.

I really hope there will be a few more entries this week. It would be great to have at least 50 entrants for this event.

Even getting 50 for an event these days is great going (especially since this event hasn't been run in a while). I look forward to bowling this event and meeting some new people, can't wait!

George thank you for the support, i spoke with the management of mayfield & WE ARE STILL RUNNING IT, i want the newcastle cup to be back on the bowling calendar & next year we will probably rate it if this is the reason for the lack of attendance. i am revising the prizefund & even with the generous sponsorship we will be well short of the advertized prizefund, i am hoping this won't deter entries
I am happy to listen to suggestions as to the format so people don't have to be here a 2nd day & not cash, perhaps a 12 game qualifying on saturday & top 16 play matchplay on sunday.
Please post your opinions
cheers,
peter

Andrew Frawley? wow last I saw he was in Turkey a few days ago, it will be great to see the big fella on home turf again (just as long as he doesnt touch the oiling machine) :D

he won't need to 2 300 by 2 r/handed bowlers & a 277 by amanda tonight kai stepped in front as she was lining up for her 9th strike, missed the headpin & the spare then struck out she wasn't happy
but it's ok george good shot on the left

George thank you for the support, i spoke with the management of mayfield & WE ARE STILL RUNNING IT, i want the newcastle cup to be back on the bowling calendar & next year we will probably rate it if this is the reason for the lack of attendance. i am revising the prizefund & even with the generous sponsorship we will be well short of the advertized prizefund, i am hoping this won't deter entries
I am happy to listen to suggestions as to the format so people don't have to be here a 2nd day & not cash, perhaps a 12 game qualifying on saturday & top 16 play matchplay on sunday.
Please post your opinions
cheers,
peter

If its changed to 12 games qualifying on the Saturday could you make it to bowl at say 1pm to allow interstaters to make it and also post a prize fund based on say 50 Bowlers thanks Paul_____

i am canvassing suggestions, i am happy to live the current format i am just cocerned for the bowlers if i keep the present format

I would be quite happy with the current format Peter. Having said that though, I don't have too far to travel to get there. If you decided to go with just a top 16 on Sunday, though, I would prefer the extra 2 games on the Saturday as was mooted.

Looking forward to this one. See you Saturday.

I think you should try to make a format where whoever makes it to Sunday gets some money. Theres nothing worse than cutting and getting nothing back.
Paul____

all the finalists will get money back but i think changing the format for this one time will be better for everybody in terms of accommodation plus extra games & more prizefund

Peter,

Less games in the tournament would mean more prize money?

Qualifying on the Saturday should stay at 10 games. And maybe on the sunday you make it top 16 with 15 games match play.

What time would the final finish at the sunday? I have work committments at 3pm

Cheers
Christian

Back
Top Bottom