2007 Superstrike Newcastle Cup

come on guys 7 people bowling in squad A, its like no one wants to get up early lol

8 now lol
34 in b squad slowly getting there
i thought bowlers would like to get their name on the illustrious newcastle cup perpetual trophy

hey rambo,

just a question, on the entre for it says the top 24 bowl on the sunday, but that is based on 70 bowlers will it still be the same say with 50?

the format will not change but the prizefund will probably be adjusted if we only receive 50 entries
i am sure we will get more

here is updated list, still way short of entries please don't leave your entry to late

Attachments

• N CUP ENTRIES.xls
    16 KB · Views: 41
Hey Peter aka Rambo,

I was just wondering if there is going to be a cut off for B squad in bowler numbers because there is getting close to 30 bowlers at a guesstimate in B squad and only 8 in A squad.

You might want to offer free breakfast to any bowlers who want to bowl in A squad as an incentive to fill the squad or something like that.

Just a suggestion

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

B squad is all but full there are vacancies in squad A & we do need more entries please,(currently 51) NEWCASTLE CUP has a 29 year tradition & we at Superstrike want to continue but we need your support.

Yes get behind it people, hey i am not even what would be considered a mid range bowler at this level, i am currently only averaging 156 but i am having a go.

The way i see it this is a perfect opportunity for bowlers to learn from those who are at the top level of bowling and just being able to bowl against this calibre of bowler and see how they operate i believe will help my game improve.

So don't be shy guys if i am giving it a shot and i am only considered a restricted bowler then why not some of those bowlers out there who think they could win get behind it as well.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

thanks for your support michael
What surprises me, traditionally the newcastle cup was one of the more prestigious tournaments & we prided ourselves on a fair condition on both sides, we have had right & left handed bowlers win but all champions, like steve lovell, fred allsopp, michael little, andrew frawley, sam romeo, tom kury, terry wenban, terry maher & many other illustrious bowlers i think carl bottomley has won as well i remember him telling me one year i canbring the same ball every year as the condition never changes but there never was a runaway winner it was always close.
i am not sure what happened since i dropped of the scene a few years due to serious illness but things have certainly changed, good thing is the better bowlers & good friends of mine are supporting the tournament & i would like to stress the shot will suit all the bowlers & the carryover pinfall is dropped for the final so everybody starts from scratch, the other good thing the prizemoney is good & not top heavy.
i just hope we get some more entries as i will hate to cacel it
51 entries to date 2nd squad 1 spot left
cheers

can u please remove jon and nick green becasue my brother has something planned for my birthday and we cant make it up till the sunday morning

hi woy woy,
i hope this helps

SQUAD A
AMANDA BRADLEY
MICHAEL MCLAREN
PETER MILLER
STEVEN SMITH
MITCHELL COSGRIFF
BRETT LARMAN
KATIE STUART?
SALLY KERR
DAVE APPLEBY
JEFF CUTTS
JASON VOGT
JOE WLODARCYZK

SQUAD B
STEVEN REYNOLDS
TERRY MAHER
MARNIE BRITTON
GEORGE FRILINGOS
CHRISTIAN PURDUE
GEORGYA BRITTON
JESS LAWRENCE
COLIN VILLIERS
DENNIS RIGNEY
ANDREW LLOYD
KEN McLACHLAN
ALEN HICKS
A M PUTNEY
SUE CASSELL
J P LI
JASON DOUST
CHRIS THOMAS
PETER WHITE
NATHAN KENNEDY
SAM ROMEO
TONY MURRAY
PAUL CHAMBERS
KARA TRIULCIO
DON WALTON
ROB MASON
NATHANIEL MASON
LUKE GREEN
BEAU PATTERSON
PHIL HARRIS
BRAD COOK
CARL BARBARA
GLEN ANDERSON
STEVEN COWLAND
JAMES MC GINTY ?
SHAUN CUMMINGS
CLAIRE GUEST
SCOTT ROBINSON
DAVE VILLIERS
ANDREW FARLEY
JESS DEPAOLI
GREG KOTTEAKOS
MATTHEW SMITH

cheers

sorry rambo but due to work commitment and money i wont be able to participate

Peter miller

Hey Rambo,

Seen as though there is an opening in b squad due to carl dropping out because he has to work and the guy i was going to get a lift down with also dropping out in peter can i pleasse be moved from a squad to b squad thanks as i would prefer to commute in my car from sydney in daylight thanks.

If this is not possible i will soldier on in a squad but my preference right now is b squad. it might help my game to bowl against some of australias best bowlers in this squad.

Thanks in advance
Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Back
Top Bottom