Maccabi Australia International Games

tenpinyo

Now i dont know how much people know about the jewish bowling community. while we arent huge, we do have some top quality bowlers around the world that are consistently up there in FIQ around the place. I dont know how many people have heard about Maccabiah, but for those that havent its essentially the Jewish Olympics. Well for those that are interested there will be an Australian version of it next week from the 3rd-10th July out at parramatta bowl. While there wont be the calibre of bowlers that u might see out at ur run of the mill tournie, we still have a number of bowlers from around the world who compete regularly in FIQ tournies. Well enough of my rant, ill try to post some scores on here over the week just to show what kinda talent is being shown and hopefully we might get a lil recognition outta it.

Laters

TenPinyo

I was actually asked to bowl for the USA in this event, but unfortunately, my schedule did not allow for me to participate. Good luck, and perhaps I'll meet you and your teammates in Israel in 3 more years.

Keith in Farmington Hills, MI
www.mrbowling300.com

Good luck to all that are bowling :D

I would love to come and watch but unless the bowl is close to a train station I will have a hard time getting down there. Maybe you can post some times for the games.

Anyway have a great time.

Ps I have heard of the Maccabi Games before from the unfortunate bridge collapse. Apart from this I don’t know any Jewish people.

I believe the bridge collapse was in 1997. I tried out for the US team. Had a very lousy first 6 games of qualifiying. I had the best 6 game block on day two. They took the top 7, and I qualified 8th, thus missing the cut.

Who's in the Australian team and what countries are competing?

2muchfun said:
Who's in the Australian team and what countries are competing?

we have two australian teams competing. the only 2 names that people might have heard of are adam goldberg who used to bowl in the junior and youth circuit and phil sachs who bowls/bowled in the senior circuit. as for teams there are australia, venezuala, israel, canada, usa.

have bowled with some of these guys over the years ronnie frank and phil sachs great people to know . someone tap phil on the head and tell him to lift his game he is bowling bad . go ronnie you star. say hello to all from us and to the beautiful debbie sachs to . from craig and nichole . p.s. are the games on saturday all day may come down if on.

rustyone said:
have bowled with some of these guys over the years ronnie frank and phil sachs great people to know . someone tap phil on the head and tell him to lift his game he is bowling bad . go ronnie you star. say hello to all from us and to the beautiful debbie sachs to . from craig and nichole . p.s. are the games on saturday all day may come down if on.

yeh well if u have a look at the triples reports im bout to post ull notice that it aint easy out there. we're not bowling on sat. we have 5 man teams on friday then masters over sunday and monday. sunday will be the big day and the more the merrier in the crowd as far as we're all concerned.

Hey cheif, keep up the good bowling and please pass on my regards to Yifat Tal. Yifat and Or Ivram are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met (met them at the World Cup last year).

Good luck with the rest of your bowling.....

Back
Top Bottom