Why do you bowl??

i like it ,i met my wife at city bowl 24 years ago in adelaide ,and i take out my agro out on the pins from work ,ive been bowling now for 35yrs started off at 153 avg now have a 200+ avg me. I have meet a lot bowlers over that time many that still see

i like it ,i met my wife at city bowl 24 years ago in adelaide ,and i take out my agro out on the pins from work ,ive been bowling now for 35yrs started off at 153 avg now have a 200+ avg me. I have meet a lot bowlers over that time many that i still see

I bowl for the technical aspect. Bowling is always keeping you thinking about new releases, layouts and patterns. It is something that keeps me interested, especially watching the PBApros and admiring how skilled those guys are.

I bowl for the competition. Competing day in day out against the best in Australia only costs me $200-$400, and each experience you learn just that little bit extra about your own game to help you next time out. How many of us have bowled in a tournament and come back home and shot big scores?

I bowl for the experiences. Travelling interstate, and finding every state has figured their own way out as to how bowling should be. The fun is learning the state, and hope next time you come, you will be good enough to compete on that conditioner pattern.

I bowl for the people. I have met some of the most wonderful people through bowling. From Top bowlers, right through to front counter and cafe staff. From the first year league bowler, who has 1 million and one questions (what are balls made out of, will having my own ball/shoes help my game furthur?) up to the local league bowler who tries your shop for the first time. You learn alot from everyone you meet.

I bowl for the win. This is essential for my enjoyment of the game. If I no longer want to win, I need a rest.

Thanks bowling!

You obviously havent bowled at Cross Rd Bowl.

Me, I like pain.

Nope...only griffith, orange, shoalhaven, and a few in syd

n i like pain too, 39 degrees outside @ 9pm last thursday 42 degrees inside , the air conditioner on the east side of the centre failed, bowling in shirts that weren't designed to let the arm move at all let alone into a back swing.

now that was painful...:D

Its an escape from the wife and kids for a few hours and its so much easier to say "I am going bowling every (insert weeknight here)" as opposed to "Heading down the pub tonight"....thank god bowls are licensed though

-i have so much fun; all my school mates dog me about being a bowler, but they'll get over it.
-i've met so many awesome people; best friend included.
-i bowl for experience; i've learnt so much. i learn something new at league//training everyweek. and i've improved so much.

=]

Because its just what I like to do on a regular basis.
I seem to have my own little world in operation when Im bowling and I suppose Im addicted.

Ive been places I never expected myself to go.
Ive made more friends than Id thought possible.

Over the short amount of time I have been bowling I guess I developed a passion for something that I can do for many years to come.

What a great answer. Bowling is a great "flow" activity. There are those special days when you can just get lost in it. But I agree, Jen; friends, places and passion. I had dinner with Terry Wenban in Brisbane a few nights ago and we agreed that the people were a big reason we came back. Where else do you meet so many good people? (There's a few drop kicks, but I just ignore them!)

And Bec, it's your school mates that are missing out. Poor them!

Back
Top Bottom