Why do you bowl??

Deadman Inc

1990 − 2011. Retired 2012 − 2013. Back Again 2014
Interesting topic I read from another bowling forum

What motivates people to become serious high level bowlers? We get no respect from the general public. We get no recognition as an actual sport that requires skill and coordination. It certainly isn't the money since most bowlers dont even make enough to cover their expenses. Is it pride in doing something well? Is it winning and beating others? Is it the recogntion you get when you walk into the center? Is it just the escape of getting away from the real world for a while?

So... Why do we do it?

for me its because i love competing and smashing over (or fudging over) as many pins as possible and continuing to better my average. wether it be league, practice, tournament, whatever.

It's that simple!!!

For the false belief that I am a bowler, in which, in turn, gives me the false credibility to post $hit on a world wide forum dedicated to the sport for which the false beliefs dwell inside me. ;)

Smile! :D

1- I bowl cause my dr's banned me from physical sports like netball etc... LOL
2- I also do it to promote the sport in a city that has only had a centre in it for 2 years (plus i can't stand soccer, AFL or cricket)
3- i don't know of another sport out here that i can do in an air conditioned room set at 25 degrees while its 43 degrees outside.....

Love the game and trying to steadily improve at something that I can participate in for many years to come (hopefully) with family and friends. It a sport that people of all ages and abilities can enjoy in usually comfortable and safe surroundings.

Opportunity to travel around Australia for bowling events (at least that's my excuse).

Opportunity to represent my State in National tournaments (albeit restricted events at this stage).

I enjoy the mental challenge of adjusting to suit the lane conditions each week and in tournaments and then the physical challenge of putting the ball on the lane in the manner I know I should (does happen occasionally but...oops wrong spot)

Comeraderie with friends made over the years of bowling especially DeVeer/Holt tournaments.

I am not (and may never be) a "high average" bowler but I love bowling and although frustrating at times it is still a great game and I love competing.

Love the sport of Tenpin Bowling
Enjoy Bowling immensely
When I lose the enjoyment, I`ll throw away my Gear and walk away.
Have met some wonderful people and made lifelong
friendships over the years, and that only adds to the enjoyment.
Lawrie

Fame, Fortune and Women!

Lets see...

Fame - Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortune - Other than one particular weekend....... not really

Women - Met my wife bcause of bowling, so I can go along with that one.

Seriously tho'. I feel the need to constantly challenge myself to improve and I can do this with bowling. Its also given me a career, a family and a lifestyle.

Because its just what I like to do on a regular basis.
I seem to have my own little world in operation when Im bowling and I suppose Im addicted.

Ive been places I never expected myself to go.
Ive made more friends than Id thought possible.

Over the short amount of time I have been bowling I guess I developed a passion for something that I can do for many years to come.

1- I bowl cause my dr's banned me from physical sports like netball etc... LOL
2- I also do it to promote the sport in a city that has only had a centre in it for 2 years (plus i can't stand soccer, AFL or cricket)
3- i don't know of another sport out here that i can do in an air conditioned room set at 25 degrees while its 43 degrees outside.....

You obviously havent bowled at Cross Rd Bowl.

Me, I like pain.

Back
Top Bottom