Looking for Brenton Davey?

Cheers Ryan,
I just spoke to Michael from ballistics for an hour he's a champ he's recommend me to get in touch with him for drilling.
I got your thread thanks mate I'm a 22-25kph bowler right handed I aim for second arrow In from the far left and aim to him the 1/2 1/3 pocket. What would you recomend for a ball? All my balls been bought through bowling balls Australia (max) which Mike and I had a chat about god he's dodgy.
Hope you been well mate. I really like the vivid but Mike was saying its great for oily oily lanes.
I admit I'm not too happy with the slingshot at the moment. Looking at storm/r grip balls, they certainly know way there doing and seem the bowlers choice

This is true, the good old strike spot, how we my balls now drilled properly consequently not being able to get enough revs till mid to end lane, working approach is a tad tricky also! No names mentioned invade he's on here but the guy who drille it I now find out is a total dick & he's drilled one of my finger holes right next to the pin (ring finger) and thumb hole direct below not off to the left :-/

I'm a little confused... Theres no problem with drilling one of your fingers near the pin... I have a Roto Grip Nomad Pearl with my ring finger drilled through the pin; no pin on my ball! No problems with it!

I suggest you maybe spend some time researching layouts/reactions/whatever in regards to balls; this may help you. A layout sure does help on ball but it does not determine 100% of how it will perform..

Personally.. Get Brenton to do a fresh drill on a fresh ball; from there, learn what you want to do with your bowling style, revs, etc (maybe some coaching?). Go from there.

I also wouldn't bag people out on a public forum such as this one; unfortunately its not a good way to become popular :)

Have fun!

I'm a little confused... Theres no problem with drilling one of your fingers near the pin... I have a Roto Grip Nomad Pearl with my ring finger drilled through the pin; no pin on my ball! No problems with it!

I think he's saying that he's a back up bowler, so it would be a negative pin (ie. 6-7" from pap or somethin). With backup you should obviously lay it out for a lefty and fit it for a righty. Still, the posts are scary :p

I'm not so certain he is back up. Maybe just standing too far left.

Agree on the coaching part. Start there then move into ball mechanics.

Stealing the thread fo a min
I had a young kid come in for some coaching last night
Bowls Fingertip righthander right down 10 board nice reaction into the 1-3
Bowls backup to pick up a 10 pin?????

Stealing the thread fo a min
I had a young kid come in for some coaching last night
Bowls Fingertip righthander right down 10 board nice reaction into the 1-3
Bowls backup to pick up a 10 pin?????

Does he hit the tenpin?? If he does, and hes consistent then I am all for keeping it! When you are young its often about what seperates you from the other bowlers in your age group. If he can get an awesome looking and effective ten pin spare then good on him/her !

Does he hit the tenpin?? If he does, and hes consistent then I am all for keeping it! When you are young its often about what seperates you from the other bowlers in your age group. If he can get an awesome looking and effective ten pin spare then good on him/her !

Yes, Yes, Yes ! leave that 10pin 'get' alone!

Dave84 said: ↑
I'm a 22-25kph bowler right handed I aim for second arrow In from the far left and aim to him the 1/2 1/3 pocket.
Must be lofting the capping then
http://www.wyncity.com.au/
Come visit our proshop for all your gear and drilling services.
rychenroller, Today at 10:07 AM Report#15LikeReply

What's he mean by lofting?

Outstanding. Backup bowler with no idea which side of the head pin he's trying to hit complaining about a layout. Who'd be a ball driller, seriously.

Robbie B

I am not a back up bowler in fact I'm new to the reactive scene thanks! Complaining about the lay out yes. Because more than 2 people have told me thus far it's not done correctly so I'm just trying find some people who can help me.
& I do know which side of the he's pin I'm aiming for. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom