Greatest Australian Lefty of all time?

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Got to thinking today on who might be classed as Australia's best ever lefty. Female it has to be Cara hands down but how about the mens? Here are the obvious choices, people older than me would have a better idea. Anyone have the stats?

1. Allan Aitken
2. Mark Ramsey
3. Fred Allsop
4. Brenton Davey
5. Steve Lovell
6. Sam Romeo
7. Tony Roderick

My guess is Lovey...... anyone?

Russell Smith, a bit streaky but one of the few people who could square off with Bradford in his prime in a final and take him down. Did it more than once too!!

lets see who else.....

Manning
Murray
Hart
Zambelis

The spelling police are comin around too
Atkins, Davy, Rodrick for gods sake!!!

OK....I'll say it..
George Frilingos is without a doubt, the greatest Australian lefthanded male bowler of all time.

Fred Allsopp for me.He as truly awsome watching him when i was a young bloke, and then bowled against him in STBL a while back.Still got that fluency.

What a bowler!

OK....I'll say it..
George Frilingos is without a doubt, the greatest Australian lefthanded male bowler of all time.

Why do you think he started this thread, reassurance , having a down day george, need to buy some more mirrors in your house!!! :) :)

Gary Jeffery
Eric Miles

both had there good days !!

cheers

Tony

My top 10 Australian Lefties in no particular order are;

1. Tony Roderick
2. Mark Ramsay
3. Steve Hart
4. Steve Lovell
5. Gary Jeffrey
6. Fred Allsop
7. Brenton Manning
8. Brenton Davey
9. Sam Romeo
10. Allan Atkins

Reserves

George Frilingos
Andrew "Lloyd" Webber
Andrew McArthur

My pick with out a shadow of a doubt is FRED FRED FRED FRED FRED FRED ALLSOPP what a great bowler what a true gentleman and might I say was easy on the eyes:p:p:p

In no order

George
Lovey
Fred Allsop
Mark Ramsay
Brenton Davey
Sam Romeo
Tony Roderick
Alan Atkins

If we were looking at entertainment while on the lanes Lovell wins hands down but for pure coolness and stroking class Allsop is my pick.

Jack Kavan - by so far it wasn't funny. But then you need to be very "old" to remember him! But if you must - then for entertainment value alone add - Lovell, Eric Miles and Steve Bell - for good old fashioned heart Romeo - for class George and Fred - for grace to the line Hart - for best "look at me" Roderick ..mind you Zambelis was close - for longevity Davey - for 5 minutes of fame Manning..for the one you'd always want in your team Hamer and probably Alan A too.

David "The bounty hunter" Porto is the greatest left hander to ever grave us with his presence.

That is all.

Im with thumpa n flower - Fred Allsopp , Fred occasionally bowls in my league and im still amazed how well he bowls how smooth and fluent he is .

jonesy

Personally, I don't think GREAT and Left-Hander should be in the same sentence.

I remember saying to another Good Lefty in Colin Mitchell, when we worked together in 1979 at Astro Lanes in Campbelltown, that I thought Sam Romeo, if he learned to spare the 10 pin, could become a Good Bowler, but Colin disagreed with me, I think Sam proved me right.

willey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchester
in which language other than English, is Fred fluent
Hey Wayne

Before criticising someone's use of the English language you may need to check your dictionary
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom