I want to bowl till I'm 80, but without sliding, unsure??

B

bowling_hobbit

Hello all,

To slide or not to slide, that is my question?????

I have somehow developed the planting the foot down in the last 8 months or so, prior to that I had a relatively smoothe slide. I am worried as to my bowling life expectancy with this new unwanted habit that I have somehow acquired (im trying to get back into the slide, but now, it feels very unatural.. Ill keep working).... Basically, what do u fellow think regarding this style/habit.. Will it shorten my bowling life?? My average is also a bit up and down with this planting the sliding foot!! Sob!!

Any help really, really appreciated.... Peace Bowling Hobbit

Re: I want to bowl till I'm 80, but without sliding, unsure?

bowling_hobbit said:
Hello all,

To slide or not to slide, that is my question?????

I have somehow developed the planting the foot down in the last 8 months or so, prior to that I had a relatively smoothe slide. I am worried as to my bowling life expectancy with this new unwanted habit that I have somehow acquired (im trying to get back into the slide, but now, it feels very unatural.. Ill keep working).... Basically, what do u fellow think regarding this style/habit.. Will it shorten my bowling life?? My average is also a bit up and down with this planting the sliding foot!! Sob!!

Any help really, really appreciated.... Peace Bowling Hobbit

I wouldn't worry about it Hobbit, we have an 82 year old female bowler at Richlands and she doesn't "slide" either, doesn't seem to bother her.

I am not much of a "slider" either, just be a bit careful on the Brunswick type of approaches (ie the melamine look) as they can get sticky and once you are conscious of sticking its a realy lottery with your delivery. Good luck

Thanks for the feedback Lefty :wink: ... Had league last night, and well into the second game realised that I really need to kick my non sliding foot right across to give me the best balanced position at the foul line.In the past, I had found my balance to be off, however last night I had a better release, shoulders better aligned with target, and obviously knocked a few pins in the process..

Still wondering about the extra pressure my sliding knee and hip are taking on every delivery?? It cant be good long term...
There must be fellow non sliders out there, love to read your thoughts on this one.. Peace Bowling Hobbit

To slide or not to slide

Feral - I give you a 99% chance of sliding into the graded team this weekend, slide or no slide mate! An I think you are fibbing about your age AGAIN :roll:

Lefty

No kiddin' ma'am, I'm nearly 80 (well closer to that than you are) and I feel rejected. 8) As for the graded team list, what no-one else havin' a go? U beauty!! :p C U in Caboolture next weekend then. \:D/

Feral

Try takin' asmaller first step to help u slide. If that don't work, than forget about it! Cya! :p :p :p

Back
Top Bottom