I want to buy a bowling pin!

Hi Guys,

I have a very unusual request but I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
I'm looking to buy a brand new bowling pin. I'm building a collection of memorabilia from all my favourite sports to put on display in a cabinet and I'd dearly love to have a bowling pin on display.
I've been told several times that bowling pins cost $30 each, but nobody seems willing to order one for me. I don't think they take me seriously. One bowling centre owner kindly offered to give me some old ones for free but I'd much rather pick up a brand new one.
If anyone has one or knows where I can order one or who would be willing to get me one, please let me know either in this thread or in a pm. I'd be truly grateful![-o<

Boston,

Anyone who has worked in a bowl, Im sure has a couple new pins sitting at home...Ask if any are willing to part with one for you...If not I have a couple new AMF Pins I can part with one if required...but I am in Perth, so let me know.

Clint

i can fet you one Boston brand new i will send it of monday it will cost $30.00 + fright just send me a pm if you want it and with your add

I have a brand new Japanese pin (JBC Certified), but sorry dude, just teasing you. It's staying mine! :)

On a more positive note, sounds like an affordable product people could sell from pro shops!

Cheers,
Jason

Rudi from Chermside Pro Shop, Brisbane has them for sale, with a free Columbia logo on them too :S

I also have brand new pins available.. cost is $30 each + postage. But if you want i can try organise pick up..

a bowling pin is technically a 'weapon' so plenty of centres are reluctant to sell them to the public.

Enf...

Hey mate,

Just saw some yesterday on ebay, new and secondhand, just go to the sporting goods section and then bowling lawn/tenpin (don't know how that one works??) but anyway, they were on the second page when I was there.

Regards - Chris

Thanks Vince!

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Vince Pearson of Perth, who supplied me with 2 brand spanking new Twister pins. I received them today and they are proudly displayed in my cabninet alongside my favourite bowling balls.

Cheers Vince! :cool:

Guys,

Since I've been collecting various brands of bowling pins, I was wondering if anyone out there can sell me a brand new Brunswick bowling pin? So far I've had no luck tracking one down. Tonx has kindly been looking into it for me.

If anyone has one for sale, please advise by posting here or sending me a pm.

Thanks in advance :p

Now looking for a brand new AMF Lite II pin. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one, please don't hesitate to advise.

Cheers :grin:

only reason why they dont sell them is cos what auenf said they are classed as a weapon But if ur good with the machine guy they can get you pins i rember when parramatta NSW amf closed i knew the guy and got 10 new AMF pins.9 are kept away and 1 is beside my bed if anyone i dont know breaks in i will crack them with it

I know Mackay Leisure Centre sells pins, but the one's ive seen sold arent new, just old ones to social bowlers etc. But you could contact them maybe.

only reason why they dont sell them is cos what auenf said they are classed as a weapon

I simply can't understand why this would be the case. Who on this earth would consider using a bowling pin as a form of weapon? I mean seriously! You could do 100 times more damage with a baseball bat or kitchen knife. Yet another example of society gone completely mad due to do gooders. [-(

ok sure a bowling pin could be used as a weapon....but so could a lamb chop!

what about other sporting exquiptment? hockey sticks, cricket bats? they are more likely to be used(and thought of by someone intending to do harm) than a bowling pin! it sounds stupid to me not to sell them

it sounds stupid to me not to sell them

I couldn't agree with you more. Anybody who isn't willing to sell a bowling pin to a person who collects them due to it being a potential weapon would have to have rocks in their head. I'm truly thankful to those on this forum who were kind enough and had the common sense to supply me with the pins I've been chasing.

Thanks heaps to Vince, Adam, Matt, and Andrew! ;)

Back
Top Bottom