How Many 300's has your Centre Had

Willey, i think you have it wrong.

The top bowlers aren't going to complain if they cant score, because everybody is bowling on the same condition, the best bowlers are still going to finish at the top regardless of the shot, so why on earth would they complain? Thats right, they wont!

Macca

Yo willey dude..

Where is it that I said anything about the lack of top flight bowlers?
Yes, we need someone that the up and coming bowlers can look up to. It'd be a whole lot easier if the top bowlers could actually make a living at the sport, but that's a whole other thread topic.

The skilled bowlers will always be the ones who finish on top when it's all said and done and the also rans will always be the donators. That's the beauty of our sport. What I advocate is merely a viable way to keep it like that. For without having to "learn" the finer points of bowling and hone your skills, you'll always be an also ran outside of your unearned comfort zone.

PS...You're just pulling stuff outa your rear now. :p

Now what I was alluding to was Wchester was having a go at Milton almost saying you don't need those high average bowlers,you do need those high average bowlers .I can also tell you if thier not happy with the lane conditions and start complaining it's like a cancer spreading through the bowl,very hard to arrest.Thats when these 160-180 bowlers start complaining and threatening to walk out and I've seen them walk out .So if your still following this thread Milton, pander your bowlers if thier not complaining everythings fine.
I will let everyone in on a secret if you want to eliminate the reactive resin balls than take the oil off,they don't work without oil,the oil patterns we currently run now are 400% more than 10 years ago,so don't increase decrease.
As for this notion that we go 3:1 ala Youth Cup,Ive tried it, the lanes are easier.This is what they refer to in the US as "ICE MAT"as long as the back-ends are clean you can score.But then my lanes are considered dry by those "top" bowlers.Further on the 3:1 pattern, I know they are having a little difficulty in setting it up at Bennetts,to be on the safe side the 3:1 pattern ends up closer to 2:1,as AMF centres don't have Kegels.So if they have to go to 2:1 than were going to get 1:1,than after a bit of bowling you have a reverse block,that should kill the scores.
To Mr Macdonald if the top bowlers come out on top anyway, than whats wrong with some decent scoring along the way ,I know I like watching good bowling,or would you rather see people kicking ball returns out of frustration,because the lanes are so tight thier leaving 8-10's in the pocket.As for this theory we need to toughen up our bowlers to compete overseas,we need to remember that some of these Country's don't really know how to dress lanes,just ask Jason Doust about his experience in the World Cup in China.
willey.

To Mr Macdonald if the top bowlers come out on top anyway, than whats wrong with some decent scoring along the way ,I know I like watching good bowling,or would you rather see people kicking ball returns out of frustration,because the lanes are so tight thier leaving 8-10's in the pocket.As for this theory we need to toughen up our bowlers to compete overseas,we need to remember that some of these Country's don't really know how to dress lanes,just ask Jason Doust about his experience in the World Cup in China.

That's Mr Micky McDonald thank you!

Sure high scores are nice, but our top bowlers are representing our country for FIQ etc, there not putting out ditched house shots over there, these are tough patterns, these boys need to bowl on difficult shots everywhere, as an Australia supporter you should be wanting our bowlers to be the best they can, right? Don't tell me Im wrong because I know im not on this specific topic.

High scores are fun, high scores dont make bowlers win medals on FIQ shots against Asian countries that practise on those type of shots ALL THE TIME.

Michael

Moonah now has its 13th perfect game after Simon Gourlay shoots one in Centre League tonight :D

sunraysia:9 , bendigo:1 , moonah:13 , mayfield:33 , noarlunga: 13 , manhattan superbowl:33 , melton:3 , richlands: 15 , sale&area supabowl:2 , woden:18 , canberra international:7 , illawara:20 , fairfield:7 , launceston: 15 , burnie bowl:11 , devonport:8 , cannington:10 , gardencity lanes:2 , fairlanes:37 , rosemount:5 , warwick:1 , osbourne:6 , midland:2 ,morley:6 , cragie:2 , kelmscott:4 , rockingham:2 , mandurah:1 , geraldton:1 , caboolture:147 , ashmore:3 , werribe:11 , ed flemmig:43 , mt gambier:2 , bankstown:28 , nerang:27 , labrador:9

that's what i got out of the posts, if I have made a mistake correct me

CURRENT TOTAL TO DATE

Queensland: 253
{Caboolture: 147, Milton: 34, Nerang: 27, Richlands: 15, Kedron: 13, Labrador: 9, Ashmore: 3, Toowoomba: 2, Clayfield: 2 (to 1988), Mt Isa: 1 (to 1988)}

New South Wales: 225
{Blacktown: 40, Mayfield: 33, Liverpool/Manhattan: 33, Bankstown: 28, Orange: 21, Bennett's Green: 15, Grafton: 13, Illawarra: 10, Rockdale: 9 (to 1988), Leichardt: 8 (to 1988), Rushcutter: 6 (to 1988), Fairfield: 7, Balgowlah: 2 (to 1988)}

Western Australia: 79
{Fairlanes: 37, Cannington: 10, Osborne Park: 6, Morley: 6, Rosemount: 5, Kelmscott: 4, Craigie: 2, Midland: 2, Rockingham: 2, Melville: 1, Geraldton: 1, Warwick: 1, Mandurah: 1}

Victoria: 78
{Ed Fleming Moroolbark: 43, Werribee: 11, Sunraysia: 9, Chadstone: 4 (to 1988), Mentone: 3 (to 1988), Melton: 3, Sale: 2, Footscray: 2 (to 1988), Bendigo: 1}

Tasmania: 47
{Launceston: 15, Moonah: 13, Burnie: 11, Devonport: 8}

Aust. Capital Territory: 28
{Woden: 18, Canberra International: 7, Olympic: 3 (to 1988)}

South Australia: 31
{Noarlunga: 13, Woodville: 9 (to 1988), Norwood: 5 (to 1988), Mt Gambier: 2, Cross Road: 1 (to 1988), City Bowl: 1 (to 1988) }

Northern Territory: 3
{Alice Springs Dustbowl: 2 (to 1988), Darwin: 1 (to 1988).

Results as per posts on this thread.

I will post for Bennetts Greens 300 games from memory (they used to have a list on all the monitors,but they got new monitors and nobody thought to write down all the honour scores) but up till I left working there in 1998 they had 11 300's and I only know of 4 300's since,so unless someone has more info thats a total of 15 300's.
willey.

I just thought i would had this to the topic.

Grafton has 13 = 300s and Ashely Clarke has been bowling very good the last couple of weeks with a 298 it was 2 weeks ago and a 299 on thursday night and Geoff Heath a local bowler bowled a 289 . I reakin there should be a 14th on the way very soon.

I just thought i would had this to the topic.

Grafton has 13 = 300s and Ashely Clarke has been bowling very good the last couple of weeks with a 298 it was 2 weeks ago and a 299 on thursday night and Geoff Heath a local bowler bowled a 289 . I reakin there should be a 14th on the way very soon.

2 more fot Illawarra Striikezone. Michael Batey, and Jamie Kyriacou(i had a go at spellin' it).

Moonah today had its 14th in 42 years - Ashley Riley shooting 300 on Lanes 1&2 during the VIP Classic.

Back
Top Bottom