Record number of 300s?

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Just wondering if Ashmore could be classed as Australia's toughest centre. In the 15 years it has been open only 3 x 300 games have been bowled. Does any centre boast a harsher record?

I believe Werribee in Victoria has had 1 x 300 EVER in its existance. Cant tell you how long it has been open for.

However, rumour has it a kegel machine is on its way there. Wonder how long it will take for its second.

Kempsey bowl. NSW. Has never had a 300 bowled im pretty sure the highest game is 298 ..in its entire existance ... im not sure how long it has been open but it has been a long time ( all u gotta do is look at it to find that out)

the old geelong bowl was open for 24 years, 1 300 game, and geelong hosted some of the best players in australia through its entirety, and geelong was a high scoring house.

i believe garden city lanes in toowoomba qld would come close to that record... after XX number of years of business, there's only been the one 300 bowled, only about 1 month ago or so if i recall.

Morley Bowl in Perth opened in 1975 and as far as I'm aware has only had 2 x 300 games. One by Steve Hart and the other by Deb Baldock and these games were only bowled in the last few years.
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
Baron

Hey Baron

Dont think Greg "Tiny" Byrne would be too happy with you forgetting his perfecto at the tree trunk house

I think it was in 2000 ad bowled on a Monday night in the 4's league

I am trying to rattle the ole brain as i thought there had been one other?
Have to think about it for awhile

Down here in Nowra NSW we've only got one 300 on lane 1. It was bowled by one of the current owners of the centre, Peter Robinson.
Although, our lanes are so easy I dont know why there hasnt been another
icon_wink.gif

Good Luck & High Scoring
Big B

Yes Folks we have had only one 300 in our centre (Werribee Superbowl). We actually have a microchip inserted in the pins to stop this from becoming a bad habit. (They can be purchased on the internet at www.tenpinbowling.net) I hear other centres have the OTHER microchip which enables a multitude of 300's (is that right Caboolture? haha).

We don't know how long we have been opened but we think it was 1984 (14 lanes at that stage) We go by family pregnancies to monitor that. David Porto was a twinkle in Doriana's eye that year.

Yes, the Kegel is on order and no family members pregnant so we will need to write that date down. Although Julianne (our sister) did just have a baby.

We welcome all 300's by the way! Especially with the inception of the Western Superleague.

Edi

Thanks Craig,

that's the year Doriana had Melissa (the pregnancy thing again)so you are probably right.

I'll have to look up the details in the Banner newspaper for more info.

Edi

Bendigo Bowl (Dragon City)
One 300 game bowled in 1998 by a 160-170 average bowler.

Chances of one in the near future?
NOT BLOODY LIKELY

gambier lanes has 2 to its record, the first bowled by shane gifford (when he had hair) in Jan 90, the second bowled by Matty Cutting. there has been a third that the locals will claim, alan day, but not sanctioned. i doubt there will be any others.
icon_cool.gif

the bowl has been open since the picture theatre closed about 25-30 years ago

Edi,
me dad was sayin to me that it used to be 2 bucks a game at werribee on satdays 2.. but that was a long time ago he says (he is pretty old)
wish it was still like that!!

Jess Ryan

Moonah Bowl in Hobart was opened on October 30 1962 and took almost 26 years before registering its first perfect game one cold winter's night in 1988 by Paul Lucock.
So far I believe there have been nine officially sanctioned 300's at Moonah.
There would also be a number non-sanctioned 300's shot in the centre.
The old Mornington Tenpin which operated from 1984-1992 never had any sanctioned 300's shot in it...although I did hit a perfect there with 10-brooklyns in a practice game there one night not long before it shut.

hmm just out of interest could the fact that not many 300's bowled in a centre not just mean that hard conditions and hard centre but the quality of bowler isnt all that high?

just wonderin....

Luko

Greetings all, down here in sunny Bunbury we have never had a 300 the highest game being a 289 by Geoff (Wooly) Stevenson about 3 years ago i think? for those of you who know Wooly, he is still here and still a pain in the arse at times.
Bunbury opened in 1981,so 20 odd years is a fair time to be waiting for a perfecto,
I believe it is not a case of the Centre being any tougher than any other, but more a case of being a regional centre, we do not have the Lineage of the metro centres hence conditions tend to be set up more for their original purpose (to protect the lane surface) rather than be set up to achieve consistantly high scores.
This has progressively changed down here over the years with a more even condition now being the norm. So who knows some down soon we may have our first?

Back
Top Bottom