House shots

Ive just been wondering, does it cost a lot for a centre to put down a heavy lane condition, compared to putting down a light oil condition?

everyone knows you cant bowl on oil anyways..hehe just kidding...

other than the use of more oil....but you get a lot of ball return problems with a lot of oil and social bowlers..i think the only way a centre will lay a heavy pattern is if they laid one pattern for the big scoring leagues...and a different one for others...

Yea, i understand the ball return problems, im just getting tired on bowling of light conditions, then when it comes to tournaments trying to move something on heavy/medium conditions. Its always good when you see in junior leagues kids throwing darts cause they cant keep a ball on the lane.

Yeah your right you do get alot of problems with ball returns for socials, but what our centre does is clean all the house balls in the centre, yes thats right all of them :( lol and that way you can still put down a good condition for all your league bowlers, and everyone is happy in the long run

Ducati 851 said:
i think the only way a centre will lay a heavy pattern is if they laid one pattern for the big scoring leagues...and a different one for others...

Correct, I know a centre that has 2 leagues on at the same night. The first league has lanes 1 to 8 and the second league had 9 to 20. They only oiled 9 to 20 due to the 2nd league had higher avg bowlers who needed oil, when asked why they dont oil the whole house, the reply was" they dont need it, there only straight bowlers."
This is obviously trying to save money on oil. The problem is if a lane breaks down and you have to move, what about the end that has no oil????????

here's a suggestion if you want to learn to bowl on heavy oil and learn to bowl well on it. bowl with your plastic ball right in the niddle of the lane, there will be more than enough oil there to create a great heavy oil shot, and yes your scores will suffer huge in the beginning but i garuntee that they will come right up and you will posting some decent sets in no time. yes it does suck bowling with a plastic ball cause it doesnt look as cool as a reactive but that one plastic ball can create alot of different patterns for you to play on, even on the easy house shot

griggsy said:
here's a suggestion if you want to learn to bowl on heavy oil and learn to bowl well on it. bowl with your plastic ball right in the niddle of the lane, there will be more than enough oil there to create a great heavy oil shot, and yes your scores will suffer huge in the beginning but i garuntee that they will come right up and you will posting some decent sets in no time. yes it does suck bowling with a plastic ball cause it doesnt look as cool as a reactive but that one plastic ball can create alot of different patterns for you to play on, even on the easy house shot

Excellent advice Griggsy! Use the "20 board wide lane" approach! You plastic ball will also tell you when you didn't catch enough of it to carry. Remember the old Russian Army saying - "Hard training, easy battle. Easy training, hard battle."

The actual cost of the oil is laughably small. An extra $10 for the whole house should provide enough oil to swamp most bowlers. However, the oiling machine may not be in good enough condition to lay the pattern. As for problems with heavier oil and ball return problems, that's a crock. If the centre is cleaned regularly, it won't be a problem.
Can't put in a clever statement like Jason but can say:
Lazy, lack of maintenance = lots of breakdowns.

Sumo
I plan to live forever ...............or die trying

Back
Top Bottom