Do you think it is fair?

B

barb

Do you think it is fair/right that when a bowling alley holds a tournament
and it doesn't get the turn out that it thought it would, that the first place getter receives cash/voucher worth less then it actually cost to go in the tournament? :confused:

Are you serious? That's a disgrace.. Where was this?
A Bowling alley in Brisbane.
It was a juniors event. We turned up at 9:30 am for check in to be told that the time had changed to 1:30pm 2 weeks before hand.
We are there 4 days out of the week and we weren't told :mad:

They let him bowl then and would put his score in with the other juniors that came to bowl later that day.
Came back to alley 2 days later to be told that he won, but because no other juniors turned up he only recieved a $10 gift voucher, it cost me over $20 to put him in it :mad:

I think that if the centre can't get their act together and get more bowlers involved then that is their problem.

That is terrible, the least they could have done was give you your money back.

Do you think it is fair/right that when a bowling alley holds a tournament
and it doesn't get the turn out that it thought it would, that the first place getter receives cash/voucher worth less then it actually cost to go in the tournament? :confused:

Probably not but entirely predictable...depends on what the entry cost was and the amount of entries. Say 3 bowlers pay $20 to play 3 games. Centre takes $5 a game which leaves $15. Say hello to your first prize.

A Bowling alley in Brisbane.
It was a juniors event. We turned up at 9:30 am for check in to be told that the time had changed to 1:30pm 2 weeks before hand.
We are there 4 days out of the week and we weren't told :mad:
They let him bowl then and would put his score in with the other juniors that came to bowl later that day.
Came back to alley 2 days later to be told that he won, but because no other juniors turned up he only recieved a $10 gift voucher, it cost me over $20 to put him in it :mad:
I think that if the centre can't get their act together and get more bowlers involved then that is their problem.

Well the communication there is really the issue. The rest can be explained by simple lineage fees. Shows a bit of disinterest by the centre really.

Isn't it the case where if there are less bowlers, the higher the prize money?:confused:

I know it isn't "their fault" that it wasn't a good turn out, but I just don't think it is fair, its a business, sometimes you just have to run some things at a lose to be fair.

My son was the only one that made an effort and turned up(I'm still proud of him for winning :p ) so he should be rewarded a bit more then a $10 voucher, that is my opinion anyway.

Yes, it simply said a gift voucher. I guess I just expected a little more then $10 for first place, as first place was the only prize and I paid more then that for him to enter, Iykwim?

I love all the staff at this centre, I just wish things were organised a bit better I guess.;)

Look on the bright side....

* He got three practise games for $10;
* He won his first tournament; and
* He has a $10 voucher!

:)

AMF Cross Rd Bowl ran 3 roll-offs for S.A. Cup spot.

4 Games for $30.00.

1st Prize. Free Entry S.A. Cup. Cost $260.00.

First 2 roll-offs had 8 Bowlers each.

you do the maths.

Still paid the free spot.

if there are less bowlers, where does the prizemoney come from??
think before you speak.

I'm sorry but I have been in tournaments/competitions that have still given the advertised prize money/prizes no matter how many bowlers.

I was coming at the angle that you had more chance of winning the money/prizes with less bowlers in the tournament.

I did not express myself correctly.

I guess you still would have had to pay game rates out of your entry fee and the rest was for the prizefund, $10 for the voucher. Was it an AMF centre?

Yes, it was.

I am over it now, they are both competing again this month so hopefully it is a better turn and one of my boys win :p

Back
Top Bottom