What do you think about.......???

I am so sorry Steve for affecting your game at Rachuig and any other team member for that matter. Yes I am the one who whinged and complained, but never, while the team was bowling. I was behind the team 100% with heart & voice for three days. I also would have been happy to sit on the bench for three days if the team as a whole was performing. As the results show, we were not, not at the level required. What's still ringing in my ears is 'every bowlers is equal in this team, and will be given the chance to prove it' (a quote from our coach). Silly me. I believed him. You cant prove yourself if not given a chance.
Maybe if my dad was coach, I might have got some more games???

Yours in bowling
Barry Park :)

As much i respect you Barry, i do believe that the last sentence in you post is totally uncalled for. That is not fair on the coach or the bowler.

lol... well this sports neva gonna change its always gonna be such a wonderful b!tchfest and its funny coz as an observer you can deem it all as quite pathetic... managers having push and shove matches to show the machoness... bowlers having gripes with other bowlers having parents as coaches... and ppl wonder why we cant get new bowlers half the time... why pay money to get the same sort of entertainment you can see on jerry springer for free...
just my opinion

Katherine :fadein:

Ah Barry Barry Barry,

A famous man once said "It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". This time you have proven once and for all what an A1, Top Shelf Moron you really are.

Now let's look at the facts;

Currently it is required that for a person to Coach a Rachuig team they must be qualified to a Level 2 or higher standard. Presently there are only 3 such people in NQ. Now seeing as John Carr was coaching the NQ Women, and Peter Finitsis had coached the Walter Deveere the week before that really only left my Dad. Unless you have a better suggestion ???

Now I have to say, that I take great offence to your inference that I only got the number of games that I did because my Dad was the Coach (Especially when it comes from a half wit who has barely made a cut in a tournament in the last 3 years).

Maybe if you stopped crying long enough, you could take a look at my statistics for Rachuig and see that I bowled;

16 games (12 x 200+ and 4 x 180+)

My Low Game was 181

My High Game was 235

My overall average was 210.

Now this put me 11th on overall averages for the Rachuig Tournament, and 1st on averages for the NQ Mens Team. Another interesting statistic is that over my last 10 games of Rachuig I missed a total of 4 frames (Did you actually hit the 1-3 pocket this many times in your 5 games ????)

So perhaps you could explain to me exactly how my Dad acted improperly or showed me favouritism, by allowing me to bowl 16 games ??? Or if that question is a bit too hard for your little pea-brain to comprehend, let me outline my two most embarrassing moments from Rachuig;

1. Our buffoon of a Manager trying to start a fight with another bufoon of a Manager over a ridiculously trivial matter.

2. A bowler who every time the selection process went against him cracked a Hissy Fit and stormed off, before eventually returning to support the team (Yes that's right - YOU !!!!)

Barry, in closing I am a really laid back guy who is easy to get along with, but when idiots like you make accusations of impropriety and favouritism (that are completely untrue and unfounded), that really gets my back up. Most of the team selections were made by my Dad, Sam (Captain) and Jim (Your mate and Manager), so does that mean that they acted improperly as well, or is the real issue that you simply don't like myself or my Dad???

Steve Hunt

PS In case Impropriety is too big a word for you - it means improper action or behaviour!!!!!

Once again I find myself saying sorry.
That last line was not aimed at you Steve. Far from it, I was very impressed with your bowling in Townsville.
It is just my total frustration and belief that it was not my bowling efforts that kept me out of the team.
Getting one game in the first 2 days then being told not to bother warming up with the team on day 3 (which was the only time I felt like a team member) was, I felt, the lowest moment in this years Rachuig for me.
Yes I should have phrased that last line better, but I dont know many big words, & I will not resort to personal verbal abuse as you have.
Once again, sorry it came out sounding that you were being favoured, that was not my aim. :oops:

Barry Park.

I see most of the discussion so far on this topic revolves around the minimum number of games, size of teams etc. I have something else to add.

I reckon the Rachuig tornament has turned into a bit of a farce. Think about it, 3 games in the morning on fresh conditions then a nice lunch break then another three games in the afternoon on fresh conditions again.

The tournament has always been dubbed as the toughest team competition in the world (probably) but with this new format it is a bit of a laugh.

Whats happened to bowling straight through, no lunch break, no fresh conditions. This is what made the tournament tough. Being able to adjust to changing conditions and being relatively fit, both mentally and physically, to handle the intense competition was what made a good Rachuig bowler.

Just my thoughts. What do you all think?

Bye for now.

Yeh lets bowl the straight 6 games. Perhaps then we would be proving which plastic ball hooked the least. My suggestion is to save lineage and bowl the last game in the carpark and use that money to go towards the first one at the bar.

Have we have all turned into wimps............or have we got a little smarter ?

AF

With todays equipment, I can't see that possible. I for one, resorted to using a polished urethane Hammer, which almost created sparks through the heads. At the end of the 3rd game, it was very close to bowling on dry, crusty toast.

Until somebody comes up with an "conditioner free" lane, it's something you're going to have to get used to.

Back to the original subject.... no game requirement...

If you make Rachuig and get 2 games, it might just give you a little inspiration to practise and improve. Being my rookie year, my expectations was to maybe get 10 games, with more being a bonus (ended up bowling 16/18 ).... even with only 6 bowlers in our team. The fact that I got as many games as I did, I would like to think that the work that I did in the lead up to the tournament helped me.

Just my 1/2 cents worth.

Andrew Frawley said:
My suggestion is to save lineage and bowl the last game in the carpark and use that money to go towards the first one at the bar.

Count me in...

Perhaps a rookie of the year award to the bowlers who have never played before based on avg, sportsmanship and behaviour. As for bowling in the carpark, come on frawls by 5 games I've probably moved about 2 boards on the left. With plenty to spare :)

I'm definetly bowling Rachuig in 2004, this is just too much fun to miss out on :D

Back
Top Bottom