Big names set to come down under in October

$25,000 for 1st will tend to do that........

Given you are in KL at the moment, I assume you have been talking to a few people there.........

I think they will come from everywhere in Aust too for that type of money.

Yes it is a poor promotion and a waste of money
Someone will turn up from overseas and win $25K
That will help promote Bowling in Australia wont it

We should be spending that $25K on sponsoring
several Junior & Youth tourn and development
for the future

Just my thoughts

im sure the overseas bowlers would love to stop off in wilmott for a few hot ones lol on the way to $25g's

this sort of cash should have been distributed through the reshuffle of national events to enhance the top end and create desperately needed publicity to attract the youth and junior talent in the future. something to aspire and work towards.

that would have been far more intelligent and appropriate distribution of funds me thinks!

My understanding of the sponsorship dollars from AMF was that it was previously spread out amongst all the other tournaments, this was clearly not working with dwindling tournament attendance so they went the other way and chucked it all at one tournament that they are hoping will attract the quality and quantity everyone is looking for? Will it work in the long term who knows but if it attracts international attention and even a little bit of media that cant hurt can it? Some of the other tournaments have been picked up by private sponsorship others haven't there is not much money out there these days for little or no return...

My understanding of the sponsorship dollars from AMF was that it was previously spread out amongst all the other tournaments, this was clearly not working with dwindling tournament attendance so they went the other way and chucked it all at one tournament that they are hoping will attract the quality and quantity everyone is looking for? Will it work in the long term who knows but if it attracts international attention and even a little bit of media that cant hurt can it? Some of the other tournaments have been picked up by private sponsorship others haven't there is not much money out there these days for little or no return...

If your understanding is right, It's probably pretty good thinking - and innovative, so let's not knock it.
As for remarks like this "Yes it is a poor promotion and a waste of money
Someone will turn up from overseas and win $25K
That will help promote Bowling in Australia wont it ?"

It's UP TO US to see the money stays here, bloody well bowl better!!

There will be male and female high profile bowlers arriving from this event, from at least 5 different countries that I know of and have been able to confirm :) That's all I can reveal just now

Probably in Sydney... for the Masters.

I think it's excellent that we are attracting so many international players. There is so much more to gain from this opportunity, but it's the Australian Bowling public that can truly make this a one off flop, or a highly memorable event for everyone involved. I hope we make an effort and make it one of the best events this country has ever seen... Then we might just see some more.

Cow

George...are you trying to be the "pbaagent" of the Totalbowling board? C'mon Mr Insider, why not tell the readers what you know ( think you know) lol

seeing george talking to these big names it looks like osku palermaa, dominic barrett, carolyn dorin ballard, kelly kulick

and when news spreads of the prizefund even bigger names will be attracted to come participate

Just take a look at the High Quality bowlers who bowled Malaysian Open and you should be able to figure it out

Trust me I don't want any of the guys from overseas to come, the girls, why not :) If they are coming down here they all can play. They all have International resumes longer than your arm. I'll give you 2 countries for now, Denmark and USA.

Back
Top Bottom