Your first 600 series?

mb600

I'm pretty new to this website.

So allow me to introduce myself, my name is Matthew and i live in Wauchope NSW.

What i would like to know is when most of you bowled your first 600 series.

I'm asking this question because i havent bowled one yet i have come close on several occasions, most recently this past Monday night (October 29th) with a 596 series.

In case anyone would like to know my 5 best series are:

599, 596, 594, 592, 590.

The first one in that list is the hardest one to take, as i didnt know i bowled the 599 until after i had finished my 3 games that day.

To make me feel even more uneasy about ever bowling over 600, the guy who works behind the counter at my local bowling alley, always makes an announcement over the microphone that i have CHOKED yet again in regards to bowling a 600 series, he mentioned it a total of 3 times on Monday night which really got on my nerves.

Can anyone please give me some advice i would greatly appreciate it.

My first 600 series is within reach, i just have to take it one week at a time.

Hi mat
your first 600 will be not to far away keep up the nice bowling
and about the counter staff just let him know that it up sets you and he may think twice about bagging you out so much
cheers julie

i think my 1st was in my 2 year of bowling so when i was 15 can't really remember. Mate just keep on trying and it will just come try not to think about it to much and you will succeed

I went through a similar phase in 1980 when I started. Then when I did shoot 600, it was almost 700. 698 to be precise. Many years later, i shot 800 in league before I shot 700. The 700 came following week.

When it comes it willo come easy.

Keep trying and good luck.

Hey mate I've been bowling since I was about 11 (26 now) I had alot of time away from the sport while I was playing football but started it back up about 3 years ago and actually taking it a bit more serious. I have only ever bowled 2 600 series' in my home center but many more at different tournaments around victoria including a 697 at Nationals a couple of weeks ago.
Our center at home has been very tough to bowl on in past years with a top average in the center at about 190 ish. We've since tried to make the condition a bit more consistant.

Stick at it mate 600 is just around the corner and don't be turned off entering in different tournaments when you can. If you have patience the better opposition can teach you alot.

I have been bowling for the last 3 years and prior had 2 years off then only bowled another 3 years previously. Enough history

Oh yeah I'm a lefty too bowling with a Black Widow 15 lb - Average 154

I bowled my first 600 series last week - on 22nd October 2007 in SALE
1st game 195 (missed 7 pin in 10th frame)
2nd game 208
3rd game 210
total 613

As for the Centre - forget about it. Just remember when you do get it, smile and think to yourself that you did it. Don't give them the satisfaction by getting upset.. As in Madagascar (the peguins) "Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave"...

It will come and it will be a big one too!!!

hey mate,

590 are good scores for 3 games. first must ask what is your current ave, i guessing you bowl out of port mac.

As the guys above have said it will come in time and when it does nothing will stop you, best i can say is dont worry about scores just bowl and have fun, as for guy behind counter, stuff him and when u do crack it tell him where to stick it lol.

I have been bowling since 1988, took me 4yrs to finally do it now i bowl them with my eyes closed.

cheers
peter

Matthew

Sounds like you are around the mark - 255 high game :cool: - 7 strikes in arow :D. Try not to focus on the 600 mark it will come pretty soon. I find the harder you focus on a number like 600 the less you focus on the game itself. Just take one ball at a time - easlier said then done.

As for the putz behind the counter - use it to focus on your goal - don't let him get to you, he sounds like a complete tosser anyway.

Good luck

Dave.

Hi Matthew

My first 600 i was like you, getting really close but just not getting there but mine came when i bowled my highest game at that time of 268 in the last game and gave me a series of about 630.

It will come just keep doing what you are doing and dont worry about it too much

As the for the staff, as all the others have said dont worry about what they are saying

Brad

My first came when i subbed for a friend and bowled 218,183,218 = 619
It took me a few weeks after that to do it in my own league:D

advice umm just bowl. 600s aint that good u will bowl one.but if u are to concerned about it.it will never come.

go with the flow.

the only advice I can think of is to say try not to work out what your total score is as you are going. you will find it easier that way I think. before I had shot my first 600 I was always adding the first and second game up so I knew what I had to get in the last to make it. this puts pressure on you to shoot the that score and if you happen to miss a spare etc you get deflated and nervous and so on. just let it happen and try not to look at the scores to often.

I was lucky because when I shot my first 200 I shot 600. cant remember exact scores as it was too long ago but I remember how it felt to watch other people do it when I was so close. let me tell you though that once you get there it gets a lot easier to shoot them. good luck and I hope it aint far away for ya.

soon you will be asking about the magic 700 mark.

Thank you to all for your kind words and advice.

I'll take everyones advice on board and i will let you all know when i bowl a 600 series.

By the way my best game of 255 was bowled in a local tournament in Port Macquarie and not in my usual monday night league at the same centre.

in other words the 599 series i bowled doesn't include the 255 game.

Hey Mate,

My First 600 Series Took me AGES to get,
I have been bowling for 7 years. and I was 3 years in before i bowled it...

Just Keep your Focus. It WILL Come in good Time....

Keep up the good Work

Your 600 will come buddy, focus on it, just don't over due yourself by checking what your combined score is. It takes time to get to that mark, I'v been bowling for around 5 or 6 years now and i only got my first one last year. Had a couple more after that, now it doesn't really bother me.

I had to sit and think as to when my first 600 was. About 1976 at Essendon Bowl in the Tuesday night singles league. 4 games head to head. Bowled 601 for the first 3. Was against the Great and i do mean Great Ruth Guerster (forgive me ruth if i have mispelt your surname).

The best advise i can give you is to concentrate on the process not the result. If you do most things right the scores will take care of themselves. As for the moron behind the counter i would ask if the microphone would fit where the sun don't shine.

Phil

I think my first 600 series was about 6 years ago when i was 12, i had like 5x 597 series a couple of 598 series of course those terrible 599 series. Then one night i put 3 consistent games together and bowled a 632 series, in the end i wasn't even thinking about it. Just talking with my team mates and it just all fell into place.

I'm sure u will get yours soon, once u get 1 they will just keep coming.
(like 700 series for me now)

goodluck

Zac Krebbekx

You'll get there when you're least expecting it.
As other have said, head down, bum up and just bowl your game the best you can and try not to take notice of the scores, just concentrate all your energy on how you're throwing the ball and making all your spares.
Like you, I had a long run of 590's with at least five 599's before I toppled the 600 mark when I was about 12 or 13 - I was the most excited kid alive when I finally cracked it. :p
Had a similar run with trying to get 700 too, had about eight 699's before I smashed it in a tournament one day in the early 90's and shot close to 780.
Now I'm trying to get that elusive 800, had it in practice but not in anything that counts yet - one day - hopefully!

Good luck with it and stick with it, it'll come.

PS: Wouldn't worry about the counter driver, not worth the bother dealing with him.
If he's gonna continue to gob off at ya, just tell him to shoe-up or shut up.

My first 600 series was 237 185 199 totaled 621.

That one before that is 599 series.

I can predict that you are not far away from you first 600 series mate.

Just keep going!!

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom