Your first 600 series?

Hey Matt,

like RHs rule300
im a young bowler.. im only 14
but once a coach told me, "take your game a frame at a time" Say you have a 9 and its the 5 pin, and you miss... let it go.. focus on your next delivery.. because if you spend time worrying about what happened in the past.. you will put yourself off.. Don`t rush yourself...

When The Time Is Right.. It Will Happen!

Not much to say since last time i posted something on this topic.

I still havent bowled the series yet but tonight im bowling against my old team, which im looking forward to only because i bowled with them for quite a few years and i loved every minute of it, so bowling against them is always enjoyable for me.

Im not letting the fact i have missed out on bowling a 600 series on several occassions bother me too much anymore.

It will come eventually.

The 2 lanes ill be bowling on tonight have special memories for me as i bowled my first 200 game (225) and my first 5-bagger on those lanes 12 years ago this week (March 8th).

Well i failed last week but tonight i'm confident that ill bowl pretty good.

As i mentioned last week and also in another topic disussion, it's been 12 years since i first bowled over 200 and every year when that milestone in my life comes around i always seem to bowl good.

So i'm looking forward to tonight.

Just one 200 game will be ok for me tonight and if i bowl a 600 series it will make it even better.

Good luck mate. Hit those lanes like you never have before. Don't think about hitting the milestone, it will come naturally!

I've been a bit inconsistent over the last few weeks but for the last 2 weeks i've bowled a couple of 500 series which have helped keep my average around the 165-170.

At least i know that i can bowl games around the 170 mark on a consistent basis.

And with all the other great things i have done in this sport over the last couple of years only one thing is mising for me and most of you would know what that is.

I haven't thought about bowling a 600 series lately but after going to Sydney this past weekend to see CELINE DION i'm feeling very good before i go bowling tonight.

If you keep focusing on this goal of 600 so much, it will be harder to achieve. Instead, focus on the things that will 'result' in a 600 series, good deliveries & good technique. Taking your frames one at a time will help you focus on your bowling instead of your result, & who knows, you may just end up with a 600 series in the end.

A few years ago, I seemed to be like this. It took a while for me to realise that anytime I 'wanted' to bowl a high score, I would bowl pretty bad... let it come naturally! If you're not achieving your goals, you need to step back & ask your self what isn't working. & instead of looking at the bigger picture, only mind whats happening here & now, not 7 frames later. =)

Wow. It's been fun reading your plight for the 600 series.
It's easy for people to say relax but each time you get up there you must be thinking about it.
I can't remember my first 600 series and I don't know whether that is good or bad - I would have thought that it would be something i would remember, but after a while it just blends in. Don't throw to much weight behind hitting it. You are bowling consistently and so long as the average is improving on the way what's the problem - it will happen. Tonight I bowled a 202 then a 235, at this point I wasn't thinking about series or anything, just want to post another decent game. My last was a 273 - when we added the sheet I realised I had just bowled my first 700 series and my highest game.

There isn't really any advice to give - just stay happy and bowl happy!

Failing that - get a new ball. Maybe this ball has had it's day and it's time for something a little more agressive to carry those strikes.

Good Luck with it Matthew
Cheers
Pauline

congratulations to Anne Kirby who bowled her first ever 600 series last night at Aspley - and flogged her old man in the process!!:D

It does happen, just keep perseveering and don't focus on the numbers, concentrate on the pins!

Oops I did it again.

Tonight was one of my best nights for a while: 202,188, 153. 543 series.
I went into the last game believing i could bowl a 600 series but things just didnt go my way.

I bowled the same way i had been bowling all night and the pins just wernt falling when i needed them to. The only consolation in the 3rd game was i had 45 in the 5th frame and ended up bowling 153. The end result might have looked bad to me but i though it was a good recovery considering my first 5 frame were, 9:-, 7:2, 7:2, 8:1, 7:2.

That and a couple of other people werejoking that they were taking bets whether or not i would bowl a 600 series.

But its now done and dusted. There is always next week to look forward to.

I have figured out why i have been bowling a bit inconsistent lately and tnogiht i changed my action a little bit and it worked pretty well.

Ive just got to block out the fact that people behind me say i need "xxx" pins in my last game to bowl a 600 series. And believe me i'm trying to not think about it myself.

It will come eventually.

Hi Matt. It took me 2 years to bowl my first 600. and it was only just a 600...603. I didnt bowl my first 200 for 2 years either. dont stress about it too much. It will come around when its time. in the mean while if you are sittting on a good series dont think about it too much or you will "choke".

I'm feeling good tonight.

I celebrated my 28th birthday last friday so naturally im feeling better about bowling tonight.

Also just so i dont forget, last monday i had probaly my best come back in a game for a long time.

In my second game i had only 65 in the 5th frame, I ended up bowling 203 which included 5 strikes-in-a-row. Not bad and i ended up bowling a 533 series.

Ive been feeling better about my bowling the last couple of weeks, I've made a couple of changes to my bowling action and they seem to have worked for me so far.

Well i hate to feel as though im repeating myself but tonight i did it again.

Bowled 202, 221, 150 Total series: 573

going into the last game i really thought i could get the monkey of my back once and for all but as has been the case far too often, I fell at the final hurdle.

There were some murmurs going on behind me as to whether or not i would bowl 600 series tonight and i did my best to put it behind me but it wasn't easy when you are almost standing right next to the people making the little remarks.

I'm not that disappointed i still bowled a good series, there is always next week.

My average is back around the high 170's again which i find amazing considering that i havent bowled a 600 series to keep it that high.

Thats consistency for you, another thing im glad about at the moment.

Im bowling more consistent games that will hopefully get me the 600 series i so badly want.

Our league finishes up next Monday night and after that its a 3 week break before we startup again.

If it doesnt happen next week, I'll use the break to try and figure out what changes i might need to make to my game.

Although i bowled back-to-back 200's tonight, I'll only be completely satisfied with my first 600 series if i can bowl 3 straight 200 games.

But i'll take a 600 however it is dealt to me.

hey mate, doing well....

i had the front ten in league the other night then started to think about the score, thinkin about how id be at the end of the game etc etc, next shot got away quick a board high 4-7.... my advice to ya now would be when ya have the first 2 games deposited in the bank, leave them there! dont mentally count your scores as u go, think back and concentrate on how sweet your delivery has been all night and just keep strokin it.

you will get there soon:cool:

going into the last game i really thought i could get the monkey of my back once and for all but as has been the case far too often, I fell at the final hurdle.

My advice - just bowl and let it happen. If you are off a 170 average it is only a matter of time and by the sound of it you are holding yourself back by thinking about it all the time.

People don't need to bowl 600's to average high 170. I was averaging mid 180's before i started shooting my first 600's.

I agree with what Rhs_rule300 has said, once the first two are in the bank, leave them there & don't think about them. put a mental veil over your self & believe you're bowling your first game again.

I didn't expect you to agree.

All I was trying to say was that if he has the ability to shoot 170 average then he also has the ability to shoot 600 sooner or later. But of course, some idiot had to come on and dispute what I had said.

Not much has happened lately.

In other words, I still havent got a 600 series yet.

We restarted our Monday night league last week and i started off with a 544 series.

I had a good finish to my last league, in the last 7 weeks i only bowled less than 500 on 2 occassions (both 497), the best series was a 574.

Its the first time in a long time that i finished a league with a higher average than at the start.

I'm feeling good, I've lost plenty of weight over the last year and theres more to loose.

So the 600 series looks promising.

I can only hope. My last 8 weeks of league bowling have yielded 6 games above 200, including 2 back-to-back on the same night (a very rare thing for me).

My bowling has never been better.

And thanks to all of you who have given me advice.

As I've said on previous occassions, I will let you all know when i bowl my first (yet overdue) 600 series.

ive been bowling about 1 year after a 3 year break and i jst shot my first 600 then 3 weeks later 700

Just add salt to the wound will ya! LoL

I've been hitting 600s frequently now. Most come out when they dont count. lol. Bowled one at our recent State Championships and took a state record in mixed A doubles. Had 2 more at last years Queanbeyan Championships which I mentioned earlier on this thread..

Back
Top Bottom