Back To Back 300's & 849 !!!!!!

bfcc

just want to say well done to Bruce Doig for bowling 849 in league tonight, his scores were 300,300,249 . Bruce also picked up $2000 for his efforts.

well done bruce..... maybe the sport series helped on the weekend :wink: :wink:

just wondering is this the first time someone has bowled back to back 300's in league ?????

That is Amazing bowling Bruce. Fantastic effort!!!!!

I really do think the Sports Series has some part to play in those scores. Must really have got you to get your eye in huh?

Nice guy, Nice Bowling, keep it going!!

Well done Brucey!

I don't think it was all the sports series helping you out though, i reckon:
Since you and i seem to draw the same pair every time we bowl a tourny together, maybe you've been taking notice of what i have been doing and doing the opposite! This seems to be working wonders! :lol: :lol:

Great bowling mate! It has been brewing for a while just by watching you recently, awesome!

Is this a league record for Caboolture or has someone already gone higher than this? It wouldn't surprise me.

Ronnie

Outstanding bowling Bruce - Congratulations!
Would have been great to have seen it.

Gavin & Louise Cavanagh

Well done Bruce!

There woudn't be to many people around who said they have gone back to back 300's but to finnish with (849!!!) is fantastic =D> .

What a moment to remember!

Congrats once again and keep those high games comming!

Jase

Oh..... Nice purse pick up as well.

Re: 849!!!!!!

bfcc said:
just wondering is this the first time someone has bowled back to back 300's in league ?????

Probably the first adult, but Derek Adams at Nerang (a junior) was the first person in Australia to do it ..

I wouldnt think the first Australian 900 isnt too many years away.

It was great bowling. I was on the same pair of lanes as Bruce, and it really was 24 pocket shots - not a lucky fall amongst them. He remained calm and cool, didn't seem nervous at all......I would have liked to be able to carry one good pocket shot last night, let alone 24!!! Well done, and happy shopping Mel!!! :lol:

Mustn't forget Georgie boy though - he too scored the perfect game in the first game of league last night. Well done for him too! :lol:

Must feel a little sorry for Batesy though today - three high game payouts, not to mention 2 300 jackpots and the strike jackpot for Gerbil......empty pockets today!!!

Broni 8)

Surperb bowling Bruce. Every shot same pace, same line, same result. You deserve the congratulations coming your way. Champion guy, champion bowler. Next time you sub for us please do the same!!

Cheers mate

Feral

derek adams bowled back to back 300s in league. and nice bowling there tahts a dam big series.

Well it took 16 months since the first, but Bruce Doig has created history by becoming the second bowler in Australia ( and the first Adult bowler) to bowl Back to Back 300 games.

Bowling in the Wednesday night Super League at Caboolture Bowl in Queensland in a 5 man team, Doig strung together the first 24 strikes of the night, and recorded only the second recorded back to back 300 games in Australia. Doig finished with a 249 game and an 849 series (300-300-249). 15 year old Derek Adams was the first in Australian bowling history to bowl back to back 300's when he recorded 258-300-300-246 on 11th February 2003 at Nerang Bowl in Queensland.

Caboolture Bowl owner Brian Bates, who was bowling with Doig throughout the night said "Every shot was perfect and not a lucky pin fall on any shot. It was great to watch !"

Doig earned $2000 for his achievement ($1000 per 300 game), and a place in the record books.

Shame you have to buy $10 raffle tickets at Twin Tour now, Bruce and good to see Mel up the back with her calculator. Great effort ! and Batesy was stretching his acting ability to keep the smile on his face!!!!

You deserve this result, Bruce - lots of games, tournaments and self-belief went into it.

Flower

Well done mate on your slice of history and the pockets full of cash.
I still reckon sparing that 10 pin after throwing 24 in a row was a bigger effort. :lol: :lol:
Also thanks for letting me get the strike jackpot first .

hamster
tony hamilton

Awesome effort Bruce, well bowled!! =D> =D>

I was glad I was there to watch it. Enjoy your piece of history, its yours forever!

Finally a post to this forum that does not involve complaining about something or another. Awesome bowling Bruce. Hope this kick starts you bowling in a few more tournaments. Hope to see a 900 post soon. From the sounds of your fellow league bowlers it may not be that far off.

back to back 300 & 849

Awesome bowling Mate - Keep up the good work
Animal

Hey Bruce.

Well done Mate!!
Great news. Back to back 300's Fantastic
Keep up the great work.
Don't let Mel near the money!

Steve Wright

Bruce a Champion Guy

Bruce,

That is the best news I have heard in many a long day. I've known you for what seems like an eternity since the good old clayfield days and back then you where still that nice guy. But know your the nice guy who bowls like a machine. Awesome mate. Hats off to one of the games genuine gentlemen.

Cheers Bud

Zane Que.

P.S. Tell everyone you know it was a 3 to 1 pattern and you had half a board to hit.

Well done Bruce!!!! Good to see all that subbung you are doing for me is paying off. And by the looks of things you will have many more chances for 3 in a row.....Congrats in the series too great effort to finish with 249 after throwing 2 300's keep up the good scoring mate..And win lots of points for me ..hehehehe!!!

Dwambo :wink:

Back
Top Bottom