Australian Masters : SUCCESS or FAILURE

Australian Masters - SUCCESS or FAILURE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Geoff 300, in the 1980's first prize in a Grand Prix event was about $1200.00, in the late 90's first prize in a Grand Prix was about $1200.00, and the entry fee was higher.

willey

And your point is ???

The Grand Prix cuircut was a good thing back then. It was also
heavily promoted by AMF, Steve Mackie thank you very much, and heavily supported by Bowlers, lots and lots of entries and qualifying attempts

The reason the entry fee went up was because the game prices went up
The Reason the prize fund did not go up was because the entry numbers
were down

If people start to want to bowl more in Tourn then things will
change and posibbly sponsorship may become available again

But If people whinge and moan and do bugger all things will
stay the same

In most tournaments,yes the prizemoney remains the same,or has even dropped over the years no doubt due to increase costs and reduced numbers, however when i used to bowl tournaments,it wasnt because of the money,it was because i wanted to compete against to best and have a go.I earn my money thru working,not bowling.

I felt the Masters was a success, great bowling,some hot looking girls there,and best of all great Atmosphere.

So are we saying that now next year will be better than ever!!! or better than this year ?

Was it a once off ?

Was there any feed back from TBA or AMF to next year that I missed.

So are we saying that now next year will be better than ever!!! or better than this year ?

Was it a once off ?

Was there any feed back from TBA or AMF to next year that I missed.

AMF have till the end of this month to decide on next years event.

Jase,

You can stop the negative critics on TB by just banning them. This sport does not need bad publicity on this site.

If your bowling coach or whatever said you were doing something wrong, would you go and find someone who said you were doing it right OR would you take it on board and go and work on the problems?

I can see benefits in being critical about certain things as that is how improvements are made. That is being critical in a constructive way to achieve a better result.

It was a pity that this tournament clashed with the world series of bowling but if it had been planned to run during the PBA off season, I'm guessing that we might have had a few pro's come out here for the tourny.

The supposed deadline has now passed. Does anyone have any information as to whether or not AMF will be putting up such a large sum of money and sponsoring this tournament again next year?

The supposed deadline has now passed. Does anyone have any information as to whether or not AMF will be putting up such a large sum of money and sponsoring this tournament again next year?

I think, from memory the meeting date was 13th Dec
I am sure we will all find out the minute it is decided

TBA Website announcement.
FOR RELEASE, DECEMBER 7TH, 2010
PRESS RELEASE
AMF Sponsorship for Australian Masters to Continue in 2011
TBA is delighted to announce that AMF Bowling have agreed to continue the sponsorship of the AMF Australian Masters in 2011. The highly successful event hosted at AMF Rooty Hill RSL in October attracted over 200 bowlers with world class athletes from the United States, Columbia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Indonesia partaking in the event. Over 900 qualifying entries were received in singles, doubles and mixed doubles events in the National Championships which served as the qualification for the Masters finalists.
As a result of the continuing sponsorship, AMF Bowling will again be the host of the 2011 Adult National Championships. At this point in time the location and dates of the championships are still being finalised however an announcement of these details is expected before the end of the year.
Both AMF Bowling and TBA look forward to working together to make the 2011 AMF Australian Masters an even bigger and more successful event.

Back
Top Bottom