Association Challenge Evolution

Hammer

Evolution
Just thought I would get a discussion going on our wonderful tournament known as the Association challenge. What are your views on any changes over the years?

2008 is going to be great whether you’re bowling watching or coaching, it’s the tournament some of us bowlers wait for every year. Some discussions around at the moment are that it has evolved and gone are the day’s where you went away and had drinks with your mates and bowled for fun? Bowling should always be fun.

I would tend to agree a little, I put it down to the challenge growing in statue and the more people that learned about it, the more people that wanted to bowl in it. I mean people still have drinks after and bond with there team. When I bowled for my first year 4 years ago, I didn’t know what to expect, than boy was I pleasantly surprised.

The association is now heavily contested and it’s getting harder to win every year. More and more bowlers are trying out, which makes for a lot harder competition. To bowl 7 games over 8 hrs of head to head competition, cheering every ball for your team mates, that’s what I call bowling.

Any one else got some stories or memories of there time and the growing of this tournament?

Regards
Steven Hampson
Kings Knight

Back
Top Bottom