AMF Junior Shield 2002

• Thread starter Keep on Smiling
  • Start date
Vic Junior shiled

One thing i don't like about the way the points system is now ,is that a team can win every game but not win overall.
This year Moorabbin Boys didn't loose a game all weekend however when it cames down to it it's all up to how high your pin fall .

yes i tend to agree in a way but we are bowling in a scratch event here and i can imagine what teams would say if they bowl 300 pins or so more than another team but coz they lost a couple of games when they bowled 980 and lost to a teams 1000. i dont think they would be too happy that way but i do see your point and where u r coming from.

I tend to think that this problem will be well rectified if the team win is made to be worth more than 1 point. For example, if they were worth three points, the instead of Moorabin being rewarded 13.00 team points on the weekend, they would have been rewarded 39.00 team points. By the same token, Sunshine and Keon Park would also have had higher team tokens, but not as high as Moorabin. This would have brought moorabin closer to the lead, if not taking it, so effectively, by raising the worth of the team win, this problem will also be resolved.

I would really like some feedback in regards to the rotating Goldpin centre involvement. If there is general support, it will need to be proposed soon if it is to be introduced for 2003, even 2004. Thank you.

Hey all,
I'd just like to say a huge thanks to the staff for all there hard work on the weekend and to all the players involved in this years amf junior shiled!!
GO THE PARKERS!!..2 years in a row!!..we rock...lets do it again next yr!! :lol:
From Lawrey!!

Hey again
regarding the goldpin Vs Shield..its a great idea..but wat about if u made the top 3 in each side..because i bowled for werribee in goldpin and come 3rd and bowled 4 keon park in shield and come 1st...so wat would u do in that situation?
Lawrey! :roll:

Hold Up Ppl

This is nice ppl, show wat the bowlerS of VICTORIA r like, 'a pack of bitching ppl!!!'.
The TOTALBOWLING site is not (the bitchy chat line) & the place 2 b bitching about ppl.
As ppl have been saying bowling is FUN.
Every tournament has there problems everyone knows that!!!
Just quit this shit & get over it.

From Craig

EXACTLY LOVE!

From teh words of teh great TIM TRELOAR... " WInge Winge Farking Winge Winge"

All i have to say is the winging parents are lucky i wasn't there this year, otherwise i would give you soemthing to winge about.

Whats on the lanes stays on the lanes, for the people on the lanes!

Straight from the TBA Rule Book:

RULE 210 GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT GUIDELINES
These Rules of Conduct will apply to all bowlers, coaches, administrators and all other persons in any way involved in TBA accredited competition.

CARD SYSTEM
A penalty system will apply to this tournament/League. Tournament/League Officials have the authority to issue official warnings and/or cards for any breach of the Code of Conduct. If, in the opinion of a Tournament/League Official, an incident is considered to be a very serious breach of the code, then that person may issue a Red Card immediately without having first issued an official warning or Yellow Card.

INFRACTIONS
The actions that a penalty may be issued for include but are not limited to the following:
1. EQUIPMENT ABUSE
2. PHYSICAL ABUSE
3. VERBAL ABUSE
4. OBSCENE GESTURES
5. CONTRAVENING THE TBA ANTI DOPING POLICY
6. CONTRAVENING THE TBA CODE OF ETHICS
7. UNFAIR ADVANTAGE BY:
a. Deliberate Foul
b. Use of Abrasives
c. Sledging
d. Any form of Cheating
8. FAILURE TO FOLLOW TOURNAMENT/LEAGUE OFFICIALS DIRECTIVES

I hope you guys lkeave all this at home when you come to President Shield Trials???

AMF are apparently building a new bowling centre at Chermside Park in the far east, perhaps they might take Ringwood's place in next years shield.

Broady???

Hmmm interesting Cam coz i also heard that Broadmeadows could be getting a centre as well and if ur right that would make 14 therefore Morwell misses out (again :cry: )
well Cam u been there many times before. What do u think about the points for Shield. Do u think there should be more points awarded for a team win or leave it as is??? You have now bowled at every level and probably could give some insight to systems that perhaps work better
Thanx
Kelvin

Junior Shield was always a favourite to bowl, Keon Park, Sunshine and Morwell were all traditional rivals, and it seems they were always right up there every year. Its a shame to read about what has happened (even though I wasnt there), and its also a shame to hear some of the comments made by past and present bowlers as well. But, life goes on.

Should teams be rewarded with more points for a win? I dont know if thats a wise idea ... teams could have one individual win and still take out the team points. If 3 points was given for the team, then both teams could end up drawing (not including pinfall, if thats still counted these days).

Dunn Shield isnt just about the bowlers, it also includes the managers, and their decisions along with the captain of the team as to where to place the bowlers. You could have two equally strong sides, and through careful planning, one team can whitewash the other, thats what competition is all about.

I think the points system is fine ... i think its the poor junior programs that some centres adopt that makes the poor competition.

To all you vic juniors out there that read this, if you want to "give it to someone" because they are opening there mouth or doing something physically, do it on the scoreboard. You get such a better reaction from defeating someone after they have been trying their hardest to put you off, than you do when you fall for it and they beat you (Lindsay - You catch my drift?)

hey milkman.
i heard that they are going to drop another team for the dunn sheild (adults and juniors) so that will bring it to 12 teams. so they can bowl at centers with 24 lanes. dont know if it is true but we will have to wait and see.
later all.

I actually had inside word that AMF might not be the ones building the new centre out at Chermside Park, maybe a proprietor is doing it ... who knows. I only heard this from my dad who is a courier driver that has seen work going up in that area

CAMERON BUDDY,

You out of all people should know, thats how i was brought up... im old school buddy.

If im talking it up and you beat me, so be it... its not the end of the world, ill get over it.

Sometimes i think you just dont know what your talking about... but what would i know.

Back
Top Bottom