AMF Junior Shield 2002

• Thread starter Keep on Smiling
  • Start date
thanks muels

meuls,
it's good to see that at least u were trying to stop what was happening. I didn't mean to sound as though i was attacking u if that's what it sounded like. It's good to see that you are trying to sort some of it out.
Hopefully now dozza understands what happened- and rather than being confussed about the events, take some actions of her own. Hopefully her son will also do the same.
That's enough bout this for now tho
thanks rowdy

thanks for clearing it up Rowdy coz it did seem liek u were attacking me on this issue.
as i have been just told i was in the wrong and should learn a lesson from this.
how am i in the wrong and what am i meant to learn ???? not to bowl particular bowlers when we come up against certain teams.

agree

I back up both Rowdy and Kelvin!
Rowdy yes u are right to be mad at the bowler for what he did!
and also kelvin i now know u tried everything in your power to stop it!

and if you want to know who i am figure this puzzle out! lol
you can call me (Rasberry U.D.L)!!!

LOL

Thats right Rowdy and I know who u r! but not metioning any names!

Hey everyone....
I dun't mean to sound rude.... But isn't bowling all about fun and FRIENDLY compition?¿? I know sumthings mite have been said, or actions might have been taken. But if situations like this occur, can't it stay between the ppl involved? Why inform everyone of the bad things going on in the 'bowling world'? We r meant to b encouraging bowlers and showing that this sport is fun. I just wish ppl could put the fun bak in bowling......
ciao
xoxo

Yes bowling is a fun game but the thing is there is some confusion on who is to blame for this. For me i am trying to redeem my name and my teams name and not have it dragged through the mud.
If u were at Junior Shield on the weekend u will see how much of a fun tournament it is and how much people enjoy themselves.
Just ask anyone who was there.

I was there spectating on the weekend, and I know generally it was a fun time for all. Just saying if ppl r having problems, sort it out between them selves not in public! Theres no need to humiliate ppl!

yes but it wasnt brought up by us.
we are trying to clear things up and me personally i want to sort it out as quick as possible coz i am very good friends with all involved and i know that they are hurting by all this and really they do not need to go through this especially since they both will be going for pres shield and i would rather them both focus on the trials ahead instead of worrying about this

I am so sorri i think u have taken this the wrong way... I know everyone involved and they r all really gr8 ppl. Thats y i dunt think such serious topics like this, should b bought up in rooms where everyone can view them.
I am so sorri!

its cool, dont be sorry.
we are all sorry it came out like this but if it didnt come up in here i would never have known about these issues to start with

In Reply...

!!! WITHOUT PREJUDICE !!!

Hello all...
Let me start off on a pleasant note by saying thank you very much to all bowlers involved in the AMF Junior Shield on the weekend. It all went quite well and the competitive nature was fantastic.
Now, to business...
I appreciate the fact that this matter should probably not have been aired here on total bowling, however, now that the topic has arisen, it is particularly hard to ignore it and hope it will go away, especially when one of my closest friends and teammates is getting trashed.
Let me start by stating for those of you who dont know that my name is Dale Zammit. I do not wish to hide my identity for the comments I am about to make, however no other identities will be revealed hereforth.
The happenings of the weekend were purely and simply in the spirit of the game. I was on the lanes with the bowler in question for every single game, and saw all of the incidents that did occur, and there was nothing that could possibly warrant the goings on afterwards. A direct note to the mother in question, as well as ALL that have defended and stood by her remarks and actions; I think you people are all displaying your indiscrete immaturity over this issue. How does it go? "What happens on the lanes stays on the lanes" I am a HUGE believer in that. I think that is well and truly displayed in the friendship that alot of us share with the likes of certain bowlers whose on-lane displays are less that friendly. I saw NOTHING on the weekend that is any worse than things I have personally experienced elsewhere, namely Junior Goldpin Shield. However, nothing rose out of that even remotely to the likes of this.
As far as respect being lost... I think the people that came from are the ones who deserve to have their respect stripped of them, as they have treated themselves to their own moral dignity suffering the same fate. It is pathetic how a young man who goes onto the lanes only to have fun could cop this sort of a slagging after the fact.
I say all of this in utter defense of anything that happened, particularly at the hands of the certain bowler in question. I cant believe what has been said. All of you should be deeply ashamed, and i cant see how anyone could call themselves his friend. It is a disgrace, and I can say, in reply to all that has happened, that it is my respect that has been lost for all of you. Thank you for your time, and in closing I would like to say to all the people involved, that if you cant stand the heat... GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!

Hey Peoples,

I would just like to congratulate all the bowlers on the weekend on a great effort!!

I would just like to say that I know what some people are talking about here but i agree with 300 Noof. What goes on down on the lanes should stay there. I have now been involved with junior shield for over 3 years (2 as a manager, 1 as a bowler myself) and would just like to say i know how frustrating it can be when things like this happen.

My deapest sympathies goes to kelvin because if i was in his position right now being a manager of one of the teams i honestly would not know what i would do.

However, Pointing the finger at a particular person in public is wrong. If you have a problem with someone tell them in person or do something about it on the day not bring it up 24 hours later.

That is just my opinion.

And the slagging, dragging peoples names through the mud and pointing the finger continues. Why dont we stop it right here.......to be fair to all people concerned whether they are right or wrong, people are hurting!

Kelvin, your right, as a Manager you should of been made aware of it as should the Manager of the other Team. It is obvious that this incident has affected a number of bowlers in both Teams concerned.

Can I suggest that you get the teams involved together perhaps to have a friendly game and to mend friendships, to have this sorted out before President Shield trials. Both Teams are a great bunch of guys and spirited players, it will be a pity if it is not resolved and relationships allowed to sour.

Lets call it a Truce.

END IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you people should already know who I am? if not look through the forum!

I know the intention of the bowler we are talking wasnt meant to hurt anyone, and i know some people who are parents and bowlers are getting upset from this subject being disguist over the forum publicly, but to the bowlers and ya know who i am talking about, go talk to the manager who was at junior shield and tell him the full story and what had happened then diguise privately to the other team what had happened and what you fell now, because I am sure everyone espeacially the bolwers from both teams would like to end this subject right here and now, I would love to see this end right here and now, end it with an apology and im sure things will turn out better then what they are! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Who??

Predator,
I mostly agree with this post of yours, it does need to end, as has been said many times. However, "End it with an apology"? Who do you feel should apologise? If what I am thinking is correct, then I think this is not justified, as I feel that person did nothing out of the ordinary, certainly nothing that should warrant a direct apology.

Just a few general questions out of interest... Who should apologise? Who should they apologise to? And what for?

By the way... People who were there as spectators on the weekend really didnt see everything that went on down on the lanes, regardless of how much you were told. I am yet to see one post (as far as I know) from the two people most deeply involved in this, so why dont we let them have their say, preferably not publically. Thank you.

only defending

dale,
i have said this directly to the bowler involved, but i shall say it hear too. I posted what i did defending the mother that was involved in this incident.
I don't see how you could possibly talk to someone and respect them after they do the things the bowler did to her son and his fellow team mates. If dozza hadn't posted what she did, you would not be seeing any posts on this site from me- but- her post was publically viewed- and as many know the people invovled, i was not about to let it pass.
Like i've said already, what the bowler did was unexceptable- that is why he recieved the sort of reaction he did from that mother. Obviously, she saw what was happening, and heard it directly from many of the bowlers involved.
Like i said- he should keep his hands to himself- literally.
dale- i dont consider myself a friend of his- not just from this incident alone
christian- i think they know who i am!
sam- i want bowling to be a friendly competition- but it's hard when the actions of bowlers like the person in question are occurring

Rowdy,
I know why you posted what you did, and I understand that, but there is NO defense for what was said by the mother in question! Okk, maybe she didnt like what happened between her son and whoever else, but that isnt anything to do with her! The Junior Shiled competition is a BOWLING competition! The sport of bowling is, in my opinion and I am sure many people have a similar view, around 80% mental! So, any chance that a person has to gain a mental edge is taken, and we have seen that time and time again, but afterwards, it is all forgotten!
If people out there, who actually KNOW what happened, genuinely believe it was over the top, then let them have their opinion, INCLUDING the mother involved! However, there is no need for anybody else to get directly involved in the situation! What I am saying is that the mother should have stayed out of it from the start and let her son, who I know is more than old enough to look after himself, sort it out with the other bowler involved. If that had happened, ALL of this crap would have been easily avoided!
I have just spoken to one of the bowlers involved, who has told me that he has been talking to the other bowler, and that things are fine! Neither of them have a problem with what happened! So why should anybody else? I think that is reasonable, don't you?

Junior Shield 2003

So with another year over what is going to happen next year.
We have our now 12 AMF Centres competing (was 13 but unfortunately Ringwood is now closed).
So what does this mean????
Will Morwell be invited back next year along with another country team e.g Geelong as they have always fielded a competitve team and in fact winning the boys shield in 98 by 5 pins (DOH! over Sunshine LOL!)
Or will we see a restructure in the way the tournament is bowled by perhaps seeing just the 12 AMF centres bowl and possible a positional round to be added in. If so when and where would this game be added. Last game of Day 1 or Beginning of Day 2 or Last game of day 2 (i find this to be a difficult situation as in this years case the teams that were first and second did play off in the last game) Also would it be based on individual divisions Boys & and Girls or would placings be decided by the overall team situation.
If it was the separte divisions then u will have possibly ur two teams split up as ur teams boys maybe in first position and the girls team running in 5th therefore where would the supporters go to support and what would team coaches do in the event there is only one coach. Surely he/she cannot be expected to be running back and forth 20 lanes to watch his 2 teams.

Another little thing that i think possibly could be improved on is our points system. I believe the Peterson Points system is the best possible way to run a tournament because of the simply fact your team could bowl a great game but get knocked over and u still receive points for it.
The only thing i dont like is that u only receive one (1) point for winning the team game. As it is a teams event we should be emphasising a teams win by rewarding them with 2 or 3 points instead of the one which is basically equivalent to an individual win. If u look at most Team leagues u will usually receive more points for the team game than u do for the individual win.

Also a point that was brought up on the weekend is that teams should receive an extra point for a BIG win e.g. 1 bonus point for every 50 pins u win by. I personally do not like this idea as it doesn't make the weaker sides feel good. A team doesn't bowl too well and the opposition does why should they get an extra few points for winning by a couple hundred pins.

I would like some interesting feedback on these issues.
Thanks Kelvin

Suggestions

Hey Kelv.
I like some of your suggestions. In fact, I was thinking about the matter of morwell earlier. I think an interesting alternative would be to provide two spots in the AMF Junior Shield to 2 independent centres, which should rotate yearly. Starting next year with Morwell and Geelong would be a good start, as they are the two prominent centres having participated in the past.
As far as the points go, i do agree that the team win should be worth more than one point. In a 5 man team situation, I think it should be worth at least 3. That way, the team who walks away with the team victory would have won, at worst drawn, the game on pins AND points, even if they only win 1 individual.
These are things that AMF certainly need to take into account. I think it would make the Junior Shield competition more interesting, and will draw more bowlers.

Back
Top Bottom