AMF vs GOLDPIN

Werribee

Werribee
On the Goldpin Shield weekend parents from Geelong asked if we could have a " friendly showdown" ( and I stress friendly), between the 3 place getters at Goldpin and AMF Junior Shield(boys and girls = totalling 12 teams).

The first one would be at Werribee and next year at a chosen AMF centre. We would have to organise this independently, but I am happy to give it a go if I get a bit of assistance.

What do you think- bearing in mind that Junior Shield hasn't been played yet?

Let me know your thoughts,
Edi

Hey Edi!
i reckon it would be pretty cool.. but then there's still the question what happens to bowlers who bowl both? i dont know how many actually do.. but i know jess lawrence does. so who would they bowl for n stuff?! :p

Well, Geelong and Morwell girls wouldn't be a problem, I realise Jess would have to choose, and no offence should be taken by either sides when she does- it really would be a hard decision (we luv ya Jess!!).

Boys wouldn't be a prob for Bendigo or Ed Fleming and Werribee has a couple of overlaps there too. If any team can't go in there place would be taken by next on standings eg: 4th boys team was Morwell.

But we have to see which sides make it in for AMF before we cross that path. It's only an idea but it would be fun for those involved. If last weekend is anything to go by, it will be mad!

By the way, is AMF teams of 4 or 5 on the lane? Goldpin is 6 a team, with 4 bowling. Minimum of 7 out of 14 games per bowler.

Edi

we had jess first! hahahah

amf is 7 boys and girls, with 5 man teams

there's a minimum of 7 out of the first 10, with one bowler bowling 8.. then there's two games following (the last of which is a positional round)

we luv jess 2!!!
jess! hhehee

i think this challenge would be a great idea..
I will bowl in it, if you will allow me to, as a few of us from Keon Park will age out at the end of this year.

I'm sure Keon Park will gladly participate in bowling and possibly hosting this event.

This sounds like a great idea, and if we can find a day that doesnt clash with tournaments then you will see me there!

Lotus,

don't worry about the aging out bit. We will have to use the existing teams that qaulified for the 2003 Junior Shield from both AMF and Goldpin irrespective of whether this happens in 2003 or 2004. I have 4 bowlers who age out this year too.

After the AMF Junior Shield is done, I will wait for some one from AMF to call me and we can get it going. It would only be fair that we have someone representing both groups doing the organising.

The 17th and 18th January 2004 sounds good to me, and the calendar doesn't show any National events. Let me know your thoughts.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Edi

That sound cool.

What if we held if at an independant centre, as in no team represented that centre, at least that way there will be no home ground advantaged.

Let me know what everyone's thoughts are on that.

I agree with Lotus.. if this challenge was brought about it would be much fairer if it was held at a independent centre.. if possible of a distance which doesn't disadvantage a team travel wise.. (not sure how possible it is)

cheers,
Craig

I was thinking somewhere like Greensborough, or even Box hill or something.

Im sure Greensborough would be able to do something like that.

Why don't we just wait until the Junior Shield has been bowled and then go to the next step. It is just a couple of weeks away any way.

We do have to consider game rates, sponsorship etc..

Do I have any volunteers to join me in the organising?

Edi

we could extend this to the adults as well

sorry roo boy, the top 3 was too much for you to get team rooboy into hey :wink: :wink: :wink:

i still think a carnival combining country cup, dunn shield and emmerson shield should be

from the little i saw on the weekend, i was very impressed, this should have been around years ago, this, junior dunn shield and junior country cup will only benefit future president shield campaigns.

job well done by everyone who helped in the running, and especially to the people that got the sportspeople to the event

i may have a suggestion but i doubt it would work. y not have allstar team playoffs from each rolloff, ie: amf, emerson and country cup, or take highest averages for each team and mix and match from there? greensborough would be able to cope with something like this.

Back
Top Bottom